SiouxSports.com Forum

Thank You, Fighting Sioux

Congrats Sioux on another great season. As a graduating senior myself, it has been more than a pleasure to watch this team compete nationally year in and year out. From the time when I was a freshman and didn't completely understand what being part of the Fighting Sioux family truly meant to now, so many games/tournaments/seasons later when I can honestly say that I don't want to graduate because I don't want to miss this. On and off the ice, this team has shown that they are truly a family. The last game of the season may not have turned out as we all hoped, but remember back in December when we hadn't even swept a team yet... who could have imagined how far we would have come? I have a comical memory for every player from over the past four years and I wouldn't trade those memories for the world! (maybe sometime I'll type them up and post them). So thanks guys, for once again having a great season, giving it your all, and never truly giving up, even when down by six goals.

To all the fans... wow! Denver was amazing. I have always known that Sioux fans travel well, but Denver was the icing on the cake. From Brooklyn's before the game (when you couldn't even move because it was THAT crowded) to the championship game on Saturday when us students started leading Notre Dame cheers, we are truly a program that should be envied. We have an amazing rink, an awesome team, and loyal, devoted fans that are willing to travel anywhere to watch the Sioux play.

So while I am graduating in less than a month, don't expect this to be my last Sioux hockey game. As a Sioux fan, and part of the family, I now have the pleasure of not only being able to follow the Sioux team during the college season, but also being able to watch our alumni in the NHL regularly competing for the Stanley Cup.... this program is what college hockey is all about.

Just how crowded was Brooklyn's you ask....

Check it out for yourself...

I would also like to give a Big Thank You to this team. They gave this Sioux fan a lot to cheer for this year. As always I am sad to see a season come to an end. But I am also sad to see great young men end their careers with the Sioux. I especially think of Robbie Bina, all that he gave to this program and comes back and gives 110% every game. Thanks you Robbie we were truly blessed to witness for great skill. I wish you nothing but the best in the future. To the rest of the team Thanks again.

I would also like to give a Big Thank You to this team. They gave this Sioux fan a lot to cheer for this year. As always I am sad to see a season come to an end. But I am also sad to see great young men end their careers with the Sioux. I especially think of Robbie Bina, all that he gave to this program and comes back and gives 110% every game. Thanks you Robbie we were truly blessed to witness for great skill. I wish you nothing but the best in the future. To the rest of the team Thanks again.

Not all is lost and at least we aren't cheering for team like UAA a perineal door mat, next years pick for 10th in the WCHA again.

I wish the very best to the seniors, Rylan, Jean-Philippe, Robbie and Kyle. You gave us everything you had for the last 4 years (+ for Robbie). Thank you.

To the guys that may not return, good luck in the NHL. You will do great and I look forward to watching you, along with the other UND alum we have out there playing.

To the returning players, I can't wait to see you all in uniform again for another hockey season.

Coaches and staff. My hat is off to you. You have done a great job with these young men. You should all be very proud.

Thanks to all of the coaching staffs families, you sacrifice a ton of family time for them to do their job. It doesn't go unappreciated.

Thanks, too, to the players parents and families. You all have raised exceptional young men and have also sacrificed many things in your life so they could fulfill their dream of playing for one of the best hockey programs in the country.

Thanks for the memories. See you next season.

Well, it has been almost 4 days since we lost, and all I have to say is THANKS BOYS for yet another great season. My family still can not believe what a huge hockey fan that I am even after 4 years at UND.

First, Thanks to the seniors.

JPL - You may annoy me to no end some games and make some of my friends mad, but you are one of my favorite goalies and I will never forget all the things that you did for us. I hope your brother passed along the message of thanks for a great season to you. Both on and off the ice, you have showed great character, so screw the Hobey committee. You are the Hobey winner in my book.

Kyle - Ah, what can I say! You may make me mad, but I still love watching you play. You remind me a lot of Mike Prpich and I will never forget your "what did I do" smile as you skated towards the penalty box time after time. I don't think that Vossberg will forget you too soon either. You are a fighter through and through and a great player.

Kaiper - Ah, again one player I will not soon forget. I watched you from being a freshman at the same time as me and getting pcs to being a senior and leading this team with silent and steady leadership. You knew just what to do to provide the team with a spark and are forever my Kaptain Kaiper.

Bina - I will always have a soft spot for you. I watched you never give up after 2005 and you gave hockey fans great hope. You said that you got chills when you heard the standing ovation in October 2007 when you stepped out onto the ice, well I got chills that night because I never thought that I would see it again. From scoring from 170+ feet to making a simple hit, you made us proud. You are Superman to me and I will not forget the hope and faith that you had.

Ah, anyone else who leaves will get a thank you then.

A thanks from me also, I'll be graduating in the fall so i will be around for one more season... I'll just have to stick around til spring... It's been a great time in college watching these players grow and become what they are now... despite the painful loss, I never turned the channel... I stuck it out and still hold me ground... Once a sioux fans, always a sioux fan.. can't wait for next year!

To all the fans... wow! Denver was amazing. I have always known that Sioux fans travel well, but Denver was the icing on the cake. From Brooklyn's before the game (when you couldn't even move because it was THAT crowded) to the championship game on Saturday when us students started leading Notre Dame cheers, we are truly a program that should be envied. We have an amazing rink, an awesome team, and loyal, devoted fans that are willing to travel anywhere to watch the Sioux play.

Just how crowded was Brooklyn's you ask....

Check it out for yourself...

What an excellent season! It was a pleasure watching the boys play in the Frozen Four again.

On Friday night a friend and I walked along the 16th Street Mall. We stopped in a local sports store so my friend could buy a Notre Dame shirt to wear to Saturday's game. We started talking with the owner about the Frozen Four and the Sioux's loss. He was amazed by how many Sioux fans were in town and said that we traveled really well. He had a great amount of respect for the Sioux and their fans.

The turnout was amazing! I'm sure the team appreciated the support a lot more than we will ever know. Keep up the good work Sioux fans! :D

A few photos from outside Brooklyn's Bar

brooklyns1ku3.jpg

brooklyns2wf3.jpg

brooklyns3lq5.jpg

For the small minority that seem to think that it's time for a coaching change or some other adjustment, perhaps they should be reminded that there are many teams that saw no post season, no NCAA regionals, no Frozen Four, no moment to show their talent in a national spotlight, and although a hand full of our players may go pro, many will not, and a chance to play in Denver may all they were hoping for.