SiouxSports.com Forum

It has to be a conspiracy

cujo2

Think it's not. How else could the Golden Gophers beat Mankato and St. Cloud?? I see no other logical conclusion but a conspiracy between McLeod, Shepherd, and Don Lucia to rig tonights game so the gophers will be in the Friday pm game. Hmmm makes me wonder what all 3 were doing at Jax Cafe today over lunch?? There is just no way that the Gophers could actually win a game on there own. Obviously they needed all the help from the Shepherds and McLeod.

Plus mysteriously the Gophers are on "spring break" which just so happens to coincide with the week of the Final 5. Hmmmmm

Umm who cares about the goofers and their playin game? SCSU isn't supposed to play like garbage until next week. They must have their dates mixed up

Not sure it you knew this but this is a sioux board, now run along back to brown and yellow on ice

As much as I'd like to believe in a conspiracy, after watching that game tonight I'd have to say that Minnesota out-worked and out-hustled SCSU. The Huskies looked slow, disorganized, and lathargic. They didn't deserve to win the game and the score certainly doesn't indicate how badly they were out played.

I will once again state that MN is not a bad team. They certainly played us tough all year. They are well coached and solid defensively. They have no horses in the stable to win a run and gun, but they are playing their system well and are an excellent skating team.

Playing MN at the X is always a challenge...20,000 M-I-N-N (you get the picture) fans show up and give them the home ice advantage. They are a pretty darn good team with some serious fan support. That being said, I think they have very little chance vs CC. Kangas will ahve to stand on his head.

As fat boy even put it tonight, UND and CC separated themselves from the rest of the league. MN, SCSU, WI, MTU, UMD, MSU...they were all about equal. Denver with Trotter was with UND and CC, without Trotter, they are similar to the other 5 teams I just mentioned.

Wooger comented that SCSU was feeling good about themselves for "outplaying UND for most of two weekends ago". All well and good. I wouldn't feel too proud of myself for being an NCAA tournament team who tied another NCAA tournament team while they were eithout Oshie, Genoway and Trupp.

Anyway, I don't really care who we face, except for the fact that I want to beat CC head to head for PWR reasons. Right now, I am a huge Notre Dame and BC fan!

As much as I'd like to believe in a conspiracy, after watching that game tonight I'd have to say that Minnesota out-worked and out-hustled SCSU. The Huskies looked slow, disorganized, and lathargic. They didn't deserve to win the game and the score certainly doesn't indicate how badly they were out played.

I totally agree. I was rather disappointed in the effort (or lack thereof) from the Huskies!! As much as this kills me to say, the Gophs were the better team from the drop of the puck tonight! :) Cough, cough, gag!! :D

I agree. SCSU did not deserve to win this game even though I wanted them too. MN had a ton of jump and played with confidence. They were a very good team tonite. They have solid talent, confidence and an excellent goalie. This means they can win any game.

SCSU needs to learn how to get the puck out of their zone, and how to break out of their zone. Those things killed them.

I love the goofers. Gophers and their fans rip on the Sioux for being cheap and being goons. I love the punch after the whistle and the slash Flynn put on the skates of the same player. I forget who issued the punch, but nice. I thought gophers didn't engage in that kind of stuff...

Every SCSU player and fan went into this game thinking it would be a cakewalk. I thought that we would dominate if we got a few powerplays. UM is still high from the MSU series, and they were also playing for their friend Tom Pohl. (bless him)

SCSU's preformance was an embarrassment. But what do we expect? It's par for the course come tourney time. :)

I just got home from the game.. I thought Shepherd was the number one star. Once again, he inserted himself into the center of what might have been a good flowing hockey game.

I just got home from the game.. I thought Shepherd was the number one star. Once again, he inserted himself into the center of what might have been a good flowing hockey game.

Personally, I thought every penalty called was legitimate.

And if there would have been NHL refs, there wouldn't have been a single minute of 5-on-5 play. The stick work (hooking, poking, hacking) that these teams were doing was ridiculous.

And if there would have been NHL refs, there wouldn't have been a single minute of 5-on-5 play. The stick work (hooking, poking, hacking) that these teams were doing was ridiculous.

Yeah I would much rather watch that than the travesty that some of the OT games turned into last weekend, multiple checking from behind penalties not called and players being dragged down left and right.

If previous years are any indication the NCAA tournament will be called much tighter than the WCHA regular season anyway so you may as well get used to playing that way now.

Personally, I am glad that the Gophers won, and I am a Sioux fan. Here's why I can swallow my resentment and hatred of all things Rodent for one night. Ok, so SCSU just lost in the Final Five. This means they stay down around a 3 or a 4 seed in the NCAA's. I firmly believe this year's St. Cloud team will NOT be the usual one and down variety, and that they will knock off somebody from another conference in the tournament. I have hopes that it will be either UNH, Michigan, or Miami. I think the Gophers just did everyone else in the tournament a BIG favor, by making sure the Huskies get the chance to do this. :)

I agree. I couldn't believe how stupid SCSU was a few times with the penalties they took. We did enjoy yelling "it's not OVERTIME!" at gopher players and fans who complained about their calls.

I agree. I couldn't believe how stupid SCSU was a few times with the penalties they took. We did enjoy yelling "it's not OVERTIME!" at gopher players and fans who complained about their calls.

There was a play in I believe the first period where the Gophers were on the power play and a half-assed Wheeler passes up a shot opportunity, muffs the puck, and then 3-4 seconds later causes his team to be off-sides. Even Minnesota fans chuckled when I stood up and yelled "Hey Wheeler, when your phone's not ringin', that's Gretzky not callin'!".

Personally, I am glad that the Gophers won, and I am a Sioux fan. Here's why I can swallow my resentment and hatred of all things Rodent for one night. Ok, so SCSU just lost in the Final Five. This means they stay down around a 3 or a 4 seed in the NCAA's. I firmly believe this year's St. Cloud team will NOT be the usual one and down variety, and that they will knock off somebody from another conference in the tournament. I have hopes that it will be either UNH, Michigan, or Miami. I think the Gophers just did everyone else in the tournament a BIG favor, by making sure the Huskies get the chance to do this. :)

If the Huskies play the same way they played yesterday, they will be packing it in after one game once again this year. No question the Gophers were the better team in that game. I bet they were outrageously relieved to win the game in regulation.

STC is all about the power play, and really, a good defense can shut that down. Weslosky looked really shaken as well.

I would love it if St Cloud knocked off a non-conference team, but as a 2 or 3 seed, they'll be playing another decent team in the first game.

Think it's not. How else could the Golden Gophers beat Mankato and St. Cloud?? I see no other logical conclusion but a conspiracy between McLeod, Shepherd, and Don Lucia to rig tonights game so the gophers will be in the Friday pm game. Hmmm makes me wonder what all 3 were doing at Jax Cafe today over lunch?? There is just no way that the Gophers could actually win a game on there own. Obviously they needed all the help from the Shepherds and McLeod.

Plus mysteriously the Gophers are on "spring break" which just so happens to coincide with the week of the Final 5. Hmmmmm

nobody here gives a damn what you think

I realize that your pretty happy and you should be - but mature up alittle

Dear Bob Motzko,

Even if you're not scheduled to play a team, it'd be wise to look at box scores or recaps from other league games from the week before.

For example: Shelast with six seconds left, to tie.

Then maybe, "Howe, with 13 seconds left, to win" could've been avoided by your team.

Oh well. You missed it.

Dear Bob Motzko,

Even if you're not scheduled to play a team, it'd be wise to look at box scores or recaps from other league games from the week before.

For example: Shelast with six seconds left, to tie.

Then maybe, "Howe, with 13 seconds left, to win" could've been avoided by your team.

Oh well. You missed it.

What is your point?