SiouxSports.com Forum

Oshie, Duncan, .......?

Old Time Hockey

hak will do what he thinks is best for the team and in hak we trust :D but

it doesnt seem like miller is creating anything with osh and duncs. the sioux seem to be clicking oshies goals and VV on the PP when those 2 are together with duncs and then millers on the 2nd PP unit with Kozek. when kozek was on the top line i think that line created way more opportunities. miller is playing fine but i wish kozek was on that top line. he creates space with how he plays for the other 2. oh well, in hak we trust :D

and

what the hell do i know ;) not much

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would agree, but they have been held scoreless the last 5 games! Kaip is a great leader, we need him to step-up his play down the stretch like Porter did last year.

I'll call it here. Kaip at 19:52 in the 3rd on Sunday. Wrap around goal on Mann-sievo sends UND to FF!!

I'll call it here. Kaip at 19:52 in the 3rd on Sunday. Wrap around goal on Mann-sievo sends UND to FF!!

That sounds good to me. However, I would rather see him score that goal with 8 seconds left in the second to go ahead by three with a final score 5-1. I don't think I can handle a nail biter against DU. They are way to lucky and have our number in the playoffs (aside from the WCHA first round)!

Not gonna happen, unless it happens midway through a game. Hak said on the Dan Hammer show that Miller is the best fit for the Osh/Dunc line. He said that last weekend he moved Kozek into the line when Miller was not showing a lot of speed. Miller has not contributed much on this line.

When was the last time we heard Oshie from Miller or Duncan from Miller?

I'd settle for Miller from Oshie, Miller from Duncan, etc....

I'm telling ya Genoway has the skills to feed & be fed by Osh & Dunc :D as a forward !!!

i agree and he has shown he can play forward last season but hes so important on that blueline with his shot and how he rushes the puck up on the PP he has to be out there on D. Like BIG said replacing at D is the downside from what he brings to the table

Vande is the best as evident on the power play, but it is hard to put all you stars on one line.

I agree that during the regular season it is best to spread out the stars but during a playoff run there is something to putting out one really strong line. It would be neat to see us start the game with Oshie, Duncan, Kozek on 1st line and then come out in the second and third period with Oshie, Duncan, VV. I think giving 2 pretty different feels with the first line in a playoff game would be hard for non-WCHA teams to adjust defensively. Against the WCHA, this strategy would lose a little effectiveness due to familiarity.

I agree that during the regular season it is best to spread out the stars but during a playoff run there is something to putting out one really strong line. It would be neat to see us start the game with Oshie, Duncan, Kozek on 1st line and then come out in the second and third period with Oshie, Duncan, VV. I think giving 2 pretty different feels with the first line in a playoff game would be hard for non-WCHA teams to adjust defensively. Against the WCHA, this strategy would lose a little effectiveness due to familiarity.

hak isnt known to juggle lines that much during games. maybe here and there if he sees something thats really bothering him but i doubt we see that at all. it will be miller on that top line. lets just hope he can contribute and create opportunites for the other guys and when he gets served up on a platter he needs put 1 in! cant wait til saturday, go sioux

hak isnt known to juggle lines that much during games. maybe here and there if he sees something thats really bothering him but i doubt we see that at all. it will be miller on that top line. lets just hope he can contribute and create opportunites for the other guys and when he gets served up on a platter he needs put 1 in! cant wait til saturday, go sioux

I don't understand how you can be a healthy scratch one week and on the first line the next. The fact that Dunc has scored only once in the last 10 games is very alarming.

Too bad we don't have two #5's. Too valuable on the blueline, but he would be a great addition to the Osh/Dunc line. D.O.G.'s!

This gets back to the age old issue that you do not put three scorers on the same line. If he were healthy, I would strongly consider putting Trupp on that line.

Oshie, Duncan and Trupp

Vande, Rylan, and Watkins

Miller, Kozek and Frattin

Zajac, Radke and Martens

Maybe for the playoffs?

VV has been by leaps and bounds the best compliment to the top line, IMHO, but I also agree that he shouldn't be an option to skate with them in the tourney. He is very valuable to that 2nd line as both a playmaker and in the face-off circle. Having 2 of our best guys on the same line is not the best way to set things up, especially where one lost draw and a lucky bounce could end your season. I guess I'd like to see Kozek back out there, but it probably doesn't matter either way. Let's be honest, Oshie single-handedly creates most opportunities for that line on his own. His health is going to be the difference, not the 3rd skater.

I'm not too worried about Duncan. He is what he is, a sniper. Winning the Hobey last year wasn't going to all of a sudden change that. Hockey is like any other team sport, the best players make everyone around them better. Duncan is a great player, but he's not going elevate anyone to another level on a consistent basis like an Oshie or a Toews. I'm not saying he doesn't ever do it, but he's far more valuable just looking to hammer one home from someone else, not vice versa. As long as Oshie's healthy, Duncan can just worry about finding the net, and find the net he will.

Anybody get a little tingle with the acronym of that first line suggestion from me for the Frozen 4?

Didn't notice it until you pointer it out. I love Trupp. In fact every year I kind of find myself picking a new favorite player and Trupper was that guy right away. That being said his game is very similar to Duncs. He doesn't add the physical presence that they need.

Speaking of acronyms I liked OlD Time Hockeys DOG line. I'm thinking we could either have them skate out to "Bark at the Moon" by Ozzie or "Hair of the Dog" by Nazareth. Either way works!!!

Didn't notice it until you pointer it out. I love Trupp. In fact every year I kind of find myself picking a new favorite player and Trupper was that guy right away. That being said his game is very similar to Duncs. He doesn't add the physical presence that they need.

Speaking of acronyms I liked OlD Time Hockeys DOG line. I'm thinking we could either have them skate out to "Bark at the Moon" by Ozzie or "Hair of the Dog" by Nazareth. Either way works!!!

Thought you would like it; B-DOG!

I think at this time of year you are trying to look for some balance in the lines you put on the ice.......we need to try and get scoring from all the lines if possible and put players where it makes sense to create that balance......we would be happy to have the 4th line score all the goals this weekend as long as it gives us the wins we need!!

I think at this time of year you are trying to look for some balance in the lines you put on the ice.......we need to try and get scoring from all the lines if possible and put players where it makes sense to create that balance......we would be happy to have the 4th line score all the goals this weekend as long as it gives us the wins we need!!

Is that you Dave H.?

I agree with your idea but I don't believe this is the time of year to use it. That pholosophy works best throughout the grind of a season. Now in the playoffs with all the TV timeouts and stops in play a coach can and often does shorten their rotation to 3 lines. And the 3rd line is often a rotation of the 3rd and 4th lines used throughout the regular season. I am all for having our "horses" or Big "DOGs" on the first two units (including defense). I would not move Genoway out of his position because it allows him to control the game more from the point and I love his game back there. My lines would look as follows:

Forwards

Duncan, Oshie, Kozek

Watkins, VW, Kaip

Martens, Miller, Frattin

Defense

Chorney & Bina

Genoway & Finley

Marto & LaPoint

I would rotate the 3rd unit in periodically and would probably play them individually with one of the first four.

Just MYO

BD

I agree with your idea but I don't believe this is the time of year to use it. That pholosophy works best throughout the grind of a season. Now in the playoffs with all the TV timeouts and stops in play a coach can and often does shorten their rotation to 3 lines. And the 3rd line is often a rotation of the 3rd and 4th lines used throughout the regular season. I am all for having our "horses" or Big "DOGs" on the first two units (including defense). I would not move Genoway out of his position because it allows him to control the game more from the point and I love his game back there. My lines would look as follows:

Forwards

Duncan, Oshie, Kozek

Watkins, VW, Kaip

Martens, Miller, Frattin

Defense

Chorney & Bina

Genoway & Finley

Marto & LaPoint

I would rotate the 3rd unit in periodically and would probably play them individually with one of the first four.

Just MYO

BD

I will bet the Marto will see the ice this weekend alongside Jones for two reasons. One, it is an olympic size rink and two, Lapoint is banged up after being hit last weekend against Denver.

Forwards

Duncan, Oshie, Kozek

Watkins, VW, Kaip

Martens, Miller, Frattin

Defense

Chorney & Bina

Genoway & Finley

Marto & LaPoint

Just MYO

BD

wouldnt sit jones at all. he is such a good defensive d man and rarley gets beat. he is not sitting.

wouldnt sit jones at all. he is such a good defensive d man and rarley gets beat. he is not sitting.

Well, now Jones definitely won't sit. Since LaPoint has PCS (Post-Concusion Syndrome, same thing Kaip had his freshman year), who knows when he might play again.