SiouxSports.com Forum

Oshie, Duncan, .......?

Old Time Hockey

Will Radke see ice time in Denver? I believe I read that he was benched? I apologize if I'm mistaken.

Two unnessacary penalities in our offensive end of the ice lead to two power play chances and eventual goals by Wisconsin.....

I hope he does not dress, did not play smart Hockey......?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two unnessacary penalities in our offensive end of the ice lead to two power play chances and eventual goals by Wisconsin.....

I hope he does not dress, did not play smart Hockey......?

The first penalty, Radke was a little over-aggressive but I believe he was trying to set the tone for the rest of the team, who were very stale at that point in the game. The second call against him was BS. Say what you want about Kyle, but our team is 18-4-4 this year with him in the line-up. He adds more to the team than most people can see. He is a veteran guy and this will be his fourth trip to the Frozen Four. No other player on this team played in the previous 3 FF's.

I hope he plays and I hope Trupp is healthy enough to play as well.

...Say what you want about Kyle, but our team is 18-4-4 this year with him in the line-up. He adds more to the team than most people can see. He is a veteran guy and this will be his fourth trip to the Frozen Four. No other player on this team played in the previous 3 FF's.

+ 1,000,000

Kyle's first penalty was stupid of him. However, remember that UW didn't score on either of Radke's penalties. The first goal came just after Radke stepped on the ice. The second UW goal came on an absolutely retarded decision by Miller.

Even so, we got ONE SOG during our PP's to UW's 7. It's a problem we're starting to have again. We're too pass happy. We rely upon one or two plays: Cross crease pass and setting up Duncan.

We didn't control the center of the zone during our PPs and we couldn't get the puck to the net from the point during the powerplay.

That's why I'm so vocally supportive of Kozek and Genoway. They shot the puck every clear opportunity they had just about.

The first penalty, Radke was a little over-aggressive but I believe he was trying to set the tone for the rest of the team, who were very stale at that point in the game. The second call against him was BS. Say what you want about Kyle, but our team is 18-4-4 this year with him in the line-up. He adds more to the team than most people can see. He is a veteran guy and this will be his fourth trip to the Frozen Four. No other player on this team played in the previous 3 FF's.

ditto...that second penalty was garbage....ROUGHING??? all i could say was that this is mens hockey and checking is allowed...he met the guy behind the net and hit him right as he got rid of the puck......just cuz he smoked him he got a penalty....first one was dumb but i see what he was trying to do...

i'm not even that big of a radke guy...i actually dreaded seeing him in the lineup last year just cuz he took too many stupid penalties, but he's cleaned it up quite a bit and still is a force out there..

Kyle's first penalty was stupid of him. However, remember that UW didn't score on either of Radke's penalties. The first goal came just after Radke stepped on the ice. The second UW goal came on an absolutely retarded decision by Miller.

Even so, we got ONE SOG during our PP's to UW's 7. It's a problem we're starting to have again. We're too pass happy. We rely upon one or two plays: Cross crease pass and setting up Duncan.

We didn't control the center of the zone during our PPs and we couldn't get the puck to the net from the point during the powerplay.

That's why I'm so vocally supportive of Kozek and Genoway. They shot the puck every clear opportunity they had just about.

I thought our PP looked very good on Saturday!

Obiviously Hak, Eades, and Dane did not agree with you.......someone benched him and we won.....

Does the bench get shorter, period, from here on in?

We will be the home team vs BC, correct, as we were a higher seed coming in?

Assuming for a second that we get Trupper back, I almost want to roll a different 3rd line look of:

Oshie centering Duncan and Kozek

Vande centering Kaip and Watkins

Zajac centering Trupp and Frattin

Martens, Miller and Radke dressed, but see almost no action. If no Trupper, sub Martens for Trupp.

I would guess that only the head coach can bench someone. Regardless, Kyle was in the lineup and on the bench in yet another game we won. IF I'm coach, who's dressed remains the same, unless Trupp comes back. I would shorten the bench vs BC though, and try and stack three lines

Seems to me the team plays better when he dresses.

Assuming for a second that we get Trupper back, I almost want to roll a different 3rd line look of:

Martens, Miller and Radke dressed, but see almost no action. If no Trupper, sub Martens for Trupp.

I agree ......... #14 on the fourth line that doesn't get much ice time.

Now that we have seen (again) late in yesterdays game what Kosek can do with #7 & #16

can it now finally be obvious to Hak that #14 dces NOT belong on the top line!

Trupp will play, so I agree with everything you have here with one exception. Malone could be in over Miller. Martens and Miller have both done a nice job down the stretch!

Trupp will play, so I agree with everything you have here with one exception. Malone could be in over Miller. Martens and Miller have both done a nice job down the stretch!

If Trupp plays, it will be Miller and/or Radke that sits. Martens is a very solid two way guy--he'll play for sure. Both sit if LaPoint is on D and Marto is at F. Like what Radke brings (minus the penalties). And am a big Marto fan.

Both Radke and Malone bring the physical play but they do not seem to know how to play under control. I don't want either guy playing in the Frozen Four. Last year the physical play by Porter (dumb penalty running a guy) and Finley (crushing check that was called an elbow) cost us two goals to BC. We can't afford stupid penalties. Be physical but not dumb!

They will go with 4 lines early and then shorten the bench late, something that is easy to do with all of the TV timeouts. Even though I don't like it I think Radke plays. Martens has played very well with Trupp. One problem could be Trupp's physical condition and he could be a little skitish after having a broken leg.

Lines:

Oshie, Duncan, Kozek

VandeVelde, Kaip, Watkins

Martens, Trupp, Frattin

Zajac, Miller, Radke

Both Radke and Malone bring the physical play but they do not seem to know how to play under control. I don't want either guy playing in the Frozen Four. Last year the physical play by Porter (dumb penalty running a guy) and Finley (crushing check that was called an elbow) cost us two goals to BC. We can't afford stupid penalties. Be physical but not dumb!

They will go with 4 lines early and then shorten the bench late, something that is easy to do with all of the TV timeouts. Even though I don't like it I think Radke plays. Martens has played very well with Trupp. One problem could be Trupp's physical condition and he could be a little skitish after having a broken leg.

Lines:

Oshie, Duncan, Kozek

VandeVelde, Kaip, Watkins

Martens, Trupp, Frattin

Zajac, Miller, Radke

I think Malone has played pretty well but just hasn't scored yet, I see big things from him next season.

I like what he brings to the table. I think Kyle Radke would go through constantina wire to help UND win a national title.

Do you consider 0 points for Miller in the last 4 games (Final Five & MW Regional) a nice job considering he's been on the same line as Oshie and Duncan? please..... :lol:

Do you consider 0 points for Miller in the last 4 games (Final Five & MW Regional) a nice job considering he's been on the same line as Oshie and Duncan? please..... :lol:

Back off man! I try to be as PC as possible on this site. When I have been tough on players in the past, I was blasted for it. Miller has played much better in the second half of the season. The reason I started this topic in the first place was due to the fact that I thought Miller has stunk it up with Oshie and Duncan. He was much more effective with Frattin and Martens! When Trupp is healthy, Miller is the odd man out! Don't want to throw him under the bus more than that!

Back off man! I try to be as PC as possible on this site. When I have been tough on players in the past, I was blasted for it. Miller has played much better in the second half of the season. The reason I started this topic in the first place was due to the fact that I thought Miller has stunk it up with Oshie and Duncan. He was much more effective with Frattin and Martens! When Trupp is healthy, Miller is the odd man out! Don't want to throw him under the bus more than that!

Both Radke and Malone made some not so wise decisions in Madison. I can easily see them getting limited or no ice time in Denver. You can make points for either of them as for playing or not playing. The one thing that was obvious is that the line chemistry improved dramatically after they were both benched and Hakstol dropped down to three lines. UND immediately began to control the flow.

As for defense against BC I would take Marto over LaPoint. Marto has much more speed. Although LaPoint is more physical, BC has many smaller fast skaters and I feel Marto would be a better option against them and he wouldn't be battling with many large forwards.

Just my two cents, but I am no expert.

Both Radke and Malone made some not so wise decisions in Madison. I can easily see them getting limited or no ice time in Denver. You can make points for either of them as for playing or not playing. The one thing that was obvious is that the line chemistry improved dramatically after they were both benched and Hakstol dropped down to three lines. UND immediately began to control the flow.

I agree, they each made one mistake, but there is one thing you overlooked regarding Malone. IIRC, Duncan's tying goal vs. UW I believe a penalty had just expired (or perhaps it was vs. Princeton) in any case, Malone drew a penalty and we ended up benefitting from it. You are right in that Malone was nonexistant throughout most of the tourney. Not sure I'd bench him except if it comes down to choosing between Radke or Malone. Despite Radke's mistake, I'd still dress Radke.

As for defense against BC I would take Marto over LaPoint. Marto has much more speed. Although LaPoint is more physical, BC has many smaller fast skaters and I feel Marto would be a better option against them and he wouldn't be battling with many large forwards.

Just my two cents, but I am no expert.

I think speed is going to be a problem for both Marto and LaPoint. They have small, fast skaters. The more I think about it, I would put Marto in vs. BC and, if we win, put LaPoint in vs. Michigan/Notre Dame.

The only thing we're really giving up with LaPoint sitting, imo, is offense. I believe LaPoint has been better in the offensive zone than Marto this season.

I think the biggest non-factors this tourney thus far have been Miller and Malone.

You are correct and I hear ya. But when you set it up like that, somebody has to spike it.

Miller has 5 goals on the season. 2 ENGs and one he scored while sitting on the bench. He may have had a better 2nd half but his bar was laying on the ground. That being said, I've been waiting all year for him to feed me crow. Hopefully next week I'll be fed.

You are correct and I hear ya. But when you set it up like that, somebody has to spike it.

Miller has 5 goals on the season. 2 ENGs and one he scored while sitting on the bench. He may have had a better 2nd half but his bar was laying on the ground. That being said, I've been waiting all year for him to feed me crow. Hopefully next week I'll be fed.

Hopefully you won't and he won't play with Osh and Dunc.