SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Princeton All About

yzerman19

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rivalry. I love it!

Oh ya! You best believe that I'll be bringing more people up to the Ralph next year, this time it was only 2 of us. You only would have seen me if it was a guy in a Maroon jersey starting the rouser after goals in my section or the guy doing the jersey pop after we won, Wheeler style :silly:

So, I am looking at Princeton.

We had one common opponent, Mankato. The landcows beat them 6-1 on the olympic rink in Mankato. Mankato outshot them 34-19 in that game as well. That was their only game on full olympic ice.

They were outshot by both Colgate and Harvard in their wins in the ECAC tourney.

All the props going to their goalie is warranted, as he only gave up 1 goal vs 94 shots in his last 3 games. The four games prior to that, however, he gave up 10 goals vs 118 shots.

Makato's rink is NHL size not olympic.

You only would have seen me if it was a guy in a Maroon jersey starting the rouser after goals in my section or the guy doing the jersey pop after we won, Wheeler style :silly:

For the love of Christmas, can someone please do away with the stupid 'jersey-pop'? I see enough of that on the big-screen every single year at the Final Five. Yes, I know you're wearing the jersey of [insert team here: Wisconsin, St Cloud, North Dakota, Minnesota]. You don't need to 'pop' it to show it off to me. I know what the M, W, StC, and SIOUX stands for, thanks.

For the love of Christmas, can someone please do away with the stupid 'jersey-pop'? I see enough of that on the big-screen every single year at the Final Five. Yes, I know you're wearing the jersey of [insert team here: Wisconsin, St Cloud, North Dakota, Minnesota]. You don't need to 'pop' it to show it off to me. I know what the M, W, StC, and SIOUX stands for, thanks.

:silly:

It fits better for us at the U though, since its now famous here, haha. Mafia, when I see you at the Ralph I'll be sure to be popping my jersey, probably bust out the throwback for that series.

:silly:

It fits better for us at the U though, since its now famous here, haha. Mafia, when I see you at the Ralph I'll be sure to be popping my jersey, probably bust out the throwback for that series.

I'm up in GF about once a year. I live in Bloomington. You're more likely to see me in Mankato, St Cloud, or Mariucci.

I've never been to Mankato, is uscho.com right about the rink being olympic size? I am 99% positive the Alltel Center is Olympic. That is a huge element, as the Kohl Center is Olympic sized ice. If Mankato can light them up for 6 on olympic ice, you'd think that our boys could do some serious damage with that extra room to maneuver.

I've never been to Mankato, is uscho.com right about the rink being olympic size? I am 99% positive the Alltel Center is Olympic. That is a huge element, as the Kohl Center is Olympic sized ice. If Mankato can light them up for 6 on olympic ice, you'd think that our boys could do some serious damage with that extra room to maneuver.

that's weird. i could've sworn it's 200x85. i've been there a half dozen times and didn't ever think it was a big sheet.

wiki for the arena lists as 200x100.

wcha website has it listed as 200x85 which i think it correct.

http://wcha.cstv.com/schools/mnst/wcha-mnst-m-body.html

that's weird. i could've sworn it's 200x85. i've been there a half dozen times and didn't ever think it was a big sheet.

http://wcha.cstv.com/schools/mnst/wcha-mnst-m-body.html

wiki is not the place to get your information :silly:

I've always thought that that cracker jack box of an arena was 200x85.

The mustache commands respect. I should expect that the Tigers will refer to our boys as "Sir" or "Mister".

The Stache is pretty hardcore... I know what mostly every player looks like, and any bystander can usually figure it out anyways due to the hockey attire, but I just saw bina after class today and could see that stache from a distance its not quite as thick and rugged as some but its definetly rockin

The Stache is pretty hardcore... I know what mostly every player looks like, and any bystander can usually figure it out anyways due to the hockey attire, but I just saw bina after class today and could see that stache from a distance its not quite as thick and rugged as some but its definetly rockin

Speaking of the 'stache....is anyone else sporting one to support the team? Saw a few Sioux fans sporting lip fur on TV this past weekend.

I'll be looking forward to sporting mine at the FF in 2 1/2 weeks!

I'm not assigning much relevance to the MSUM/Princeton game, mainly because it was a long time ago, and teams change as the year goes on. The good ones get better, and go on a late run. Princeton has obviously done this.

I also know the coaches and players will understand that they cannot take anyone lightly, but knowing it intellectually and believing it in your heart are two different things, and human nature is tough to fight. If they can get past that and skate really hard, things will fall into place.

That is a Cheers episode and they end up hurting McHale when they forget to replace a bolt while counting.

Winner winner chicken dinner!

Best episode ever. I love the scene when everyone is at Cheers is watching the game on TV and McHale walks across the game looking dazed and confused...he's counting bolts! :silly:

I shaved all but the upper lip this morning. Day 1 of playoff mustache. Gotta support the team.

I think you have to assign some relevance to the Manakato game if it was the only game Princeton played on Olympic ice. The box score shows a couple of goals in that game as 4 x 4 too, which means that Princeton's defense had trouble against the land cow forwards when there was room to maneuver. If they can't handle the land cows, they definitely can not handle the OSH!!!

It says here that you're a college graduate AND an American citizen.

Winner winner chicken dinner!

Best episode ever. I love the scene when everyone is at Cheers is watching the game on TV and McHale walks across the game looking dazed and confused...he's counting bolts! :silly:

I'm pretty sure he's implemented that face a number of times as the Wolves G.M.