SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs ST. CLOUD

AZSIOUX

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im guessing we won't know whats going on with tj anytime soon, but i can't imagine that it is too bad if hennesey was laughing? wishful thinking. hope the boys get rested up and sweep the huskies out of town next weekend, since the seniors didn't get a stick salute this weekend.

I saw him get on the ice, take a couple of strides and go right back into the box. My seat mates saw him come out later and he did the same thing. Whatever it is, I hope he's ok. I don't want to know what it is because if I know then the opposition will know. They already ride his back when ever he's on the ice, I'd hate to see what would happen if they tried to go after his 'weak' spot. Lots of penalties on us, for sure!!

so let me get this straight gopherz... from nd, a goofer fan (when they're winning :D ), a duke bb fan, and skipping out on the final five? not that you will miss anything at the final five, cause the purple cows are going to finish you off next weekend. :silly:

From ND, true.

A Gopher fan, well now that I go here, ALWAYS.

A Duke Bball fan, have been my whole life.

Skipping out on the Final Five because its spring break and I'll be in AZSIOUX territory soaking up the sun.

Purple Cows = DEAD! :D

I saw him get on the ice, take a couple of strides and go right back into the box. My seat mates saw him come out later and he did the same thing. Whatever it is, I hope he's ok. I don't want to know what it is because if I know then the opposition will know. They already ride his back when ever he's on the ice, I'd hate to see what would happen if they tried to go after his 'weak' spot. Lots of penalties on us, for sure!!

He came onto the ice a couple times in the first period. He started the second but couldn't really push off. At the whistle he really favored the one leg (right) as he went into the box.

The good news is that it wasn't so bad he didn't want to give it a try. I've seen guys come back quickly with this kind of behavior. Let's hope he does.

Is it surprising that the Sioux were lacking something without three of their most dynamic players, Oshie, Trupp and Gennoway.

Question, the check at the end of OT on Watkins looked like a clip to me. Anyone else think so?

i could of swore i saw oshie grab the back of his left leg after taking about three strides away from the bench. I figured he pulled a muscle or something, but when he didn't return i started to wonder. Hope is okay. It is hard to imagine a playoff run with out him

i could of swore i saw oshie grab the back of his left leg after taking about three strides away from the bench. I figured he pulled a muscle or something, but when he didn't return i started to wonder. Hope is okay. It is hard to imagine a playoff run with out him

He threw a monster check in his first shift down in the offensive zone corner. I didn't notice any trouble getting up or getting off the ice. When he didn't come back for his next shift I thought it might be an upper body injury for that reason. However the one shift he played in the 2nd it sure looked like a lower body thing.

lets go sioux!!! lets go sioux!!! the ralph sounded loud for a while there. lets take this one in ot. scsu is deadly on the pp.

I was definitely trying to get the crowd (at least around ME) more into the game. The crowd was pretty lame tonight, though. People wouldn't even stand up in overtime, pretty disappointed with the way the crowds have been this year. (end rant)

I was also quite disappointed in our team this weekend. It just didn't seem like they were playing with much heart. Time to get our crap together. (end rant)

You've got that right...I was at last night's game, and they looked terrible at first...got a little better as the game went on.

It really depends on which team shows up...tDogs that played hard and got the win tonight, or tDogs that went scoreless in 3 straight games...

If we can stick to talking hockey, then yeah, we can have a truce.

Why don't you two go love each other up on a private chat. actually....umdDogz can stay because you' actually care about hockey. 0-pherZ- go away troll! the 0 stands for your i.q.

Kato sweeps 4-2, 5-1. Lots of empty seats at the X!

and i didn't see this brought up yet, but in my opionan the seniors had a great game. They seemed to produce consistently good decisions. Great way to play on senior night.

Radke had two or three huge hits and i can't remember any huge mistakes

Bina played very well, breaking up countless odd man advantages

JPL is obvious

Kaip continued to play well almost capatilzing on several chances

Great season seniors! But it's not over yet!

He threw a monster check in his first shift down in the offensive zone corner. I didn't notice any trouble getting up or getting off the ice. When he didn't come back for his next shift I thought it might be an upper body injury for that reason. However the one shift he played in the 2nd it sure looked like a lower body thing.

If anyone recorded the game they should look at the one shift the Oshie played in the 2nd period. After he shot the puck and the SCSU goalie covered it up he turned behind the net. When he was turning he did not put any weight on his inside leg (right). His foot was actually barely touching the ice. I know it is speculation but it appeared like he had issues with that leg/ankle. Did anyone else notice this?

On a positive note I do not think they would have let him try to go if the injury was too serious.

If anyone recorded the game they should look at the one shift the Oshie played in the 2nd period. After he shot the puck and the SCSU goalie covered it up he turned behind the net. When he was turning he did not put any weight on his inside leg (right). His foot was actually barely touching the ice. I know it is speculation but it appeared like he had issues with that leg/ankle. Did anyone else notice this?

On a positive note I do not think they would have let him try to go if the injury was too serious.

I thought I noticed the same thing. Right after that Hak said something to Poolman and Oshie left for the rest of the game. I agree that if they thought it was something serious he probably wouldn't have came back out. Hopefully they were just being carefull as we have more important games than the one played tonight.

Alright now where is the cracker that about 8-9 weeks ago cashed in this season and was embarrasingly down on the Sioux...you know who you are slap nutz...I hope not to see your sorry aZZ on the Sioux bandwagon now come playoff time!

Cause that is the bottom line.....

The latest bracket (from USCHO poster Priceless):

1 CO College (WC)

2 Michigan (CC)

3 New Hampshire (HE)

4 North Dakota (WC)

5 Miami (CC)

6 Denver U (WC)

7 Clarkson (EC)

8 Boston Coll (HE)

9 St Cloud (WC)

10 Mich State (CC)

11 MSU-Mankato (WC)

12 Minnesota (WC)

13 Boston Univ (HE)

14 Wisconsin (WC)

UR BSU

UR Army

Worcester -- Albany -- Madison -- Colorado Springs

UNH -- UND -- Mich -- CC

Denver -- Miami -- Clark -- BC

Mankato -- Minn -- MSU -- SCSU

Army -- BU -- Wisc -- BSU

Going from UMN yesterday to BU today. Ouch. I really hope we can get top 2 overall otherwise our first round game will be tough.

Ok, tonight was the first game I made it to this year. Took my 7 year old daughter to her first Sioux game. We got to the arena, and were waiting at the concession line near our section. My wife's step-father was at the game, a guest of Rydell Chevrolet, in the suite level. He and my mother in law were attending, so he came upstairs to bring my daughter and I down to the suite level. My daughter was on the scoreboard, holding up the sign I made for her, which said "My 1st Sioux Game!" She loved it!

Anyways, enough of the good stuff. I missed seeing what happed to Oshie, and it was about 7-8 minutes in that I noticed he wasn't on his usual line, and I couldn't see him on the bench. Hope that injury isn't too serious. As far as the rest of the game went, I wasn't too impressed. Defense looked great, most of the time, and JPL was solid. Offensively, it didn't look too good. Although, in our team's defense, St. Cloud did a pretty good job of jamming the forwards when they came into the zone, not letting them shoot. When the Sioux did get a shot off, it was usually right into their goalie. The 2nd goal by the Sioux was a great tip, wish a few more of those would have happened.

One thing I am soooooooooooooooooooo happy for, it's playoff time, meaning NO MORE TIES!!!

I like the bracket that has us playing Bu with Miami and Mankato in as well. I don't think BU is that good. Obviously we need to play better or we won't beat anyone but that would be a sweet bracket.

I don't think we will see TJ playing next week from the little bit I have heard. Hopefully, he can play in the Final Five or the regional at the latest.

Next w/e could be very tough if we are without TJ, Chay, and Trupp. I fully expect both TJ and Chay back by at least the regionals. If they can play well without them I like our chances for #8 when they come back. We need some other players to step up and surprise us, like Kaip did two years ago in the Final Five scoring two goals on Wisc.

If we have to win 1-0 or 2-1 games that's OK too. We have the best goalie and the best set of defenseman in college hockey and they are up to the task.

I don't think we will see TJ playing next week from the little bit I have heard. Hopefully, he can play in the Final Five or the regional at the latest.

Next w/e could be very tough if we are without TJ, Chay, and Trupp. I fully expect both TJ and Chay back by at least the regionals. If they can play well without them I like our chances for #8 when they come back. We need some other players to step up and surprise us, like Kaip did two years ago in the Final Five scoring two goals on Wisc.

If we have to win 1-0 or 2-1 games that's OK too. We have the best goalie and the best set of defenseman in college hockey and they are up to the task.

huh? All i heard he was sick :silly:

He came onto the ice a couple times in the first period. He started the second but couldn't really push off. At the whistle he really favored the one leg (right) as he went into the box.

The good news is that it wasn't so bad he didn't want to give it a try. I've seen guys come back quickly with this kind of behavior. Let's hope he does.

Is it surprising that the Sioux were lacking something without three of their most dynamic players, Oshie, Trupp and Gennoway.

Question, the check at the end of OT on Watkins looked like a clip to me. Anyone else think so?

all over reacting. he obviously wasnt hurt if they let him try come back to the ice numerous times. He came back in the second for one shift and looked brutal, almost like he had an injury. Who has had the flu(stomach flu) where you basically had to hunch over due to the cramps or however to explain the flu-like symptoms?. I saw him sit on the bench over that shift, sat down and held his stomach/chest like he was going go blow chuncks. He walked down the hallway, and came back and watched the game for about 30 seconds by the glass and then walked back down the tunnel. Honestly I think he is fine. Listening to the post game report they said something about injury and illness effecting the team, SO OBVIOUSLY, this is oshies case. "For what I heard, Oshie will be out for awhile" what a joke. HAHA.

On the post game radio show last night, TH got done interviewing Martens and then spotted Oshie. TH asked Oshie across the way, "Are you going to be alright?" Then TH said half laughing something to the effect TJ said he'll be alright he just can't walk. It was TJ's right ankle that was injuried from my take. You could easily tell when the hit the ice to begin the second period he was really favoring the right foot and skate. My educated guess is a (high) ankle sprain. If he tried to play beginning the second, he has a good shot to play next weekend. The bigger question will they play TJ?? Should be able to beat Tech without him and you chance further injury if he is not 100%.

I like the bracket that has us playing Bu with Miami and Mankato in as well. I don't think BU is that good. Obviously we need to play better or we won't beat anyone but that would be a sweet bracket.

As a Sioux fan living in Boston, I follow BU, and be careful for what we wish for, BU is one of the hottest teams in the country. Since the Beanpot they have won 9 out of 10 games and are playing their best hockey of the season. This is a team that is fifth in the nation in scoring and had a pathetic defense the first half of the season. Parker changed the way the defense plays and now they are limiting shots on net and they are getting great goaltending. They won the final series of the year with Providence and shut them out both games. This team is on a mission since not making it to the Beanpot finals in 13 years

1 CO College (WC)

2 Michigan (CC)

3 New Hampshire (HE)

4 North Dakota (WC)

5 Miami (CC)

6 Denver U (WC)

7 Clarkson (EC)

8 Boston Coll (HE)

9 St Cloud (WC)

10 Mich State (CC)

11 MSU-Mankato (WC)

12 Minnesota (WC)

13 Boston Univ (HE)

14 Wisconsin (WC)

UR BSU

UR Army

Worcester -- Albany -- Madison -- Colorado Springs

UNH -- UND -- Mich -- CC

Denver -- Miami -- Clark -- BC

Mankato -- Minn -- MSU -- SCSU

Army -- BU -- Wisc -- BSU

Going from UMN yesterday to BU today. Ouch. I really hope we can get top 2 overall otherwise our first round game will be tough.

Ouch, UMD is the first team out...looks like we have our work cut out for us against DUmb. Some help from Bucky would be appreciated! :silly:

Went to the game last night and here's my thoughts (a little late):

1. Passing - Yeah, might need to work on that a bit.

2. Turnovers - Probably was because our passing stunk all night last night.

3. The Watkins goal was a thing of beauty.

4. We had two ties this weekend, but if I were SCSU, I'd take that as a sweep. If I were UND, I would take it as being swept. SCSU is good and all, but we missed so many chances it isn't even funny.

5. Our D as a whole had an up and down game. Overall, they played well defensively.

6. It was nice meeting Sioux-cia, Siouxmama, and Morley. It was not nice missing Goon, Sioux7, and LFSPro.

Not much to be happy about this weekend. We played well enough to survive but this type of stuff won't help us in the playoffs.

And Siouxfan/bufan- BU has won 9 of 10. UND has won 14, lost none, and tied the rest out of the last 16 (or 17) games. BU hasn't faced a team like UND yet this year. Though it is true that BU could possibly beat us, any team could beat any team in the NCAAs. I just don't see it happening...unless we continue to play like we did against SCSU.

Mark my words. Genoway will be back next week guaranteed.