SiouxSports.com Forum

Thank You, Fighting Sioux

I'd like to start my first "new thread" with a BIG THANK YOU to all of the 2007-2008 Fighting Sioux for their hard work, great play, and supreme effort on a terrific season.

It's been my pleasure to watch you play, every game, and enjoy your talents.

And to the Fighting Sioux coaching and training staff...thank you all for your efforts on yet another amazing season. Keep up the hard work.

AND GO SIOUX!!!!

Thank you. All of you.

I'd like to start my first "new thread" with a BIG THANK YOU to all of the 2007-2008 Fighting Sioux for their hard work, great play, and supreme effort on a terrific season.

It's been my pleasure to watch you play, every game, and enjoy your talents.

And to the Fighting Sioux coaching and training staff...thank you all for your efforts on yet another amazing season. Keep up the hard work.

AND GO SIOUX!!!!

Thank you. All of you.

I'll second that. Thank you for contributing to the proud tradition that is Fighting Sioux Hockey!

I agree 100%. Thank you fighting sioux we all love you. Thanks for 4 fantastic years (seniors) and (underclassmen) I hope to see u all again in the future.

I could not imagine another great bunch of hockey players as you boys have been the past few years,

Best of luck and go sioux,

Andrew Taylor (AussieSiouxFan).

I am glad someone started a positive thread after last night's game. I think its absolutely disgusting how many 'fans' are calling for players to leave, coaches to be fired, and pointing fingers left and right. It has been discussed else where in this forum, we are lucky to be fans of a team that gets to play in April. I cannot deny that UND didn't play up to it's usual standards last night, but look at the fact that it's usual standards are quite high. We are lucky to have a program like UND to watch and enjoy. We get to see great players, both talent-wise and those dedicated to the fans and the program. I would like to thank the team, coaching staff, and all those fans that stayed loyal, through the good and bad. Even if the Sioux have a losing season from time to time, I will remain a fan.

Even with 3 minutes left in the game I didn't want it to end because I couldn't accept it was the end of the season.

I couldn't agree more. I think the hardest part to accept was that it was all over so quickly. Speaking as a fan and a fan ONLY, I felt like the 2nd and 3rd period were simply a countdown to the inevitable.

See ya Lammy, your style wont make it at the next level

What a dumb thing to say. Lammy won many, many games for us throughout the season. He's a great kid who has went above and beyond the call of duty on and off the ice. Grow up . . .

Thanks for a fun ride boys. Best of luck for the seniors and those moving on. For those coming back next year, let's lace 'em up and go Sioux!

As someone who became a North Dakota fan just weeks before Coach Hakstol coached his first game, I want to thank all the fans, players, and coaches for providing a new GREAT sports team for me to follow. Despite having an off day yesterday, maybe from someone who lives so far away and is not an alumnus, I view things a little differently. Although I have been a Rutgers fan since I was a kid, our football team took 137 years to finally win a bowl game and our men's basketball team has not been to a Final Four since 1976 and hasn't even made the NCAA's in 17 years. Do you guys want to trade FOUR STRAIGHT NATIONAL SEMIS/CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES for those kind of seasons?

Thank you for Fighting Sioux Hockey!!!

As someone who became a North Dakota fan just weeks before Coach Hakstol coached his first game, I want to thank all the fans, players, and coaches for providing a new GREAT sports team for me to follow. Despite having an off day yesterday, maybe from someone who lives so far away and is not an alumnus, I view things a little differently. Although I have been a Rutgers fan since I was a kid, our football team took 137 years to finally win a bowl game and our men's basketball team has not been to a Final Four since 1976 and hasn't even made the NCAA's in 17 years. Do you guys want to trade FOUR STRAIGHT NATIONAL SEMIS/CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES for those kind of seasons?

Thank you for Fighting Sioux Hockey!!!

AMEN JFR. Great thread. Thanks Sioux players and staff, especially the seniors. Another great year.

Thanks Coaches, Players, stat people, trainers, equipment room people,strength coaches and all the others behind the scenes for your dedication during the season and during the off season. These people give a lot of their time each year and I'm thankful for the great entertainment they provided. It was an awesome ride and for myself that works with a lot of SCSU, U of M and UMD fans it was fun to still be wearing my jersey on Fridays to work when the others had put their jerseys away for the season many weeks ago. Looking forward to next October already! Go Sioux!

Thanks for another awesome season, guys. Thanks Dave for the list of memories, and thanks to everyone involved with Sioux hockey for making them happen.

I know a lot of people were really down about the loss (me included), and some bristle at the negativity that always accompanies a disappointing loss (me included), but having finished skimming the literally over a thousand posts from the weekend, I was pleased to come away feeling the majority sentiment was one of appreciation. We always seem to blow the negativity out of proportion, thereby magnifying it and giving it more attention than the positivity.

Here's to another great season.

Even though they lost in the Frozen Four they still had a great season. Lots of excitement and if it means anything they can say they got somewhere that 55 other teams did not go. Next year will be the year and if BC stands in the way.....knock them down!!!!! GO SIOUX!!!!! :)

Another year, another Fighting Sioux team, another chapter added to the great history of Fighting Sioux hockey. I just wanna thank the young men for everything they have done and will do in the future. To those who won't be back next season I thank you for everything you've done for the program and wish you nothing but the best in whatever it is you do. To those sticking around and coming in lets make an even better chapter in Fighting Sioux hockey, lets come out and show the hockey world what FIGHTING SIOUX HOCKEY is all about.

Sioux YEAH YEAH :)

Thank you for another exciting year! Each and every year the boys always give us something to cheer about and at times something to complain about. But after its all said and done, I don't think any Sioux fan would want it any other way.

Live and die with Sioux.

All the best to those who will leave and to those who stay. Looking forward to another year of Sioux hockey and it can"t come soon enough!

Another year, another Fighting Sioux team, another chapter added to the great history of Fighting Sioux hockey. I just wanna thank the young men for everything they have done and will do in the future. To those who won't be back next season I thank you for everything you've done for the program and wish you nothing but the best in whatever it is you do. To those sticking around and coming in lets make an even better chapter in Fighting Sioux hockey, lets come out and show the hockey world what FIGHTING SIOUX HOCKEY is all about.

Sioux YEAH YEAH :)

Yeah SIOUX SIOUX! :)

Was a very memorable season, sad to see it end the way it did, I was so hoping they would play their best because if they lost they would have no regrets, I don't think people understand that the players feel just as horrible as we do, if not worse. It wasn't thier night, which was saddening to see. Thanks again for the great season players, coaches and fans. Already looking forward to another great season of fighting sioux hockey next year.

I have to say though the most memorable part of the frozen four for me was last night at the championship game the UND students were starting all the cheers for Notre Dame, my favorite was with about 3 minutes left, all I could hear was "S! E! X! SEX! SCORE! SCORE! SCORE!" good times.

this topic needs to be on the top to bury all the negative ones. this was a great group of young men, and were fantastic to watch all season long. thanks to the four outstanding seniors... kaip, radke, jpl and bina... you guys are what sioux hockey is all about. i will admit that friday and especially saturday in denver were not what we were expecting, but still had fun. to the guys who will be fighting sioux next year, go get em!! #8 in 2009!! go fighting sioux!!

most memorable moment was after anderson makes the no goal call in the championship game, the sioux fans start the "we want shepard" chant, and a nortre dame fan is just clapping along and smiling, then turns to her husband and asks what shepard is :lol: little did we know, that shep was the one in the booth that made the call :lol: go whca officiating :silly:

Was a very memorable season, sad to see it end the way it did, I was so hoping they would play their best because if they lost they would have no regrets, I don't think people understand that the players feel just as horrible as we do, if not worse. It wasn't thier night, which was saddening to see. Thanks again for the great season players, coaches and fans. Already looking forward to another great season of fighting sioux hockey next year.

I have to say though the most memorable part of the frozen four for me was last night at the championship game the UND students were starting all the cheers for Notre Dame, my favorite was with about 3 minutes left, all I could hear was "S! E! X! SEX! SCORE! SCORE! SCORE!" good times.

That's what it was!!!! We were in 140 wondering what they were saying over there. We could see the chant going on. We were in the front row and the guy behind us was for BC. He didn't like us standing or cheering for ND but I told him he had his fun Thursday. He also said Gerbe is staying for senior year so I told him I'm writing a letter to Buffalo asking them to sign him NOW.

A big thank you to the coaches and players and all involved in the Sioux hockey program. Sure, we're disappointed that we didn't win the National Championship, but a lot of people have remarked that there are a lot of teams that would have loved to have been in the Frozen Four this year (that's not even mentioning that the Sioux have been there FOUR years in a row!).

Best of luck to the players that depart the team. To those players returning to the program, good luck and work hard in the off-season getting ready for next season.