SiouxSports.com Forum

Michael Forney

hockeydog

Ok then...off to Green Bay and then?? Interesting, but there is a previous situation like this that happened at UND a few years ago so maybe he'll be back? But I doubt it.

Quinn Fylling left UND to go back to the USHL and came back after a year.

Quinn Fylling left UND to go back to the USHL and came back after a year.

To be specific:

Forney is the latest. Hunter Bishop was the last and Quinn Fylling the next.

I'm not sure if there were others before Fylling.

I, for one, hope Forney is recruited by UND again (or asked to return).

To be fair to the previous detractors of Forney, they are right. Forney should have taken a year of juniors first.

To be specific:

To be fair to the previous detractors of Forney, they are right. Forney should have taken a year of juniors first.

I watched him in high school..... :)

I think he should start fresh at another school. Nice kid, just don't think he's Sioux material....of course just my opinion :D

To be specific:

anyone know where bishop is playing these days?

Since he redshirted the past two years, if Forney came back to UND after a year in the USHL, he would still have 3 years of eligibility left, correct?

Negative he would have two years left.

I hope he does come back to UND. I have heard through a friend that works with the hockey team that this young man has a lot of character and is a great person. He has worked very hard in the rehab from the injuries.

He was recruited for a reason. I believe he has it in him to be a great asset to the Fighting Sioux hockey family. Unfortunately, being plagued by injuries didn't allow us to see him at his best! I hope he does well and, mayhap, come back.

Negative he would have three years left. He took a medical redshirt this season.

how do you know? that has never been released. it has been a lingering rumor for months here...that doesnt mean anything. until i see a release, he has 2 years left.

how do you know? that has never been released. it has been a lingering rumor for months here...that doesnt mean anything. until i see a release, he has 2 years left.

Not an official release but he did tell me at the Regionals that he took a medical redshirt for this past season.

Negative he would have three years left. He took a medical redshirt this season.

I wonder if he plans on coming back back after a year in JR's. I would hate to see him playing for a team like the Goofs and have him

scoring goals against the Sioux.

Forney was good enough to play as a freshman at UND. If he doesn't have those injuries he would have been a regular in the lineup the past 2 years. I watched him at the Sioux Falls tryout a few years ago, and he was the best forward on the ice that weekend. That included Notre Dames Ryan Thang among others.

Forney was good enough to play as a freshman at UND. If he doesn't have those injuries he would have been a regular in the lineup the past 2 years. I watched him at the Sioux Falls tryout a few years ago, and he was the best forward on the ice that weekend. That included Notre Dames Ryan Thang among others.

Absolutely!

You have five chronological years to complete your four years of eligibility. If Forney successfully received a medical redshirt for last year, his career could look like this:

Year 1: Freshman

Year 2: Medical Redshirt

Year 3: Sophomore

Year 4: Junior

Year 5: Senior

However, if he goes to the USHL, he would come back with just two years left on the chronological clock. That would make the question of the medical redshirt irrelevant:

Year 1: Freshman

Year 2: Medical Redshirt

Year 3: USHL

Year 4: Sophomore

Year 5: Junior

Year 6: Sorry there is no year 6; you're done after 5.

At least the newspaper article answered some questions. Now we know that the screws in his ankle were causing him pain this season. It would really be tough to play at 100% under those conditions, especially having been injured so much and not seeing much ice time. Good luck in the USHL and hopefully we will see a skilled Forney back on the Sioux team in a year.