SiouxSports.com Forum

Reloading Thread

siouxnami

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you're right but I don't go into a season expecting really anything from freshman and to have to rely on martens and miller to be scorers, Lord help us.

If reading the stats, press clippings, and anything relating to the ratings on the incoming recruits it would appear that Miller and Martins might be sitting in the stands watching next season.

Will David Toews get drafted in round 1? If not, this will be the first Sioux team in a long while not to feature some big-time NHL prospects

The last time the Sioux didn't feature a current or future #1 draft pick in the lineup was the 2001-2002 season

2008: Finley and Oshie

2007: Finley and Oshie and Toews and Lee

2006: Finley and Oshie and Toews and Stafford and Zajac and Lee (should've done it...that's an NHL lineup)

2005: Stafford and Zajac

2004: Parise and Stafford

2003: Parise

Will David Toews get drafted in round 1? If not, this will be the first Sioux team in a long while not to feature some big-time NHL prospects

The last time the Sioux didn't feature a current or future #1 draft pick in the lineup was the 2001-2002 season

2008: Finley and Oshie

2007: Finley and Oshie and Toews and Lee

2006: Finley and Oshie and Toews and Stafford and Zajac and Lee (should've done it...that's an NHL lineup)

2005: Stafford and Zajac

2004: Parise and Stafford

2003: Parise

toews was not a 1st rounder in 2006 :silly: DT will probably be a 1st rounder this summer. id be surprised if not.

How strong do you guys think our goaltending is going to be next year?

If I am not mistaken aren't we getting a blue chipper in net in Brad E?

I would think they coaching staff is thinking about bringing in another goalie

Since I remember it coming up during a coaches show a while back.

If I am not mistaken aren't we getting a blue chipper in net in Brad E?

I would think they coaching staff is thinking about bringing in another goalie

Since I remember it coming up during a coaches show a while back.

Maybe he'll play like Muse?

Maybe he'll need time to acclimate. I see our offense not being as strong next year. Eidsness will also see a lot more shots than JPL saw.

It could be another good year.... it also could be a disaster. It hasn't been this uncertain cince the 2001-2002 preseason.

Maybe he'll play like Muse?

Maybe he'll need time to acclimate. I see our offense not being as strong next year. Eidsness will also see a lot more shots than JPL saw.

It could be another good year.... it also could be a disaster. It hasn't been this uncertain cince the 2001-2002 preseason.

I look for our season to be a lot like the gophers was this year-hover around .500, no scoring and freshman goalie who plays out of his mind hopefully.

I am thinking the same thing.

I think if we want to score next year we'll have to ditch the dump and chase. We won't have the same size/strength/physicality that we've had in the past due to being so young.

All our upperclassmen are going to have to kick it up two notches at least. Watty, Darcy, Martens, Kozek etc...

Frattin needs to break out as well. The nice thing is that he has the ability to.

Yeah, I'm with you and Goon on this one. I think the 08-09 Fighting Sioux will burn out the goal lights.

i agree as well. i think people are way too down after the loss, and losing a couple of players. there are some very good players coming back, and you combine that with a class that will rival the 06 class, you have a stellar combination.

I think if we want to score next year we'll have to ditch the dump and chase. We won't have the same size/strength/physicality that we've had in the past due to being so young.

All our upperclassmen are going to have to kick it up two notches at least. Watty, Darcy, Martens, Kozek etc...

Frattin needs to break out as well. The nice thing is that he has the ability to.

I could see all of those guys stepping up thier scoring except Martens.

I am guessing that Martens will improve on his 1-9-10 line from this year in 08/09.

Fully agree. Funny how so many people are so down on Martens. He is not flashy but more than a solid 2 way player. If I'm not mistaken didn't he jump to the top line a couple times when Duncan was tossed at UM and Oshie got hurt mid-game this year? If people want to "rag" on some players, I can think of some that under produced this year more so than Martens based on pure talent!! He is a 4 year guy that will be better next year.

Some people who watch practice were telling me that Martens is one of the few guys who has some really fantastic hands. Brad's article after the Trupp diving goal sort of alluded to that. He can do great things with the puck if he gets time, and learns to create space for himself. I think he'll pot a couple for sure next year.

Some people who watch practice were telling me that Martens is one of the few guys who has some really fantastic hands. Brad's article after the Trupp diving goal sort of alluded to that. He can do great things with the puck if he gets time, and learns to create space for himself. I think he'll pot a couple for sure next year.

So you really think that he knew that trupp was going to dive so he passed the puck to him in mid air because thats how good his hands are? It was a nice play by trupp but martens was just tossing it in front it had nothing to do with how good his hands are.

So you really think that he knew that trupp was going to dive so he passed the puck to him in mid air because thats how good his hands are? It was a nice play by trupp but martens was just tossing it in front it had nothing to do with how good his hands are.

Right, so that only strengthens the theory that Martens has some talent in there. Not only does he have the hands, but he's got decent hockey sense. Plus, I absolutely think he knew that's where Trupp was going. It worked out that Trupp was able to smack in a mid-air pass, but it's a pass that got to him none the less.

Ryan doesn't have the greatest wheels, but there is little doubt Hak will ask him to step up next year. I could realistically see 5-10 from him...which is not a lot to ask from an upper classman.

my biggest gripe with Hak over the 4 years he's been coach is that on numerous occasions his teams haven't come ready to play, maybe it's players attitudes maybe it's something else. I hate comparisons but how many time sunder Blais did a team not come ready to play, especially in the biggets games of the year, not very many. Under Blais if a player didn't play well and was lazy he sat them no matter who it was-this is what I would like to see from Hak is more if you don't come ready to play you sit. It almost seems that the "star" players have a spot in the lineup unless they are injured no matter their play. again talent alone won't win a title but hard work will.