SiouxSports.com Forum

It's time for a coaching change

egfhosejockey

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Settle down. The coaches can onmly help put the players in position. They don't win or lose the games. BTW if Hack and Company did not recruit and coach these guys you wouldn't get to watch them go to the Frozen Four. This thread should be shut down.

BD

And they can learn who is going to match up well with Gerbe also. Looks to me as Finley was burned in the same game 2 years in a row by the same player. Ok thats a good coach!!

For you guys that want to shut down this thread, what ever happened to being able to view there feeling or thoughts. Well this will be that last time I post on this site. So if you need to shut it down good right ahead.

GOOD BYE

And Good Riddance to you too!!!

And they can learn who is going to match up well with Gerbe also. Looks to me as Finley was burned in the same game 2 years in a row by the same player. Ok thats a good coach!!

What is a coach going to do to help Finley gain more speed. Finley did not get burned on either of Gerbes first two goals and he was not on the ice for the thrid one that was put in the roof of the net. First was Genoway missing the puck and stumbling to create a 2 on 1 and the second was Genoway (fairly certain) that over committed and allowed Gerbe to get the puck in the open. From their it is a race and Gerbe wins every time. So by my count the only thing you can blame on Hack & Co for is recruiting a big physical d-men. Which by the way is one of the main things most Sioux fans always want. They hated Lee because he was finesse and they hate Finley because he lumbers.

What F____ can they do. Not every play that comes to the Sioux is Jonny Toews. Most have flaws. The coaches help to correct the flaws and put players in good situations. But that becomes harder as the year goes on and you face better competition.

I understand frustration over a loss like this. I know the f---ingheimer was flying around the house quite a bit earlier. But I think calling for the coaches head is way over the top. This group is top notch. Others may not share that viewpoint but IMO those people are just plain spoiled from all the success that Hak & Co have had recently. They forget that Gino and Blais had down years. In fact Gino had a down decade.

BD

K, just a few thing going throught my head, 1st of all congrats to the Eagles for the woopin we endured.

2nd, will someone please send the blacksmith, the wheels seam to have fallen off the bandwagon.

3rd, Now we will really see what kind of a coach Hak is. I have a feeling we are in really good hands. Correct me if I am wrong. Are the Seniors going out, the last of the players Blais recruited. Or do we have another year left?

You can't put blame on Genoway either. If you want blame the whole team. The whole team crapped in their pants. This spanking by BC was a team effort.

You won't get any finger pointing from this Sioux fan.

DING! You win!

On this note: CLOSE THIS THREAD.

egf, take a walk for a while.

What is a coach going to do to help Finley gain more speed. Finley did not get burned on either of Gerbes first two goals and he was not on the ice for the thrid one that was put in the roof of the net. First was Genoway missing the puck and stumbling to create a 2 on 1 and the second was Genoway (fairly certain) that over committed and allowed Gerbe to get the puck in the open. From their it is a race and Gerbe wins every time. So by my count the only thing you can blame on Hack & Co for is recruiting a big physical d-men. Which by the way is one of the main things most Sioux fans always want. They hated Lee because he was finesse and they hate Finley because he lumbers.

What F____ can they do. Not every play that comes to the Sioux is Jonny Toews. Most have flaws. The coaches help to correct the flaws and put players in good situations. But that becomes harder as the year goes on and you face better competition.

I understand frustration over a loss like this. I know the f---ingheimer was flying around the house quite a bit earlier. But I think calling for the coaches head is way over the top. This group is top notch. Others may not share that viewpoint but IMO those people are just plain spoiled from all the success that Hak & Co have had recently. They forget that Gino and Blais had down years. In fact Gino had a down decade.

BD

No it was bina that got beat the second goal

I would not be so mad if this wasn't our 4th year of being their. Some times, you have to be mad. 2 times have we lost to a team that has lost in the championship. For me that's 2 possible championships. This makes a total of 4. A good coach finds a way to win, ask any elite team who knows how to get it done.

BD

Finley is not a bad player, I like Finley. But crap, even I know not to play him on a line against Gerbe. OYu would think our coach could figure that out

egfhoser - you say that this team had so much talent...this was probably the least talented of all of the recent frozen 4 teams (since '97). Sure Oshie's a stud and Duncan is solid but after that it was pretty much a bunch of average offensive players. The defense and goalie were good but no better really than anything we've had in the past. Nobody scored in the WCHA this year so I think Lamoreux's numbers were pretty inflated although I do think he had a great year. Just because you don't win a chamipionship doesn't mean you should be fired, get real.

I agree, this team was carried all year by JPL and Oshie. I think Hak deserves credit for getting this team to the Frozen Four. That said, I am a little worried about our lack of scoring. It sure as hell isn't going to get better next year. The only thing I'm sick and tired of as a long time fan, is this staffs complacency and acceptance of non-skill players. It's a given that this team is going get off to a terrible start to the season and sleepwalk through games. You can get away with that to a point, but I think the last 4 years have proven you can't win a title that way. When BC brought the puck into the zone against us tonight, I was always worried that I was about to witness another goal, no matter who has on the ice for them. Watching UND this year, we could have a 3 on 0 and I wouldn't even get excited unless Oshie, Duncan, VV, Kozek, or Trupp was on the ice. I've seen enough of these stiffs who stumble over their own skates trying to put a puck on net. And it's not just UND. It's the rest of the WCHA as well. We can brag(rightfully so) about how we are the best hockey conference in the country, but we also play the ugliest style of hockey anywhere in the country. The refs are a part of that, but so are the coaches who are so enamored with non-skilled, all physical players. We either need to make up our mind if we're going to be a trap-style defensive team like Wisconsin, or we need to higher our expectations for our forwards.

I agree, this team was carried all year by JPL and Oshie. I think Hak deserves credit for getting this team to the Frozen Four. That said, I am a little worried about our lack of scoring. It sure as hell isn't going to get better next year. The only thing I'm sick and tired of as a long time fan, is this staffs complacency and acceptance of non-skill players. It's a given that this team is going get off to a terrible start to the season and sleepwalk through games. You can get away with that to a point, but I think the last 4 years have proven you can't win a title that way. When BC brought the puck into the zone against us tonight, I was always worried that I was about to witness another goal, no matter who has on the ice for them. Watching UND this year, we could have a 3 on 0 and I wouldn't even get excited unless Oshie, Duncan, VV, Kozek, or Trupp was on the ice. I've seen enough of these stiffs who stumble over their own skates trying to put a puck on net. And it's not just UND. It's the rest of the WCHA as well. We can brag(rightfully so) about how we are the best hockey conference in the country, but we also play the ugliest style of hockey anywhere in the country. The refs are a part of that, but so are the coaches who are so enamored with non-skilled, all physical players. We either need to make up our mind if we're going to be a trap-style defensive team like Wisconsin, or we need to higher our expectations for our forwards.

WOW!

An amazing insight. Thank you! I wasn't expecting this kind of analysis.

Instead, I was expecting 5 threads announcing rejoice on Finley signing, 10 threads on firing Hakstol (this one is a good start), and other crap.

Thank you. I appreciate this post. :D

BD

Finley wasn't burned??? What game were you watching??

I too thought about fireing Hak but only cause he left Lamy in there after the 4 goals in the first period Walski played great against Bemidji State put him in and maybe you give your team a shot Lamy had a very bad night. If your QB through 4 picks in the first qtr would you keep him in there the whole game? Same situation. So next year get the bugs out, make sure you schedule BC at the Ralph and kick the living sh-t out of them!! Then take the WCHA title, then the final five title and finally the national title. You can do it Sioux. Lets rally around the 08-09 team and keep fighting! (and ND leads Mich 1-0.)

WOW!

An amazing insight. Thank you! I wasn't expecting this kind of analysis.

Instead, I was expecting 5 threads announcing rejoice on Finley signing, 10 threads on firing Hakstol (this one is a good start), and other crap.

Thank you. I appreciate this post. ???

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile. :D

Four straight Final 4. Four straight NO TITLES. It about time to look for a change. Hak is not a coach that can lead a team to a title. FIRE THE WHOLE STAFF.

:D

No disrespect intended, but .... get stuffed.

It's a helluva lot harder to win a national title than you think. Single elimination tournaments are rolls of the dice. Sure, coaching is part of it, but so is luck.

Think about it.

Then think about how many teams never even GET CLOSE to the frozen four. THEN sit back and think that BC has been three and out in the last four years too.

These guys worked their asses off all season...some of them for four seasons in a row. and that includes the coaching staff. It's apparent to me you have no idea what goes into a college hockey season, front to back.

100+ wins in 4 years? 4 frozen fours out of 4 seasons?

So then...

Sit down. Shut up. And keep your la-z-boy coaching antics between you and your remote control.

Not that Hakstol or Eades need anyone to get their backs...but I'm there for any of 'em.

GO SIOUX!

K, just a few thing going throught my head, 1st of all congrats to the Eagles for the woopin we endured.

2nd, will someone please send the blacksmith, the wheels seam to have fallen off the bandwagon.

3rd, Now we will really see what kind of a coach Hak is. I have a feeling we are in really good hands. Correct me if I am wrong. Are the Seniors going out, the last of the players Blais recruited. Or do we have another year left?

This pretty much sums everything up? Did Hak inherit his teams? Hmmmm???

It's a helluva lot harder to win a national title than you think. Single elimination tournaments are rolls of the dice. Sure, coaching is part of it, but so is luck.

Think about it.

Then think about how many teams never even GET CLOSE to the frozen four. THEN sit back and think that BC has been three and out in the last four years too.

These guys worked their asses off all season...some of them for four seasons in a row. and that includes the coaching staff. It's apparent to me you have no idea what goes into a college hockey season, front to back.

So then...

Sit down. Shut up. And keep your la-z-boy coaching antics between you and your remote control.

Not that Hakstol or Eades need anyone to get their backs...but I'm there for any of 'em.

GO SIOUX!

IN 4 STRAIGHT FROZEN FOURS with the talent we have had? You have got to be kidding me!!!

Finley was never burned... He can't make his teammates play their positions...

Please! :D

Just join in and fry the guy. He's going to go pro anyways and it will make you feel better!

(dripping sarcasm, siouxnami. Seriously, I agree with you 100%)

How many times did the guys not control a pass. Yes that has to do some witht he other team, but there were so many passed that were right off of thier sticks. I totally agree that this is one of the least talented groups that we have had in a long time. And for that exact reason, I think we are in great hand at head coach. We had one line that was able to play a bunch in the playoffs because of the TV timeouts. Duncan and Oshie are probably wondering why they feel so much lighter. Its because they had to carry the teams offense. the whole league was down in scoring, because we don't have good players that make it past 2 years. Then there is the once in a while you have seniors who do play all four year. But they are the ones who probably will be in the minors or not in hockey after they graduate. The skill has totally gone ou the door with this new NHL collective bargaining agreement. Lets blame them, not the coaches.

Think about it.

So then...

GO SIOUX!

How about you sit sown shut up and enjoy the 0 banners risen in 4 years that we were the last 4 teams. I'm no math major but....yeah

IN 4 STRAIGHT FROZEN FOURS with the talent we have had? You have got to be kidding me!!!

With the talent we had we couldn't cut it.

The entire team played poorly. That's how it happens to be. It sucks, but it was true.

Very disappointing. VERY disappointing and I'm pissed too, but firing people isn't going to make a difference.