SiouxSports.com Forum

Oshie, Duncan, .......?

Old Time Hockey

Just wondering who people think has been the best compliment to the Oshie/Duncan line.

Who would have been a better fit?

Hak said that Miller is the best fit for the line today on the Dan Hammer show. I personally don't see it.

IMO Kozek has been the best fit. He can shoot the puck and brings a physical presence to the line.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hands down it was Vande. They moved Vande to have solid face-off men spread out through the lines. However, the size he brings can't be matched by Kozek and especially not Miller. Vande is good in the corners and strong on the puck. I like the lines with Kozek up there, but there's no denying how great that power-play line has been whey they're on their game.

Personally, I think Toews. :D

stupid over acheiver!!! hahaha young kids and their dreams....and the ability to live them out....selfish is what it is!!! :D

i personally like kozek cuz he gets in the corners and does the dirty work.....miller is more offensively "gifted" or "smooth" but i've noticed he's a few steps slower without the puck.."lazy" comes to mind but prolly isn't the right word...and he shy's away from the physical, which is not what that line needs...duncan and osh get tackled too often and duncan seems to have lost a step or defenseman are faster this year...so that leaves osh with all the hard corner digging and fantastic rushes, but also needing to finish more....tough league, tough defense, garbage officials=lower scoring and need for a kozek on a first line...

....but since hak is the one makin 250k to make that decision it's tough to second guess from the armchair...

Hands down it was Vande. They moved Vande to have solid face-off men spread out through the lines. However, the size he brings can't be matched by Kozek and especially not Miller. Vande is good in the corners and strong on the puck. I like the lines with Kozek up there, but there's no denying how great that power-play line has been whey they're on their game.

VV moves Oshie to wing and Oshie is a beast at center. VV is one of the top 2nd line centers in the nation. Miller doesn't do it on the top line. Kozek to me is the one to continue on that first line. You have to remember Miller couldn't crack the lineup prior to Trupp's injury and now he is a first line player??

stupid over acheiver!!! hahaha young kids and their dreams....and the ability to live them out....selfish is what it is!!! :D

i personally like kozek cuz he gets in the corners and does the dirty work.....miller is more offensively "gifted" or "smooth" but i've noticed he's a few steps slower without the puck.."lazy" comes to mind but prolly isn't the right word...and he shy's away from the physical, which is not what that line needs...duncan and osh get tackled too often and duncan seems to have lost a step or defenseman are faster this year...so that leaves osh with all the hard corner digging and fantastic rushes, but also needing to finish more....tough league, tough defense, garbage officials=lower scoring and need for a kozek on a first line...

....but since hak is the one makin 250k to make that decision it's tough to second guess from the armchair...

I agree with all you have posted in regards to Kozek. Vande is the best as evident on the power play, but it is hard to put all you stars on one line. With Osh dinged, I think a guy that can do the dirty work in the corners is needed to take some pressure off him. Kozek, not Miller is that guy!

We're talking about practice...? practice? we're talking about practice...? no, no,no, not a game....not a game....we're talking about practice! practice? :D

Chill out AI :D

I prefer, especially for this time of year...

What's that? Uh -- Playoffs? Don't talk about -- playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game!

It would have been nice to see Watkins with Osh and Dunc.

The Kaip, VV, Watkins line has not been generating much lately. If you are gonna shake up a line, why not them?

For me it is Kozek but then again I have been pimpin him all year. I don't see what Miller brings on a regular basis. The comments earlier were dead on. He shows flashes of offensive brilliance and then he is slacking (for lack of a better word) and out of the play for extended periods. Disagree with breaking up the second line. They are the most consistent line we have. Here is what I see with the 2nd line:

Best defensive unit we have against other teams top lines

Excellent at establishing offensive zone possesion and cycling the puck

Nice physical presence in every game

All around most consistent line we have had all year.

Lastly, Oshie and Kozek on the same line is like having two tazmanian (spelling ?) devils on the same line. They are always flying around creating things. Maybe Hak thinks Miller brings more of a balanced feel to the line. Who knows. I just hope Miller shows up like he did in Duluth when Trupp got hurt and not like he did in St. Paul. Also, Hak must not be completely convinced either way because he was switching them around throughout the Final 5.

BD

It would have been nice to see Watkins with Osh and Dunc.

The Kaip, VV, Watkins line has not been generating much lately. If you are gonna shake up a line, why not them?

i agree, that line has been a little stale. Watkins can really fly and is decent in the corners which could help the big guns. this experiment should've been tried earlier in the season. maybe, Miller will have 2-3 goals this weekend and we'll all eat crow. :D

I'll be surprised if Kozek is not on that line this weekend - unless something official has been said about Miller being there and I missed it.

Not gonna happen, unless it happens midway through a game. Hak said on the Dan Hammer show that Miller is the best fit for the Osh/Dunc line. He said that last weekend he moved Kozek into the line when Miller was not showing a lot of speed. Miller has not contributed much on this line.

When was the last time we heard Oshie from Miller or Duncan from Miller?

Not gonna happen, unless it happens midway through a game. Hak said on the Dan Hammer show that Miller is the best fit for the Osh/Dunc line. He said that last weekend he moved Kozek into the line when Miller was not showing a lot of speed. Miller has not contributed much on this line.

When was the last time we heard Oshie from Miller or Duncan from Miller?

U of Manitoba game? :D That line needs more grit than what Miller brings. Especially when Oshie is getting mugged constantly.

Miller, please..... Duncan needs a solid forechecker on that line to draw attention away from him. That ain't Miller. I don't like RD to become a set-up guy for players (like Miller) who cannot finish. Kozek isn't an assist player, he's a goal scorer. I like him on the second line with Vande and Trupp (should he return for the regional). Who's left, Kaip perhaps?....