SiouxSports.com Forum

Reloading Thread

siouxnami

So what do we need to get over the top? Gerbe going pro would help... :D

I think one of the big issues is that we have not really brought in top notch offensive talent the last 2 seasons. This will change. Cichy, Toews, and Gregoire should be big time. Add in a healthy Forney (as a red shirt soph???) and we could bring 4 new scores in. TJ and Taylor are likely gone. We shhould know on Joe very shortly since the Caps are still playing. I just don't see Duncan leaving.

Goaltending killed us in the end the last 3 seasons, hopefully Eideness ends that.

Defense will be OK, but spotty if Joe leaves (it was not a mistake that he lead the team in +/-). Blood is likely in and my guess is that MacWilliam comes as well.

Coaching will be superb. The Sioux have the potential to be like CC this year if our goalie is ready. I expect scoring to be up defense to be down.

In order to get to DC, I think we need 3 things.

1) Increase scoring 0.5 goals per game

2) Great goaltending by Eideness

3) Freshman leading the team in March (like March 2006)

My guess for the roster next year is:

Forwards:

8 Ryan Martens F Senior

10 Andrew Kozek F Senior

14 Brad Miller F Senior

16 Ryan Duncan F Senior

20 Matt Watkins F Senior

11 Darcy Zajac F Junior

29 Chris VandeVelde F Junior

18 Michael Forney F Sophomore/Junior

15 Brent Davidson F Sophomore

19 Evan Trupp F Sophomore

21 Matt Frattin F Sophomore

22 Brad Malone F Sophomore

Mike Cichy F Freshman

Jason Gregoire F Freshman

Brett Hextall F Freshman

Mario Lamoureux F Freshman

David Toews F Freshman

Defense:

2 Joe Finley D Senior

6 Zach Jones D Senior

5 Chay Genoway D Junior

3 Derrick LaPoint D Sophomore

25 Jake Marto D Sophomore

Ben Blood D Freshman

Andrew MacWilliam D Freshman

Goalies (3)

# Name Position Class

30 Aaron Walski G Senior

Landon Snider G Sophomore

Brad Eidsness G Freshman

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goalies (3)

# Name Position Class

30 Aaron Walski G Senior

Brad Eidsness G Freshman

Do you think that we will see a rotation to start between Walski and Eidsness, not unlike CC at the start of this year? I think that would be a good way to get Walski some time while not putting the burden totally on Brad. Then as the season goes on, we adjust as is needed. We haven't had a true rotation (like others have had) for a while.

So what do we need to get over the top? Gerbe going pro would help... :D

I think one of the big issues is that we have not really brought in top notch offensive talent the last 2 seasons. This will change. Cichy, Toews, and Gregoire should be big time. Add in a healthy Forney (as a red shirt soph???) and we could bring 4 new scores in. TJ and Taylor are likely gone. We shhould know on Joe very shortly since the Caps are still playing. I just don't see Duncan leaving.

Goaltending killed us in the end the last 3 seasons, hopefully Eideness ends that.

Defense will be OK, but spotty if Joe leaves (it was not a mistake that he lead the team in +/-). Blood is likely in and my guess is that MacWilliam comes as well.

Coaching will be superb. The Sioux have the potential to be like CC this year if our goalie is ready. I expect scoring to be up defense to be down.

In order to get to DC, I think we need 3 things.

1) Increase scoring 0.5 goals per game

2) Great goaltending by Eideness

3) Freshman leading the team in March (like March 2006)

My guess for the roster next year is:

Forwards:

8 Ryan Martens F Senior

10 Andrew Kozek F Senior

14 Brad Miller F Senior

16 Ryan Duncan F Senior

20 Matt Watkins F Senior

11 Darcy Zajac F Junior

29 Chris VandeVelde F Junior

18 Michael Forney F Sophomore/Junior

15 Brent Davidson F Sophomore

19 Evan Trupp F Sophomore

21 Matt Frattin F Sophomore

22 Brad Malone F Sophomore

Mike Cichy F Freshman

Jason Gregoire F Freshman

Brett Hextall F Freshman

Mario Lamoureux F Freshman

David Toews F Freshman

Defense:

2 Joe Finley D Senior

6 Zach Jones D Senior

5 Chay Genoway D Junior

3 Derrick LaPoint D Sophomore

25 Jake Marto D Sophomore

Ben Blood D Freshman

Andrew MacWilliam D Freshman

Goalies (3)

# Name Position Class

30 Aaron Walski G Senior

Brad Eidsness G Freshman

Think you are being overly optimistic with only Two players leaving early. IMO Finley is gone. Everything about him screams I am going pro.

He accelereates his schooling to get to the next level

Big D-men take time to mature

Most NHL teams like to mold their D-men in the minors for a decent amount of games/seasons

Duncan, I think its about a 50/50 and we will know fairly soon. I hope you are right about all this. ???

BD

"Goaltending killed us in the end the last 3 seasons, hopefully Eideness ends that."

Yeah....ok....

So...Jpar and J-P couldn't get 'er done for you.

Except that hmmm....wait a sec...

J-P just became the FIRST Sioux goalie to make the Hobie Top Ten list. Oh...and wait....he had the BEST NUMBERS IN NET of ANY GOALIE in the NCAA going into the FF.

Hmmm....

Oh, but wait. J-Par was a sieve. No...wait....a funnel. No...wait...hmmm...scratch that. He was a pretty decent netminder.

Dang. So much for that theory.

But hey. Hopefully Eidsness ends that.

Or maybe Walski will continue his shutout streak?

I'm just sayin....goaltending hasn't really been a short suit in past years.

"Goaltending killed us in the end the last 3 seasons, hopefully Eideness ends that."

Yeah....ok....

J-P just became the FIRST Sioux goalie to make the Hobie Top Ten list. Oh...and wait....he had the BEST NUMBERS IN NET of ANY GOALIE in the NCAA going into the FF.

Hmmm....

Oh, but wait. J-Par was a sieve. No...wait....a funnel. No...wait...hmmm...scratch that. He was a pretty decent netminder.

I believe he said that goaltending killed us in the END of each season. No matter how good JPL and JPar were in the reg season and the regionals, and they were great, they didn't show up in the FF.

I believe he said that goaltending killed us in the END of each season. No matter how good JPL and JPar were in the reg season and the regionals, and they were great, they didn't show up in the FF.

I am so looking forward to seeing the Jr. Toews. What can anyone tell me about him. Is he a one and done kind of guy?? Is he gonna leave us early like Zack, (before the tourney is over)or is he gonna be a guy who will give us a few years.

Who else has some promising prospects. Any sizable defensemen?

I am so looking forward to seeing the Jr. Toews. What can anyone tell me about him. Is he a one and done kind of guy?? Is he gonna leave us early like Zack, (before the tourney is over)or is he gonna be a guy who will give us a few years.

Who else has some promising prospects. Any sizable defensemen?

What am I missing?

I think Finley will go pro. However, if Washington was smart, because of the time it takes for big D to develop (Washington is finding that out now with Sasha Pawkoluk formerly of Cornell I think), they might as well get one more of those years for free.

I'm curious who is going to step up to be the leader for the team. Duncan as Captain with Assistants going to VV and perhaps Jones?

What is the personality of our team next season going to be like?

How fast will our freshmen acclimate to the WCHA?

Also, isn't Bruneteau coming in next year too?

I think Finley will go pro. However, if Washington was smart, because of the time it takes for big D to develop (Washington is finding that out now with Sasha Pawkoluk formerly of Cornell I think), they might as well get one more of those years for free.

I'm curious who is going to step up to be the leader for the team. Duncan as Captain with Assistants going to VV and Genoway.

Fixed your post

Thank you, clearly you are much better at English...

Since we were talking about next year, I want to go on record as saying Martens will have at least a 30 point season next year.

Mark my words, I will rekindle this thread a year from now (wrong or right)!

Um yeah OK....I strongly disagree with that. He is one of our guys who has no foot speed.

Yeah....ok....

Hmmm....

Here is a reality check, Lammy's save percentage in the semi game was 777%. not taking away anything from his season but he has proven in the last two years he can not win the big games.

What does Hak do put in Walski, who has only started one game in three years, if the coaching staff had confidence in Walski he would be in there on the start of the second period and send a message to the players that we are here to do everything possble to win this game. But the coaching staff lived by Lammy all year and died with Lammy. :D

Fixed your post

A reasonable alternative, to be sure.... but what about Jones? Steady, solid, doesn't make many mistakes, not flashy, doesn't take penalties (ok...that's not really Sioux captain-esque :D). VV might sign. Duncan might go too. If so, we could see both Genoway and Jones wearing a letter.

Heck, maybe Martens will wear a letter. I don't know how much more that guy could do for his team off the ice and in practice. He did have a great year this year too all things considered.

I think Duncan will be here next year. Who are the 'for sures' of freshmen coming next year? Do you think there will be any surprise departures that none of us know about. Not necessarily to the NHL, but possibly to a different league (Europe). Im just curious of how are team will be next year. Anyways. GO NOTRE DAME!

I'm curious who is going to step up to be the leader for the team. Duncan as Captain with Assistants going to VV and perhaps Jones?

I suspect not just because he hasn't played much.

i bet a one of the three captains next year will include watkins.

kozek is as good as gone. talked to his dad at the final 5. said andrew doesnt no that this is the time of his life and andrew thinks he will be making ton of moeny and life will be great.