SiouxSports.com Forum

Oshie, Vandevelde trouble

gfhockey

Here's an idea. After getting your &*&^ handed to you 12 hours before, go home and get some sleep and reflect on the game. Life's a big party for TJ. I think there is a pattern developing here. GROW UP TJ. Life won't get an easier in St Louis.

life is a big party to any COLLEGE STUDENT! i think its time for you to grow up and let the kid be a college student! things like this happen to college students...hell i have two loud party violations, why arnt you telling me to grow up?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love TJ on the ice. Off-ice, he's a great, fun-loving kid with an unfortunate penchant for getting into some scrapes. He's putting himself in unnecessarily perilous territory with these last couple of incidents.

His probation for the '07 minor on premises offense stipulated he violate no criminal laws for twelve months. The disorderly conduct charge was filed in Feb. '08 and is in pre-trial conference status. Now this latest.

I'll agree that none of these three "offenses" amounts to a hill of beans, but this is a pattern of something. I don't know what kind of consequences being found guilty of either of these two recent deals would have on his '07 sentence imposition. But it seems like he's either thumbing his nose at the law, irresponsible, stupid, or a combination of any or all. It's disappointing.

Nice mature attitude toward things. Alcohol's a wonderful amnesia drug, isn't it? :)

did i say it was mature? no. it's the truth. clearly, they will have to accept the consequences, and if i was in there shoes, i would have done the same thing. i never said it was a good idea, we're college students and we do some not so smart things. get over it.

No. I had heard it was a ginger ale party.

Maybe it was - my point was that people should gather the facts before jumping to conclusions.

Oh wait, on the other hand, maybe we should just give the public limited facts on situations and then completely avoid the legal system and just let the public fill in the blank plotlines and reach a binding conclusion. It'll be like a real-life "Choose Your Own Adventure" book, except it will really be "Choose Your Favorite Sioux Hockey Player's Adventure."

lets just close this thread now because i feel there will be some heated words exchanged between the bandwagon sioux fan and the die hard sioux fan! please bandwagoners jump off this board because you already jumped off the team.

i agree. whatever really happpened, we really don't know, and i don't think it's really any of our business and it should be in a "rumor" thread if there was one.

Here's an idea. After getting your &*&^ handed to you 12 hours before, go home and get some sleep and reflect on the game. Life's a big party for TJ. I think there is a pattern developing here. GROW UP TJ. Life won't get an easier in St Louis.

TJ happens to get caught every time he does something obviously... but to start jabbering like this is ridiculous.. These guys have drank barely zero alcohol in however long to be serious about frozen four... I would have came home and drank myself to sleep... oh ya ps.. THESE ARE COLLEGE KIDS.. chill out

If they were in violation of the noise ordinance, they deserve the citation. Just because they can play hockey doesn't mean they are above the law. In fact I am of the school that believes that as public figures they have to expect that the police will hold them to the strict letter of the law in order to avoid claims of preferential treatment.

Sure glad that nobody looked at me as a ROLE MODEL OR PUBLIC FIGURE when I was that age. Get off your high horse and realize that they are college age kids even before they are great athletes. I am not excusing them I just don't think they should be held to a higher standard because society values their skills.

BD

UND Players In Trouble Again

Three players from the North Dakota hockey team were issued citations by the Grand Forks police department early Friday morning, according to reports.

T.J. Oshie, Taylor Chorney and Chris VandeVelde all received "loud party" violations in relation to the incident only hours after returning home to Grand Forks from Denver, where the three participated in the Frozen Four.

A loud party violation is issued when the decibel level of a home becomes a nuisance to neighbors, and fines range from $250 to $750, depending on the facts in relation to the offense. No jail time comes with the infraction.

I think I attended a few of these while in college. :)

That is simply not true. A loud party violation is a B misdemeanor which carries with it a a maximum term of imprisonment of 30 days, a $1,000 fine of both. Practically speaking, however, unless you have a horrible record or multiple noise violations you will not sit any jail time. Also, there is no minimum mandatory fine, i.e. it is discretionary with the court up to $1,000.

TJ happens to get caught every time he does something obviously... but to start jabbering like this is ridiculous.. These guys have drank barely zero alcohol in however long to be serious about frozen four... I would have came home and drank myself to sleep... oh ya ps.. THESE ARE COLLEGE KIDS.. chill out

I love TJ as a player and I'm sure he's a great teammate and probably someone I'd be friends with if I was his age. That said, trouble doesn't just happen to "follow" people around....

has anyone else noticed the people who started the "bashing" threads are the newer people on this board! i am all for new people but are these people even offering any decent information to UND hockey or even college hockey for that matter? i think these people are just bandwagon fans and are the ones who turned the game off because "it was too sickning to watch".

has anyone else noticed the people who started the "bashing" threads are the newer people on this board! i am all for new people but are these people even offering any decent information to UND hockey or even college hockey for that matter? i think these people are just bandwagon fans and are the ones who turned the game off because "it was too sickning to watch".

This wasn't a bashing thread.

TJ and crew did something stupid. They're paying for it. Probably the final kiss off to a horrible season ending game.

No excuses and I'm sure they're getting run through the mill (TJ has to answer to Hakstol AND Davidson).

Too bad for the lot of them.

only in a college town of 50,000 in a state of 600,000 is this an issue. Come on. GFPD get off the hockey team. What an absolutely pointless issue.

Those who think the guys should sit alone in their rooms and feel badly about laying an egg in the F4, get serious. I would be the first one to crank it up. The sun will rise tomorrow, they lost, they are disappointed, time to have a good time and look forward to next year.

only in a college town of 50,000 in a state of 600,000 is this an issue. Come on. GFPD get off the hockey team. What an absolutely pointless issue.

Those who think the guys should sit alone in their rooms and feel badly about laying an egg in the F4, get serious. I would be the first one to crank it up. The sun will rise tomorrow, they lost, they are disappointed, time to have a good time and look forward to next year.

Well then they should do it in a manner where it stays out of the press DUH!!!

I disagree with that, so if this was the Goofs who did that in a metro area of over 3 million people it would not be an issue on this board?? HUH Remember Blarney's?

Just Curious.....if a bunch of students from West Hall Dorm are loud with a party, does it make the newspaper? Or a bunch of med school students living in an apartment off campus get their names in the paper if they are having a party? Just curious.Maybe the GF police are never able to make it to Fan Night at the REA and wanted an autograph from these players on the ticket they sign. :)