SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. They'll likely be emailing out an announcement with all the details tomorrow. Some one will post the info here. It's a lot of fun, a pep rally of sorts, the band and cheerleaders are there, ballons, sometimes face painting and it's great meeting up with other fans. You're little guy will enjoy it.

Little guy is staying home Friday :( but he'll be there Saturday hopefully. I'll be with some non- Sioux fans Fri, so I may be paying their way into this shindig. Will they also be gathering after the afternoon game?

Where was Radke sunday whats the deal ??

Yeah, that bit in our book. Radke should have dressed at least a game or two this weekend. He had brought alot of fire to that fourth line and the team's roll had coincided with his return to the lineup.

This said, Marto did a heck of a job as forward. The coaches obviously think highly of both him and LaPoint. As we all have always known year in and year out, this is a tough tough lineup to make. The coaches dress who they believe are their best twenty guys, and right now Radke is barely on the outside of that bubble, looking in. It's nice to know that he is on the pine fully ready to step in as need be from here on in in the event of injury or illness.

When the Sioux hoist No. 8, those in the know will know that Radke was a big, big part of their success. From where we sit, he leads both on, and off, the ice.

With all of the flu etc. that has been going around, he may be sick. I wish he would have dressed this weekend, since I did wear a Radke jersey, but he and the coaches know whats best.

I really would have liked to see him at the end with the other 3 seniors, dressed or not. He does deserve a fan send-off................but then again, we have more games to play. He will get his send-off yet and hopefully it's in the form of a Broadmoor and a #8!

Some comments on the student section... The student section in the upper bowl was asked to sit down on either Friday or Saturday night, which was really frustrating because that's the only place where people are SUPPOSED to stand. Don't buy student tickets if you're not prepared to deal with the students standing and cheering.

On Sunday night, the lower bowl student section stood up about halfway through the 3rd period while chanting "Stand up old folk"... and they got in BIG trouble for it!! Hockey games are meant for STANDING and CHEERING, especially in a big game like that was. I don't think the students deserve to be yelled at for actually trying to create a good atmosphere. (I may be biased in saying this as a student, but I'm just sick of the students always being told what to do by the Ralph.)

I just think the Ralph needs to give the students a little bit of slack. It is a HOCKEY game after all...

Some comments on the student section... The student section in the upper bowl was asked to sit down on either Friday or Saturday night, which was really frustrating because that's the only place where people are SUPPOSED to stand. Don't buy student tickets if you're not prepared to deal with the students standing and cheering.

On Sunday night, the lower bowl student section stood up about halfway through the 3rd period while chanting "Stand up old folk"... and they got in BIG trouble for it!! Hockey games are meant for STANDING and CHEERING, especially in a big game like that was. I don't think the students deserve to be yelled at for actually trying to create a good atmosphere. (I may be biased in saying this as a student, but I'm just sick of the students always being told what to do by the Ralph.)

I just think the Ralph needs to give the students a little bit of slack. It is a HOCKEY game after all...

1. You complain about the student ticket process

2. You complain about the policies at The Ralph

If you don't like the rules, you obviously don't have to go to the games. Do they still make students sign an agreement before the season starts regarding the rules of the arena?

Simple as that.

And, I don't know if it was the student section, but whoever started the wave was just dumb. It was a 2-1 game with 10 minutes to go.

I would agree, as nice as the new Ralph is the atmosphere in the old arena was 10 times better. :(:angry:

Who started this standing stuff anyway, the Dukies?

There wasn't a better student atmosphere anywhere than at the old Ralph and we didn't stand the entire game.

This is hockey - not basketball. Standing does not equal atmosphere.

1. You complain about the student ticket process

2. You complain about the policies at The Ralph

If you don't like the rules, you obviously don't have to go to the games.

So do A LOT of the other students, I'm not the only one... I'm just one of the very few who voices my very blunt opinion whether people like it or not, it has to be said. Another thing, people know who I am and voice their complaints to me because they KNOW I'll let it be heard to whoever needs to hear it.

And you're right, I don't HAVE to go to the games... But I DO because I am probably the biggest Sioux fan ever. I go to most of the other sporting events as well, not JUST the men's hockey games like most "Sioux fans"...

So nobody tell ME that I can't let the students' voices be heard. Because it's NOT just me... :(

Who started this standing stuff anyway, the Dukies?

There wasn't a better student atmosphere anywhere than at the old Ralph and we didn't stand the entire game.

This is hockey - not basketball. Standing does not equal atmosphere.

And neither does sticking your thumb up your arse. If at times people would put half the effort into cheering that they put into complaining about the students, it would be a helluva atmosphere too. Students stood up last night and cheered and REA acts like the students are clubbing baby dolphins. :(

I think many of the problems with atmosphere at REA can be traced to the fact that students don't feel like they'll be allowed to do things. They have been so stifled the last few years, that they don't do much of anything anymore and that is unfortunate.

Why were they chanting stand up old folk? I know the upper bowl was chanting "stand up lower bowl" which was then funny when the lower bowl got yelled at. But I didn't hear anybody chanting anything about old folk.

So do A LOT of the other students, I'm not the only one... I'm just one of the very few who voices my very blunt opinion whether people like it or not, it has to be said. Another thing, people know who I am and voice their complaints to me because they KNOW I'll let it be heard to whoever needs to hear it.

And you're right, I don't HAVE to go to the games... But I DO because I am probably the biggest Sioux fan ever. I go to most of the other sporting events as well, not JUST the men's hockey games like most "Sioux fans"...

So nobody tell ME that I can't let the students' voices be heard. Because it's NOT just me... ;)

That is a very bold statement for someone of your age! I don't care if the students stand throughout the game and IMO the atmosphere in the old Ralph was much better, but you ruin your crediblity with statements like that.

So nobody tell ME that I can't let the students' voices be heard. Because it's NOT just me... ;)

Do you feel better after capitalizing certain words? I can read as well as everyone else on the board, we know you aren't happy. I get it. Probably everyone gets it on here.

"Since you're the biggest Sioux fan ever"?...Please. You go to more sporting events than just men's hockey?...Great. So did I when I was student. So did a lot of other students. I probably don't need to tell you this, but there's people on this board and outside of here who have done more, donated more, and attended more games than you have in your lifetime.

I'm not trying to pick fights or start arguments. I merely stated that every student that gets student tickets knows the rules of The Ralph before you get in the door. Maybe you don't like them, I didn't like them when I was student. But I knew what was ok and what wasn't. It's pretty cut and dry.

One last thing: No one is telling you not to let the student's voices be heard. I sure didn't say that. But bitching and moaning on a message board doesn't do much good. Use your title at UND(whatever it may be) and go negotiate some new policies for at The Ralph since you don't like them. In Person.

Just make sure you tell them you are the "Biggest Sioux Fan Ever".

Will that big guy with the blond mullet be in St Paul. He's a trooper.

He is on every roadtrip it seems. I have seen him for hockey and football wherever I have gone. Also, it isn't quite a mullet is it? I think short in front, party in the back for a mullet.

because I am probably the biggest Sioux fan ever. I go to most of the other sporting events as well, not JUST the men's hockey games like most "Sioux fans"...

I appreciate your frustration, but to come on here and imply that no one else can even compare to you as a Sioux fan is quite outrageous. I have been going to UND hockey games probably twice as long as you've been alive - I have not only had season tickets for the past 15 years to hockey, but I've also had season tickets to football and men's and women's basketball. I have had these tickets not only while I have lived in Grand Forks, but also when I was living 120 miles away. I am not saying any of this to toot my own horn because there are many fans that are just as dedicated as I am and many more who are even more dedicated, but I was quite insulted by your statements. ;)

here we go again..

season ticket holders(who dont do much more than clap at games) vs. und students.

i think ill sit out on this one and watch.

one thing though. who the hell cares if someone uses the CAPS button for certain words. bitching about how someone types a few words makes you just as silly as the next person to express their opinion on here...

I appreciate your frustration, but to come on here and imply that no one else can even compare to you as a Sioux fan is quite outrageous. I have been going to UND hockey games probably twice as long as you've been alive - I have not only had season tickets for the past 15 years to hockey, but I've also had season tickets to football and men's and women's basketball. I have had these tickets not only while I have lived in Grand Forks, but also when I was living 120 miles away. I am not saying any of this to toot my own horn because there are many fans that are just as dedicated as I am and many more who are even more dedicated, but I was quite insulted by your statements. ;)

Game set and match.

I agree, I just had someone call me a non fan because I had to stay home and parent my child. ;) God the humanity. At a ripe old age of 8 months I am already socializing her to be a hockey fan. While I agree college is about the college students and them being rowdy I am sick and tired of being told us Season ticket holders don't cheer make any noise -- Barbra Streisand . That is just silly.

The guys I go to the games with cheer clap and yell at the refs with the best of them all the while the people around us sit in their

seat not making a sound.

Game set and match.

I agree, I just had someone call me a non fan because I had to stay home and parent my child. ;) God the humanity. At a ripe old age of 8 months I am already socializing her to be a hockey fan. While I agree college is about the college students and them being rowdy I am sick and tired of being told us Season ticket holders don't cheer make any noise -- Barbra Streisand . That is just silly.

The guys I go to the games with cheer clap and yell at the refs with the best of them all the while the people around us sit in their

seat not making a sound.

Well, I'm a "non-fan" because I only get to about 1 game a year, I talk a lot and "know little," I whine a lot, I usually sit wherever I can rather than in the posh sections with Chauncy, Beauregard, and Froedrich, I've never played hockey before, I'm not willing to overly criticize certain players, I'm not pro-ND over everywhere else....

I don't know... the list can go on. It really doesn't matter that my income is well below the poverty line (I saw it estimated between $9,000/year and $14,760/year)... I guess I'm just a poor peon. ;)

It used to offend me. Now, it's become so much of a joke that I find amusement by it.

Well, I'm a "non-fan" because I only get to about 1 game a year, I talk a lot and "know little," I whine a lot, I usually sit wherever I can rather than in the posh sections with Chauncy, Beauregard, and Froedrich, I've never played hockey before, I'm not willing to overly criticize certain players, I'm not pro-ND over everywhere else....

I don't know... the list can go on. It really doesn't matter that my income is well below the poverty line (I saw it estimated between $9,000/year and $14,760/year)... I guess I'm just a poor peon. ;)

It used to offend me. Now, it's become so much of a joke that I find amusement by it.

Ah, don't worry youre still a good fan in my opinion. ;) Still want to find out if your really as bad at golf as you say you are?