SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA TV?

mulebarnalum

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly looks like ESPN360 is the only live production. Unfortuantely for me, Charter high speed doesn't have a deal with ESPN360.

Is there the possibility of FSSN paying for it and broadcasting in GF as well as making it available on fightingscioux.com?

Historically, it seems that they do a bunch of posturing, so they can make as much money as possible. I don't want to have to drive to Madison, but I will if the games aren't available live on TV.

thats what espn 360 is, live events.

The problem is that alot of people can't get these games because our Internet Providers have not agreed to show this stuff. Seems to me that this the same BS that goes on with NFL network, Big Ten network, etc.. I hope we find a way to have the game televised live.

Does ESPN have exclusive rights?

The problem is that alot of people can't get these games because our Internet Providers have not agreed to show this stuff. Seems to me that this the same BS that goes on with NFL network, Big Ten network, etc.. I hope we find a way to have the game televised live.

Does ESPN have exclusive rights?

Yes, but they really only produce the games and then sell them to other networks. I would think FSN-W (and hence FSN-M) will show the game live.

What do you mean no one gets that channel? :wink:

People who don't get it are choosing not to get it. It can be had by anybody who chooses to subscribe to DirecTV, which is available nationwide. The way you stated it leads me to believe that you're under the impression you couldn't get it if you wanted it. If I misunderstood the tone of your statement, then please accept my apology in advance. Not trying to be condescending, I just get frustrated when I hear about people who think they can't get a channel when that channel is in fact available nationwide.

As for whether or not the game will be televised live, stay tuned to College Hockey Live for updates throughout the week. As various networks sign on to pick up feeds of certain games it should be posted there.

It's not available to most/many people that have cable TV.

Well for the past 3 years(and probably more) Midcontinent Communications(cable provider in most of North Dakota plus parts of Minnesota) has always picked up the ESPN Syndications telecast of the NCAA Regional games that the Fighting Sioux play in. Last year Midcontinent only had to pick up the Michigan-North Dakota match-up since FSN North was going to televise the rest of the regional games(they also televised the Michigan-North Dakota game but it was tape-delayed). So those who have Midcontinent Communications as their cable provider got to watch the Michigan-North Dakota hockey game live.

So for those of you who have Midcontinent Communications as your cable provider don't be surprised to see a press release on FightingSioux.com detailing what cities//areas that will be able to watch the NCAA Regional games.

My point is that nobody is forcing them to stay with cable. They're free to switch to DirecTV if they want to. It comes down to making a choice not to get DirecTV, which would give them access to ESPNU and more college hockey viewing options. If a person makes that choice, fine. But then don't complain about your cable company not offering ESPNU, CSTV, or the VS. network. If you wanted those channels badly enough you'd switch to DirecTV.

True, but it's not all choice. Many apartments and rentals do no allow a dish antenna installation. Others are in wooded areas without a view of the southern sky. Of course, noone is forcing them to live in those situations either............

My point is that nobody is forcing them to stay with cable. They're free to switch to DirecTV if they want to. It comes down to making a choice not to get DirecTV, which would give them access to ESPNU and more college hockey viewing options. If a person makes that choice, fine. But then don't complain about your cable company not offering ESPNU, CSTV, or the VS. network. If you wanted those channels badly enough you'd switch to DirecTV.

As for the live broadcast of the Princeton game, if I'm reading this graph correctly I think it'll be on Altitude (DirecTV channel 644).

Link : 2007-08 Division I Men's Hockey TV Schedule

How long have you worked for DirecTV?

My point is that nobody is forcing them to stay with cable. They're free to switch to DirecTV if they want to.

I may be wrong, but I didn't think DirecTV carried the Fighting Sioux Sports Network. I chose cable when I moved to make sure I could see my favorite team play hockey.

With the $3 sports upgrade, I still got to see most of the FSN broadcasts of Sioux games as well (FSN-RM, etc.)

That's the reason I stuck with cable. :wink:

I may be wrong, but I didn't think DirecTV carried the Fighting Sioux Sports Network. I chose cable when I moved to make sure I could see my favorite team play hockey.

With the $3 sports upgrade, I still got to see most of the FSN broadcasts of Sioux games as well (FSN-RM, etc.)

That's the reason I stuck with cable. :wink:

you only can get fssn through that sattelite so you are right if you arent around the grand forks area. you can get just as many games on digital cable with that extra sports pack sioux wise than you can get with direct tv. pretty much the same with those fox college channels. i am lucky and get espnu through my digital cable but i know there are many around the country that dont offer it.

One can only hope that Fox Sports Net stations gets some of these games and shows them live.

This from CollegeHockeyNews.com;

CAA Tournament Times and TV Schedule

CHN Staff Report

All NCAA tournament games will be televised exclusively by ESPN and its sister stations this season, unless the games conflict and cannot be carried live.

This is a departure from previous years, when the Regional games were produced by ESPN Regional then offered to Regional Sports Networks or local stations around the country.

ESPN is emphasizing its college sports channel, ESPNU, now.

Hopefully this means that UND's fist round game will be picked up by Fox Sports and/or the FSSN. However, this probably means that ESPNU will be the only one carrying the Midwest Region final game.

This from CollegeHockeyNews.com;

CAA Tournament Times and TV Schedule

CHN Staff Report

All NCAA tournament games will be televised exclusively by ESPN and its sister stations this season, unless the games conflict and cannot be carried live.

This is a departure from previous years, when the Regional games were produced by ESPN Regional then offered to Regional Sports Networks or local stations around the country.

ESPN is emphasizing its college sports channel, ESPNU, now.

Hopefully this means that UND's fist round game will be picked up by Fox Sports and/or the FSSN. However, this probably means that ESPNU will be the only one carrying the Midwest Region final game.

I interpret that statement to mean that we have a 0% chance of seeing the game on FSSN or FSN. If it's exclusively on ESPN affiliated stations, that eliminates those two. It looks like ESPNU or the internet are it.

I interpret that statement to mean that we have a 0% chance of seeing the game on FSSN or FSN. If it's exclusively on ESPN affiliated stations, that eliminates those two. It looks like ESPNU or the internet are it.

Then why can't the games be on ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPN Classic?? Is College Hockey that unattractive to the rest of the country. :wink:

So - start calling/emailing Midcontinent right now to pick up ESPNU - I know that they probably wouldn't be able to get it set up by this weekend, but we should let them know this is important to the hockey fans in the area - and there are A LOT of us.

my understanding its not even live on espnU as it says tape delayed i thought for our games. some games are live and some tape delayed.

looks like saturday is tape delayed and sunday is live, so saturday ill have to do webcast unless that changes

http://www.ncaa.com/sport/default.aspx?id=78176

my understanding its not even live on espnU as it says tape delayed i thought for our games. some games are live and some tape delayed.

Correct, another station will get the live feed for those games tape delayed on ESPNU; just have to stay tuned to see who will get them.