What's Princeton All About

yzerman19

1. You have to be smart to go to Princeton

2. My goalie from high school played there - Nate Nomeland

1999-2000 Princeton 6 1 1 0 .500 0 2.38 .923

2000-2001 Princeton 9 2 3 1 .417 1 3.57 .905

2001-2002 Princeton 6 0 2 0 .000 0 3.35 .880

2002-2003 Princeton 14 0 9 2 .091 0 3.78 .882

3. Princeton sucks most years (as evidenced by above)

4. Hobey Baker (the Hobey Baker) played at Princeton

5. Nobody from Princeton has won the Hobey Baker award

6. Hobey Baker was classmates with F. Scott Fitzgerald who supposedly based the main character from This Side of Paridise on Baker

7. F. Scott Fitzgerald is from St. Paul and wrote the Great Gatsby - the best book ever written.

8. Gatsby ends up getting shot to death in his pool while feeling sorry for himself.

Based on the above I predict a 2-0 Sioux win.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6. Hobey Baker was classmates with F. Scott Fitzgerald who supposedly based the main character from This Side of Paridise on Baker

7. F. Scott Fitzgerald is from St. Paul and wrote the Great Gatsby - the best book ever written.

8. Gatsby ends up getting shot to death in his pool while feeling sorry for himself.

You mean to tell me Hobey Baker couldn't even win his own award!?!? C'MON!!!

Sioux win 5-1

Did you read "This side of Paradise"? It is an excellent book.

Gatsby is lesser Fitzgerald :silly:

Princeton will not be able to handle the oshie bum rush on olympic ice.

I actually predict 7-1 Sioux with Chorney, Oshie, Duncan, Vandevelde, Watkins, Miller and Zajac

Dang and I was just about to read The Great Gatsby. You blow the ending for me and now what?

Next thing you'll tell me is that at the end of the movie The Rose she dies or something. That's on my list of movies to watch next

Princeton won the ECAC title. Another member of that conference just dismantled a WCHA team that UND split with very recently. That should give everyone a sense of the quality of UND's Saturday opponent.

Princeton won the ECAC title. Another member of that conference just dismantled a WCHA team that UND split with very recently. That should give everyone a sense of the quality of UND's Saturday opponent.

No doubt about it. It will be no cakewalk tomorrow. I trust the Sioux coaching staff will have everyone ready to go. The Sioux will need to play the full 60 minutes to advance.

My prediction:

UND 27

Princeton 465

:lol:

Let me summarize:

In an incredibly unorthodox move, both teams decide to not dress a goaltender. Instead, they dress two extra skaters aside and play the entire game 6 on 6. It got off a little rocky at first when UND forward TJ Oshie won the opening faceoff cleanly...but Robbie Bina, the sixth player, missed the puck and it went straight into the empty net. It would only get worse from there. :)

You see in print the Princeton coach and players talk about their speed being their big assest. All things are relative when you play in a different conference. Will be interesting to see if they have "speed" compared to UND. You know they haven't seen a team as physical as UND, but UND can't play "dumb" physical hockey and be going to the box all day long.

UND wins this game in one word--OSHIE!!

4-1 SIOUX

My wife is pissing me off. We need to leave for Madison!!! See you all at the game. All four lines goins and scoring and a suffocating defense and keep JPL from having to be too heroic. GO SIOUX!!!! (and then a 5 OT yawner between the other 2 teams that gets settled with a diving contest). The lower seeds have been prevailing so it is time for the best team in the land to right the ship. Come on woman, we have to go!!!!!

No doubt about it. It will be no cakewalk tomorrow. I trust the Sioux coaching staff will have everyone ready to go. The Sioux will need to play the full 60 minutes to advance.

Yep - and last Sunday after the pairing were announced - what-his-name on ESPN said "watch out North Dakota" twice "as this is a very good Princeton team"

that being said - 3-1 Sioux.

Here is another article talking about Princeton's speed:

http://www.nj.com/sports/times/index.ssf?/....xml&coll=5

In yesterday's practice session, the ECAC champions displayed their quickness in several drills where they skated up and down the ice. With North Dakota looking on from the stands, the Sioux were clearly impressed, unable to hold back several "oohs" and "aahs."

I posted this on USCHO as well, but if Princeton isn't the fastest team that I've seen all year, I'm going to be disappointed with how much it was built up. Something tells me that they are not going to be as quick as CC or Michigan.

That's all we've heard about them...how fast they are. I'm interested to see how they look on the ice.

I posted this on USCHO as well, but if Princeton isn't the fastest team that I've seen all year, I'm going to be disappointed with how much it was built up. Something tells me that they are not going to be as quick as CC or Michigan.

That's all we've heard about them...how fast they are. I'm interested to see how they look on the ice.

With Princeton being pumped up so much, it's a wonder why they weren't rated #1 in the country. :lol:

"Both North Dakota and Princeton have NHL-sized home ice rinks that measure 200 by 85 inches. The Kohl Center, however, is closer to an Olympic-sized rink as its dimen sions are 200 by 97 inches."

Talk about stickhandling in a phone booth!