SiouxSports.com Forum

Joe Finley

siouxweet

your right, i mixed gleason and feinhage around. im not sure which of those i would pick to bring in...gleason is fast, but mac is big...

from what little i know about the two... it seems macwilliam is more the type who could step in now, where as gleason could put on some weight and muscle in a year of juniors before coming in. i think both will be solid dmen which ever way the coaches decide to go.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your right, i mixed gleason and feinhage around. im not sure which of those i would pick to bring in...gleason is fast, but mac is big...

I wonder if both will come in (along with Blood) if Chorney or Finley leaves early.

All dmen (9):

Sr - Chorney, Finley, Jones

Jr - Genoway

So - Marto, LaPoint

Fr - Blood, MacWilliam, Gleason

Don't the coaches normally want 8 dmen on the roster? Unless there is a walk-on, or someone else that I am missing, I would think that both Gleason and MacWilliam would come in if someone leaves. And if both Chorney and Finley leave, then maybe Finehage would come in too.

Although it would not be ideal to have 4 freshmen dmen and only 2 upperclassmen. :D

Brad Elliott?

;)

This could go on forever. I think you mean Brian Elliott. :D

Well... every time I see your name, brian, I get all confused, frustrated, and for some reason angry. :D

Yeah, I meant Brian.

It doesn't help that our blogger is named Brad Elliott Schlossman. ???

Chorney is signing with Edmonton in August for I believe $760k, which is below the rookie max but not a bad pay day. This is according to my brother's conversation with Chorney himself.

I hate to start rumors, but if he is talking openly about it, I view that as being public knowledge.

Well, Taylor Chorney isn't listed as attending the Edmonton Oilers prospect camp, if that means anything. Chris VandeVelde is, though.

Link

• 2 weeks later...
come Joe. join Duncan and Kozek and come back for one more shot at glory.

Yeah, sounds great provided he has a one way ticket to a power skating camp, so his raw speed can get far far better. A shooting camp (granted shooting camps don't exist, but just go with it), so he can get his "monster" shot of quickly so it actually get's to the net. It's amazing how when a guy takes five seconds to shoot guys get in the way and block it. And lastly, a plyometric camp so he can do somethin about having quicker and better feet, Cause right now his feet are the worst in the history of big-time college hockey. As long as that's all done bring em back. Why not.

P.S. We should also PRAY they don't have to play BC in the postseason again so all the forementioned flaws aren't grossly exposed again

Yeah, sounds great provided he has a one way ticket to a power skating camp, so his raw speed can get far far better. A shooting camp (granted shooting camps don't exist, but just go with it), so he can get his "monster" shot of quickly so it actually get's to the net. It's amazing how when a guy takes five seconds to shoot guys get in the way and block it. And lastly, a plyometric camp so he can do somethin about having quicker and better feet, Cause right now his feet are the worst in the history of big-time college hockey. As long as that's all done bring em back. Why not.

P.S. We should also PRAY they don't have to play BC in the postseason again so all the forementioned flaws aren't grossly exposed again

Agreed!!! He needs a lot of work and, being a senior, not sure how much more college hockey will help him.

Just another high profile player who has failed to develop under hakstol. :D

I know there is a smile there, but I did not mean to imply blame to Hakstol. I'm not sure why he hasn't gotten any better, he just hasn't. I really don't care why but I think it is in the Caps best interest (and Joe's) to go know and find out what they've got in him.

I know there is a smile there, but I did not mean to imply blame to Hakstol. I'm not sure why he hasn't gotten any better, he just hasn't. I really don't care why but I think it is in the Caps best interest (and Joe's) to go know and find out what they've got in him.

I just said that because we've been hearing a lot of Sioux fans claim that Lucia hasn't properly developed a few players recently like Chucko, Okposo, etc. so I was just pointing out that it happens to all programs who recruit high profile players, not just Minnesota.

I just said that because we've been hearing a lot of Sioux fans claim that Lucia hasn't properly developed a few players recently like Chucko, Okposo, etc. so I was just pointing out that it happens to all programs who recruit high profile players, not just Minnesota.

i think that somebody would have to be pretty naive to think that lucia is not one of the best all around coaches. i think that he needs to refine his recruiting, because he gets these high profile players that do not care about playing there so much.

back on topic, joe finley will be here next year in my estimation. he is a couple of years from nhl and unless the caps feel they could develop him better, he will develop here for free. they probably have a tough call, though, because they normally dont like to let 1st rounders develop for 4 years in college.

Why the hell does every damn thread have to be turned over to talking about Lucia?

This only fuels Dean's obsession with putting us down.

I want Joe to come back for his senior year because I hate it when the haters get their way. They got their way with Lee and now Lee is seeing NHL time (or did before their season came to a close). I'd like to see Finley stay for one more year.

I don't expect Finley to make the NHL in his first season maybe not his first two seasons. However, I think in 3 years he could make the big show for a call up or two. Why not spend one of those 3 years on the cheap (speaking from the perspective of the Capitols).

Jim Dahl- As resident Caps fan, I turn to you to push the Caps front office into agreeing. :D

If you don't think Joe Finley has improved from his freshman year to now, than you apparently don't watch a lot of Sioux games.

To me, it's like night and day with Joe.

It would be great to have Joe back for his final year. He would be one of the best defensemen in college hockey. I believe he was leading the team with about a plus 22 in early March. I'm not sure his plus/minus ended up. But I'll take a 6' 7" - 250 lbs, 1st round Senior defenseman any day. Come back Joe, we'd love to have you.

If you don't think Joe Finley has improved from his freshman year to now, than you apparently don't watch a lot of Sioux games.

To me, it's like night and day with Joe.

Finley has improved a lot his past three season.

It would be great to have Joe back for his final year. He would be one of the best defensemen in college hockey. I believe he was leading the team with about a plus 22 in early March. I'm not sure his plus/minus ended up. But I'll take a 6' 7" - 250 lbs, 1st round Senior defenseman any day. Come back Joe, we'd love to have you.

Freshman +18

Sophomore +19

Junior +24