SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA TV?

mulebarnalum

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So does anyone know if the FSN will be showing the game in the twin cities area or just the Grand Forks area? I can watch it online if need be but I'd rather watch it on TV somewhere if I can. (then figure out someone to watch the babies)

It'll be showing here in the cities on FSN-North

So does anyone know if the FSN will be showing the game in the twin cities area or just the Grand Forks area? I can watch it online if need be but I'd rather watch it on TV somewhere if I can. (then figure out someone to watch the babies)

anyone who has fsn north locally or anywhere with the digh or direct tv across the nation

Its on FSN here in Fargo. Yea!!!!!!!!!! GO SIOUX!!! :D

Why can I just see Cableone somehow choking on this one like usual? They scare me every time a game I want to watch is on, I'm kind of happy I'm not home in Fargo right now just for that reason :D

Or just forget all that if you have satellite

Why can I just see Cableone somehow choking on this one like usual? They scare me every time a game I want to watch is on, I'm kind of happy I'm not home in Fargo right now just for that reason :D

Or just forget all that if you have satellite

Cableone is very very bad, I wish we could have Midcont. here but I don't have to worry about that next month as we are getting Directv. :D

I moved to Directv from cable a few years back for the panoply of hockey games available on it. Dishnet has made gains in the last few years to be right up there. I almost got rid of my Directv 5 years ago as the signal was very sketchy, during windy or even light rain. When I had PSB install my FTA dish, He checked my Directv dish and found that the technician who originally installed it was not very good. It was barely on the satellite. Since PSB re-adjusted it, I have had no problems.

So the lesson to be learned is that if you don't have a good consistent signal on your Directv (or Dishnet), have a competent techinician come over, and when he is done installing your FSSN FTA dish, have him take a look at your Directv dish.... :D

GO SIOUX!

Does anyone know why FSSN can't buy or be given satellite space on Dish or DirecTV? They could make it available to Dish/DTV outside of Midcontinent's DMA so there's no conflict of interest and Sioux fans 49 states could see the games and it would bring added exposure to UND.

Good call. Be sure to get the sports package for all the college hockey viewing options. I made the switch in 2000 and can't imagine ever going back to cable. Yes, we do miss out on FSSN but everything else about DirecTV blows CableOne out of the water. ESPNU, CSTV, Big 10 network, NHL network, NFL network, ESPNews, all the different regional sports channels... none of them available on CableOne. As much as I love the Sioux I couldn't trade all that programming for a handful of regular season home games.

It's very easy to have both; just add a ku band system. If you can get directtv or dishnetwork (have a view of the southern skies and have no building limitations for installing antennas), then you can also get FSSN.

I wouldn't be without FSSN, no cost after the equipment is installed. I also have dishnetwork.

Cableone is very very bad, I wish we could have Midcont. here but I don't have to worry about that next month as we are getting Directv. :D

I think you explained it perfectly with very very bad. I have no experience with Midcont. so I couldn't tell you that would be any better or worse. When I look at Cableone, the only positive I found is because of COMCAST and how bad they are screwing us here. My roommate and I got the HD package for a few HD channels and 10 bucks for sports package...we are paying 72 bucks a month for CABLE TV! Not only that, but the selection of channels sucks, the only things we get that Cableone doesn't is like Versus and NFL Network, things like that.

Yeah, if only there was a KU band installation service in Fargo. I certainly don't trust myself to attempt such a stunt.

It's not that hard; would guess your directtv installer could do it if you don't want to do it yourself.

It's not that hard; would guess your directtv installer could do it if you don't want to do it yourself.

My directv installer put up my KU dish. Now it was up to me and the help of so many patient people(ie sprig and PSB) to help get it aimed. well worth the couple hundred dollars.

I just hope I don't have to try and aim the dish at another satellite for next season. I am already dreading that one.

My directv installer put up my KU dish. Now it was up to me and the help of so many patient people(ie sprig and PSB) to help get it aimed. well worth the couple hundred dollars.

I just hope I don't have to try and aim the dish at another satellite for next season. I am already dreading that one.

Where can a person get more info about this "KU dish":D

Where can a person get more info about this "KU dish":D

Sprig's sig line has a link to PSB's store. I would email him and he will get you all the information that you need. If you live in the twin cities area PSB can typically install it for you as well. PSB posts on this forum quite often and he is the resident expert.

i actually can't get directv because of an association rule where i live. bogus. comcast sucks and i'm gonna complain all i want, despite dave's order to the contrary.

I agree with you about comcast. we can't get directv right now either because of where we live, and comcast totally sucks!! we've been having lots of issues and problems with them ever since we've had comcast put in. We've had cable before, and directv. Directv is by far better than comcast. Of the different cable companies we've had, comcast is by far the worst!! We are in an apartment right now, and because of our location, we can't get sat., so we had to with comcast. I can't wait until we can get rid of them!! :D

HELLO!!! :D Just wondering for you people with direct tv out there and the laws that go with it. I know for digital cable, in the past, that I had purchased a package to be able to catch a sioux game and then dropped it the next week or at the end of the month. Can you do this for direct tv to get ESPNU? If so how much and any other information would be great. Thanks!

p.s. Im just trying to help out the parents! :D

HELLO!!! :D Just wondering for you people with direct tv out there and the laws that go with it. I know for digital cable, in the past, that I had purchased a package to be able to catch a sioux game and then dropped it the next week or at the end of the month. Can you do this for direct tv to get ESPNU? If so how much and any other information would be great. Thanks!

p.s. Im just trying to help out the parents! :D

I believe you can, but they may not pro-rate it anymore. You may be stuck with it for a month.

i actually can't get directv because of an association rule where i live. bogus. comcast sucks and i'm gonna complain all i want, despite dave's order to the contrary.

do you have a spot that is your exclusive area?

if so, what they are doing is ILLEGAL with a capital ILLEGAL

check out the FCC OTARD...if you have a exclusive area to puyt a dish, they can't restrict it as long as its under 1 meter which all DirecTV/Dish dishes are :D

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html