SiouxSports.com Forum

Oshie, Duncan, .......?

Old Time Hockey

According to Hak Trupp will not be in the lineup for the weekend. I agree it would be nice but you sure don't want to rush a broken bone. The kid's got lots of hockey ahead of him. So with Lapoint not being healthy who is the 7th defence to go on the trip. Also who do they take avidson or Forney for the extra forward?? I think it will probably be Davidson cause he dressed for pregame warmups last weekend when Bina had the flu. Radke would have moved back to D and he would have gone in the 4th line fwd

im sure lapoint goes in case but you always have radke as well who can go to D in a emergency situation so no worries on that front. there isnt a doubt they bring davidson. forney hasnt touched the ice in a game for months.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im sure lapoint goes in case but you always have radke as well who can go to D in a emergency situation so no worries on that front. there isnt a doubt they bring davidson. forney hasnt touched the ice in a game for months.

I don't think that anyone who recently had a 'concussion syndrome' should go back into the line of fire so quickly.

i personally think kozek is a better fit than miller on either line.....he adds the physical with the ability to score on the first line, and the ability to score along with the physical on the 3rd line......

triouxper.... i don't think anyone is throwing miller under the bus, i don't think i've read anything here where anyone is flat out saying that he sucks or it's his fault or he's a PoS.... but you are right about him needing to step it up next year as a senior and provide some scoring...hopefully the injury bug is done biting this team

I never intended for it to sound like that. I was just saying that he had battled some shoulder type stuff early in his career. At this level of cometition it's easy to fall behind if you can't train like everyone else. That's all I was trying to say. I'm all in favor of Koz playing with Osh and Duncs myself. Old Time Hockey brought up a good point earlier and I have to agree, Miller was most effective with Frattin and Martens in that sat. game versus Mich Tech. I liked what i saw from that line, I thought they generated plenty of chances that night.

According to Hak Trupp will not be in the lineup for the weekend. I agree it would be nice but you sure don't want to rush a broken bone. The kid's got lots of hockey ahead of him.

True. It's rare for any broken bone to take less than 8 weeks. Small bones can be worse. Add in rehab and time to get in game shape...

Siouxtatoo- I disagree with the Boogaard vs. Radke thing. They both can be goonish...well, Boogaard is a goon, but Radke has more defensive presence than Boogaard and therefore adds much more to the Sioux than just a fighter like Boogaard.

Then again, I'm a mite biased... :D

And, yes, as skilled as Miller is, he's still easily taken off the puck. I'd STILL put Kozek on the first line.

Siouxtatoo- I disagree with the Boogaard vs. Radke thing. They both can be goonish...well, Boogaard is a goon, but Radke has more defensive presence than Boogaard and therefore adds much more to the Sioux than just a fighter like Boogaard.

Then again, I'm a mite biased... :D

And, yes, as skilled as Miller is, he's still easily taken off the puck. I'd STILL put Kozek on the first line.

I agree. Boogaard is just a goon. An important element of the Wild, but just a goon. Radke brings more to the table than being just a goon. He is more like a Claud Lemieux. Can goon it up, get under other teams skin, and is strong defensively. Kyle just doesn't have the knack to score big goals like ol' Claud used to. I personally hated the guy, but he was a guy you loved if you had on your team and hated if he wasn't.

If we get another shot at Denver, Kyle is a must start. He should be able to draw more penalties than he takes as been the case over the last couple of months!

So with Lapoint not being healthy who is the 7th defence to go on the trip. Also who do they take avidson or Forney for the extra forward?? I think it will probably be Davidson cause he dressed for pregame warmups last weekend when Bina had the flu. Radke would have moved back to D and he would have gone in the 4th line fwd

I'm not absolutely positive, but if I'm remembering correctly everybody goes on the trip and then Hak makes the decision gameday.

I agree. Boogaard is just a goon. An important element of the Wild, but just a goon. Radke brings more to the table than being just a goon. He is more like a Claud Lemieux. Can goon it up, get under other teams skin, and is strong defensively. Kyle just doesn't have the knack to score big goals like ol' Claud used to. I personally hated the guy, but he was a guy you loved if you had on your team and hated if he wasn't.

If we get another shot at Denver, Kyle is a must start. He should be able to draw more penalties than he takes as been the case over the last couple of months!

fair enough

Seems like Kozek is the guy!

If Miller starts with Oshie and Duncan in the FF I will lose all faith in Hak!

Kozek added a spark to the line which added momentum to the rest of team. Him scoring the game winner only justifies him being on the line with TJ and RD.

Go Sioux!

#8 in '08

Miller does not have the talent nor the shot to be on that top line. If that isn't readily obvious after this game...then we'll I give up!! Opposing teamas are keying on Osh and Dunc and Miller cannot make them pay...Kozek can. It is better to have a top line that can score rather than 4 balanced lines that cannot get over the hump. I am hoping Trupp can play, he is a dynamic player who has the ability to put the puck in the net!! GO SIOUX! FLIPPIN AWESOME VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems like Kozek is the guy!

If Miller starts with Oshie and Duncan in the FF I will lose all faith in Hak!

Kozek added a spark to the line which added momentum to the rest of team. Him scoring the game winner only justifies him being on the line with TJ and RD.

Go Sioux!

#8 in '08

I won't lose faith in Hak. If Miller appears on the first line, then so be it. I think Miller may be a better passer and a little faster than Kozek. Kozek has a better shot, is stronger on the puck, and is better along the boards/corners than Miller.

The only question I have is this: Is Miller a center? If so, that may be why Miller goes up to the first line as well. It allows Oshie to slide to the wing. Kozek isn't a center.

I won't lose faith in Hak. If Miller appears on the first line, then so be it. I think Miller may be a better passer and a little faster than Kozek. Kozek has a better shot, is stronger on the puck, and is better along the boards/corners than Miller.

The only question I have is this: Is Miller a center? If so, that may be why Miller goes up to the first line as well. It allows Oshie to slide to the wing. Kozek isn't a center.

Oshie is a great center! That is where he plays when anyone other than Vande is on the line. Proof is in the product! Osh/Dunc/Kozek produce way more than Miller.

I agree with many. Kozek is the best fit with Oshie and Duncan. However, Hakstol keeps putting Miller with them so I really don't know what he's seeing that makes him keep Miller there.

Miller has good speed but he just doesn't know how to finish things. With him out there it's like opponents know they don't have to worry about him doing anything special so they easily focus on Duncan and Oshie making sure they don't do anything. It was also obvious that when Hakstol did put Kozek with Duncan and Oshie that things were looking much better and more scoring chances were being generated.

In the end if Hakstol keeps Miller with Duncan and Oshie maybe Miller will finally step up during the Frozen Four and show why he deserves to be on the top line otherwise he should be relegated down.

I agree with many. Kozek is the best fit with Oshie and Duncan. However, Hakstol keeps putting Miller with them so I really don't know what he's seeing that makes him keep Miller there.

Miller has good speed but he just doesn't know how to finish things. With him out there it's like opponents know they don't have to worry about him doing anything special so they easily focus on Duncan and Oshie making sure they don't do anything. It was also obvious that when Hakstol did put Kozek with Duncan and Oshie that things were looking much better and more scoring chances were being generated.

In the end if Hakstol keeps Miller with Duncan and Oshie maybe Miller will finally step up during the Frozen Four and show why he deserves to be on the top line otherwise he should be relegated down.

like i said earlier, that top line is the best of bad options when it comes to where to put miller...it's the best fit for his game, but not the best fit for that line...there's a reason he's a healthy scratch when trupper doesn't have a broken leg....kozek better be on that line at 5pm 4/10

Clearly Hak was just playing rope-a-dope using Miller with Oshie and Duncan. He lulled Bucky into complacency and then sprang Kozek on them in the third.

What a great mess-with-their-heads hockey coaching mind. ;)

Oshie is a great center! That is where he plays when anyone other than Vande is on the line. Proof is in the product! Osh/Dunc/Kozek produce way more than Miller.

I'm not Hak, but this should be a non-issue. Kozek should be on that top line for the FF!

Not only did he move Kozek to that line, but he also moved Vande and Frattin around. Great coaches make decisions like these in big games to put the team over the edge. It was very gutsy, and it paid off big time. The question becomes what lineup will they field in two weeks? Whatever it is, Hak opened the door to some shuffling during the game, and that forces teamps to figure out some other matchups.

I think Hak new that putting Kozek on that top line would energize the team. I think he was saving it for the right moment, when we needed a jump. Sort of like Rocky fighting right handed for much of the bout.

In the third period and OT, the bench is going to get a lot shorter too.

I think Hak new that putting Kozek on that top line would energize the team. I think he was saving it for the right moment, when we needed a jump. Sort of like Rocky fighting right handed for much of the bout.

In the third period and OT, the bench is going to get a lot shorter too.

That moment needs to be Thursday April 10 with the drop of the puck!