SiouxSports.com Forum

Oshie, Vandevelde trouble

gfhockey

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet but 3 hours after they touched down in grand forks they get a loud party violation. This makes me mad. The cops should have atleast given them a warning. I no poeple who have like 3 of these warnings.

Nice "welcome back to town" boys from the GF Popos. At least it was a warning.

Nice "welcome back to town" boys from the GF Popos. At least it was a warning.

If they were in violation of the noise ordinance, they deserve the citation. Just because they can play hockey doesn't mean they are above the law. In fact I am of the school that believes that as public figures they have to expect that the police will hold them to the strict letter of the law in order to avoid claims of preferential treatment.

I dont know about that. Police around here usually cut people some slack on this cuz they now how much this little violation screws u over big time. If im not mistakin, this is a felony and ail time suspended. Now oshie I think will haev to serve some time cuz of the prior incident in the elevator i beleive. My son has 2 written warnings for loud party ordinances.

I dont know about that. Police around here usually cut people some slack on this cuz they now how much this little violation screws u over big time. If im not mistakin, this is a felony and ail time suspended. Now oshie I think will haev to serve some time cuz of the prior incident in the elevator i beleive. My son has 2 written warnings for loud party ordinances.

A felony....gfhockey? :) R u kidding me. Drunk Driving is not a felony. Think about it gfhockey. Get your sioux green hockey blinders off for a bit. TJ Oshie deserves zero slack at this time....I believe this is the third time now he has had run ins with the police.

A felony....gfhockey? :) R u kidding me. Drunk Driving is not a felony. Think about it gfhockey. Get your sioux green hockey blinders off for a bit. TJ Oshie deserves zero slack at this time....I believe this is the third time now he has had run ins with the police.

\

http://media.www.dakotastudent.com/media/s...d-2664561.shtml

read that. says a loud party violation is more sever then a DUI. It may not eb a felony but its pretty severe.

Here's an idea. After getting your &*&^ handed to you 12 hours before, go home and get some sleep and reflect on the game. Life's a big party for TJ. I think there is a pattern developing here. GROW UP TJ. Life won't get an easier in St Louis.

Ok, clearly a citation for a noisy party or gathering is not a felony. That is ridiculous.

Also, Oshie has not been convicted of anything concerning the disorderly conduct charge from Dec (the "elevator incident"). He's merely been charged with disorderly conduct as of today. I'm pretty sure the last thing that was reported on this was that the case had been moved from Municipal to District Court and the trial has yet to occur.

So, let's not lump those charged with offense into the same group as those who have actual convictions. How about if we let the system run its course before passing judgment?

Finally, it never ceases to amaze me when people complain about the police actually doing their jobs. I'm pretty sure the academy doesn't teach them to only issue citations and make arrests if the subjects are not UND Hockey players.

I'm just as much a fan of the team as anyone else in this city. However, there are consequences for breaking the law, no matter who commits the offense.

Nice to see that they didn't dwell on getting their asses kicked to long.Let's celebrate with a loud party and who knows what else.I have lost some respect for TJ this time around.

Fine, and he doesn't have any respect for these people on this board. The kids don't read this board because it's people who never played the game, computer geeks and hockey wannabees. Practically every kid in college drinks. I'm sure you do too. But, to continually bash the players is a joke.

honestly, i won't ridicule the guys because if I just lost a game like that, i'd have done the exact same thing. I doubt it was a celebratory party... it was a we sucked it up, let's drink to forget it thing. things happen, and they'll have to accept the consequences.

Fine, and he doesn't have any respect for these people on this board. The kids don't read this board because it's people who never played the game, computer geeks and hockey wannabees. Practically every kid in college drinks. I'm sure you do too. But, to continually bash the players is a joke.

Camas Hawk or is it Mr. Oshie? They shouldn't read this board your right who cares what anyone on here has to say, but we all have an opinion. Relax the kid broke the law deal with it. TJ will be gone here shortly, and grand forks will be the furthest thing from his mind, so relax. I am sure you need a nap after having to get that phone call at 6:00 am this morning.

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet but 3 hours after they touched down in grand forks they get a loud party violation. This makes me mad. The cops should have atleast given them a warning. I no poeple who have like 3 of these warnings.

Not trying to bash anyone here...but do we know whether or not there have been any previous warnings?

I said I lost a little respect for TJ with this incident.BTW I have played the game for the last 40 years and still do and also coach the game.I know I personally would of taken the defeat a little more seriously and not gone to a big party and celebrate it.He is 21 now not 16.This has nothing to do with my respect for the way he plays the game because nobody plays with more grit and heart than he does.Believe me I am going to miss watching him.

I said I lost a little respect for TJ with this incident.BTW I have played the game for the last 40 years and still do and also coach the game.I know I personally would of taken the defeat a little more seriously and not gone to a big party and celebrate it.He is 21 now not 16.This has nothing to do with my respect for the way he plays the game because nobody plays with more grit and heart than he does.Believe me I am going to miss watching him.

I didn't hear the news report, so I may be wrong here. I apologize if I am.

Anyway, do we know this was a "big party"? I believe the noisy party or gathering ordinance merely requires that it be a gathering of 2 or more people. Unless reported otherwise, for all we know it may have simply been Oshie and VV hanging out.

Also, do we know alcohol was involved or is everyone just assuming that as well? Not that I would berate them for drinking after that game anyway. I wonder how many fans went out and got completely tanked after that loss in reaction to their disappointment? I won't fault any player for doing the same.

Just asking. I prefer to gather the facts before jumping all over people.

Anyway, do we know this was a "big party"? I believe the noisy party or gathering ordinance merely requires that it be a gathering of 2 or more people. Unless reported otherwise, for all we know it may have simply been Oshie and VV hanging out.

Also, do we know alcohol was involved or is everyone just assuming that as well? Not that I would berate them for drinking after that game anyway. I wonder how many fans went out and got completely tanked after that loss in reaction to their disappointment? I won't fault any player for doing the same.

The report said 12 people were sent home and that three people were cited.

Also, do we know alcohol was involved or is everyone just assuming that as well? Not that I would berate them for drinking after that game anyway. I wonder how many fans went out and completely tanked after that loss in reaction to their disappointment? I won't fault any player for doing the same.

You are correct about a loud party only needing to involve two parties. The city ordinance also requires the noise to be audible over 50 feet. Bottom line: it doesn't take much to violate this ordinance, in fact many or all of us violate this ordinance every day. The comment earlier about a loud party being worse then a DUI is simply not true. Both crimes are B misdemeanors, but after two violates of the DUI Statute it becomes an A misdemeanor and after 5 it becomes a felony if within a 7 year period. Lets wait and find the facts out before jumping to conclusions.