SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA TV?

mulebarnalum

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FSSN is an espnu affiliate. I remember Sweeney saying that. I bet fsn wisconson i think thats what its called but will pick up saturdays game and getting it on fssn will be no problem but for sunday night, head to the bars unless u got espnu. Wonder how many bars willl be open sunday night.

Then why can't the games be on ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPN Classic?? Is College Hockey that unattractive to the rest of the country. :wink:

This will never happen, especially now that college basketball is in full swing. Espn is purely down for the pumpkin pushing and not hockey, until the championship game, which is lame but Im use to it

FSSN is an espnu affiliate. I remember Sweeney saying that. I bet fsn wisconson i think thats what its called but will pick up saturdays game and getting it on fssn will be no problem but for sunday night, head to the bars unless u got espnu. Wonder how many bars willl be open sunday night.

Hopefully I can find a sioux bar in Maryland. I'll take any recommendations.

I interpret that statement to mean that we have a 0% chance of seeing the game on FSSN or FSN. If it's exclusively on ESPN affiliated stations, that eliminates those two. It looks like ESPNU or the internet are it.

unless the games conflict and cannot be carried live.

The above statement leaves me to believe that since the games are not being shown live, that ESPN is willing to let another (or maybe same company, just different name) company pick up (pay for) the feed and show it live.

unless the games conflict and cannot be carried live.

The above statement leaves me to believe that since the games are not being shown live, that ESPN is willing to let another (or maybe same company, just different name) company pick up (pay for) the feed and show it live.

You are correct. The Sat game should have a good chance of being picked up by someone. FSSN is the likely choice but even FSN might pick it up, if it wouldn't conflict with other programming. The Sun game sounds like it might not be available but who really knows.

I just wanted to inform people that FSSN will have no part in getting the feed from ESPN. It's all Midcontinent Communications. FSSN uses Midcontinent Channel 23 to broadcast there games on(for cable) and it's Midcontinent that will have to get the rights to broadcast the Saturday game live.

off the topic alittle but Sweeny said that this is the last year of their contract with FSSN and hopes that they will be back nest year. I got the impression that somebody would air the games but it may not be WDAZ - does anybody know anything about this? Sprig - Iceberg?

off the topic alittle but Sweeny said that this is the last year of their contract with FSSN and hopes that they will be back nest year. I got the impression that somebody would air the games but it may not be WDAZ - does anybody know anything about this? Sprig - Iceberg?

Have not seen/heard anything on who may broadcast on FSSN next year. Guess we'll be waiting until late summer or fall to see where (or if) we need to point our dishes.

I believe FSSN will be re-bidding to air the games. The only way they won't get them is if someone (who though?) out-bids them.

TV has been up in the air for the NCAA regionals for as long as I remember. Hopefully things will be sorted out in few days . . .

all ESPNU did was pick up the FSSN game and showed it tape delayed. Nothing more

when I look at the link

http://www.ncaa.com/sport/default.aspx?id=78176

I see this (note the bold)

Midwest Regional Semifinal # 1 Saturday 03/29/08 Madison, WI 3:00 PM 2:00 PM ESPNU / ESPN Syndication / ESPN360 ESPNU-Tape Delay (Sun. 3/30 - 12:30 PM) / ESPN Syndication-Live / ESPN360-Live

Midwest Regional Semifinal # 2 Saturday 03/29/08 Madison, WI 6:30 PM 5:30 PM ESPNU / ESPN Syndication / ESPN360 ESPNU-Tape Delay (Sun. 3/30 - 2:30 PM) / ESPN Syndication-Live / ESPN360-Live

Midwest Regional Final Sunday 03/30/08 Madison, WI 7:00 PM 6:00 PM ESPNU Live

What that means is ESPN syndication is doing the game. Its NOT ESPN. It's like ESPN+ for College FB & BB games. They produce the games and offer it to ANY station who will pony up the bucks to pay for it. So some podunk cable company in nebraska could carry it live (as an example) if they pay the money. Yes it will be on ESPN360 live and on tape delayed the next day for people who can't see it.

Looking at the FSN North site, at 2:00 on Saturday looks like its tennis so its VERY POSSIBLE they would pick up the feed. You know they'll pick up the goofer feed (pre-empting the oh so poular Twins Classic)

The finals are on ESPNU only

they'll be back...we just donty know where to aim the dishes yet and wont until probably August/September

Will the Sunday game be on tv?

espnU only sunday so find a bar or friends house that has it to watch it at if you dont have espnU. or it should be on espn360 online webcast. no other options for sunday

Why won't FSN pick that game up too?

because they cant, a few posts up or the previous page shows its espnu live on sunday with no syndication like saturdays games. psot #43 from iceberg has the info on whats being done