SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

site went down. i lost the connection to the site as well for the last 10 to 15 min., and it just came back up a couple of minutes ago. Did the sioux play alright in the last 5 to 10 min. of the game?

Tech was able to apply some pressure, especially the last flurry, but not much (if anything) got to Lammy. I had to laugh after the horn when Lammy got into the Husky guys face.....however, we can't have him losing his cool during a game where it can cost us, just nice to see some emotion and excitement with the guys.

Also, Lammy tossed his goal stick into the crowd during the senior skate.

Forum's went down, too. That's why there's a 25 minute gap in posts.

Yeah, it's honestly a bit of a mystery to me. It was chugging along fine, actually setting a record for simultaneous use without really looking like it was breaking a sweat, then at a not particularly busy time it just became overwhelmed. :(

However, it is true that once something went wrong and the server got busy doing something, people continuing to try to reload it caused tens of thousands of requests to queue up and it can never really catchup again. I need to modify that behavior so when it becomes overwhelmed, it stops trying to respond to new requests but instead just says "sorry, I'm busy right now", which would allow it to catchup and become accessible again quickly. I've tried unsuccessfully to create such a configuration in the past, and it's pretty tough to test, but that's the easiest short-term solution.

Medium-term, I upgrade the capacity every 12 months or so, but am unlikely to make any huge changes before the hockey season ends, because they can be quite disruptive.

I felt the Sioux showed some spark at the end, but man, MTU was coming hard. They have a good squad and it's too bad they won't get a shot at the NCAA tourney. (The more WCHA the merrier IMO).

I think MTU was a pretty good 9th place hockey team.