SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs PIONEERS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No specific explanation is needed if you watched the whole game. Was at the game and I would say Lapoint was less than solid. He wasn't a liability but I would expect to see Marto tonight. Don't think Lapoint stood out enough to play tonight especially after how well Marto played vs. Minny. Marto skates better and might be a better option vs. DU who transitions so well.

In an earlier post you say that Lapoint isn't getting it done but when asked for examples you say you have none. Then you say he was less than solid. Then you say he wasn't a liability. Are there at least two different people posting as Oxbow6 :D To the Oxbow6 that posted he wasn't a liability I agree and anytime you can say that about a freshman D-man in the WCHA I think he deserves to be in the lineup.

We're going to need both Marto and Lapoint next year so trading them off is a good thing.

Yup.

And I think a lot of defensemen made mistakes last night, but so did most of the Sioux players.

I just can't believe all the negativity that is still heading towards our players though.

Sad.

Well, that's ok. I'm polar opposite really. I think every player we have is worth a lot to the team on or off the ice.

And I think Hakstol, Eades, and Co. make the right decision every time. So, if he plays, he deserves to play. If he doesn't then someone else deserved to play. It's black and white.

We're going to need both Marto and Lapoint next year so trading them off is a good thing.

Anyone know where the RPI predictor is to be found on this site? Jimdahl linked to it in the last week or so. I looked all around the menu that has the rankings, but couldn't find it.

Last time I checked hockey was a team game and the defense as a whole would be at blame not just one player.

I agree with you Whislter, we need to keep both players interested and playing.

In an earlier post you say that Lapoint isn't getting it done but when asked for examples you say you have none. Then you say he was less than solid. Then you say he wasn't a liability. Are there at least two different people posting as Oxbow6 :D To the Oxbow6 that posted he wasn't a liability I agree and anytime you can say that about a freshman D-man in the WCHA I think he deserves to be in the lineup.

Someone said in a post earlier that Lapoint was a liablity last night. The point I was trying to make was that is a stretch but as I stated earlier he looked lost at times and was not solid in his overall play. I think Marto has as much upside and deserves to play as much as Lapoint...that's it. Thanks for your 2 cents though. :)

Not blaming Hunt for the airline losing his luggage, but anyone who has flown as much as he has should know enough that items like your ref apparel, skates, should be carry on items.

since they were flying out of MSP are we sure there was not a plot by the gofer faithful? :D

Hunt was the referee. Apparently in the pre-game they said there was a mix-up in MSP and some of the luggage was lost. Hunt was wearing Freeman's shirt which I guess meant that the linesmen had to wear their jackets since Freeman's shirt was on Hunt's back. I was at the game and at first I thought maybe Freeman was the ref but then noticed he was a linesman like normal and it was definitely Hunt as the ref.

Never mind...not fast enough :D

I think he should keep the jersey. He didn't suck so much last night.

(I thought that he must be another Freeman as I did recognize the Freeman linesman.)

For all the remarks about who palyed poorly, etc., look at it this today. Today is Saturday February 16 - Would you rather be a Fighting Sioux or a Denver Pioneer. Now they've got some sorry feelings to work through.

On the other hand, why worry about how the Pios are feeling right now when we can have fun picking apart our own team.

Hey, at least we're consistent. We criticize our team win or lose! :D

On the other hand, why worry about how the Pios are feeling right now when we can have fun picking apart our own team.

Hey, at least we're consistent. We criticize our team win or lose! :D

Who are people picking apart? The defense? Because the defense did not perform good in the 2nd night and I think they know it. They got better in the 3rd. I fail to see how pointing out some things that were weak in the game would be considered dumping on the team. Now when people constantly criticize 1 player, I can see your point. The same goes for people who think 1 specific player should be playing over another. But the people who are just pointing out that the D wasn't up to par last night are not picking apart the team.

For those who watched the FSN-RM feed, how were the Denver announcers all night? How did they handle the 5th goal by us? When watching them against MN they didn't seem like the type of announcers to get too amped up during a game, but was just curious to see hear what they thought of the game.

For those who watched the FSN-RM feed, how were the Denver announcers all night? How did they handle the 5th goal by us? When watching them against MN they didn't seem like the type of announcers to get too amped up during a game, but was just curious to see hear what they thought of the game.

i thoguht they were very good the whole game. when kozek scored he raised his voice in excitement actually. check the video thread to hear them. all they did was compliment the ralph over and over and were very non homer announcers. refreshing compared to any other announcer in the wcha. they called it like it was for both sides.

They are my favorite announcers to listen to. I remember watching us play in Denver a couple of years ago and was very impressed with them. Very neutral and it seemsedthey really liked watching the hockey game turn around last night, even as Denver was losing the grip.

i thoguht they were very good the whole game. when kozek scored he raised his voice in excitement actually. check the video thread to hear them. all they did was compliment the ralph over and over and were very non homer announcers. refreshing compared to any other announcer in the wcha. they called it like it was for both sides.

Hey Ryan, I hear thru the grapevine that you forgot to call Grandma and let her know it was on tv in AZ...she had to listen to it on the radio...bad, grandson, bad bad bad. I'll let your grandpa know tonight!!!! lol

Hey Ryan, I hear thru the grapevine that you forgot to call Grandma and let her know it was on tv in AZ...she had to listen to it on the radio...bad, grandson, bad bad bad. I'll let your grandpa know tonight!!!! lol

hahaha, she doesnt have the channels on her tv so my #1 grandson status still remains in tact :D

Someone said in a post earlier that Lapoint was a liablity last night. The point I was trying to make was that is a stretch but as I stated earlier he looked lost at times and was not solid in his overall play. I think Marto has as much upside and deserves to play as much as Lapoint...that's it. Thanks for your 2 cents though. :)

I hate to be negative about a player but the situation is crying for it. I will say first that it was sweet to see our front line getting it on like last year.. finally!! Go Kozak-Lazer Boy...

I got on here today for one reason. To make sure all the wise Sioux fans were very aware of what I would call the LaPoint situation. I watched the game later last night on TVo and I was amazed at how bad LaPoint was playing. I noticed a few bad moves by him in the fist period and made a comment to my friend that he wasn't doing things to well so we started watching him. In the second period he was horrible and i mean Horrible. He was by 50 miles the worst player on the ice last night. He was getting baked to the puck by any pioneer within 20 feet further the puck from him. Then i started to notice his stride skating, he takes these little funny looking abbreviated strides and he is just plain slow!!!!!!!!! he gets beat at the fore-check, he SLAPS!!! at the puck. he passes to the wrong team. I have no problem going back on my recording and giving times of reference on these happenings.

I will say that anyone who thinks he was adequate either missed his play or is no judge of player performance.

Marto on the other hand is an excellent skater and a good decision maker. i would probably put him above Bina on the defensive side- and I am big on Bina.

I know Lapoint was a big time scorer in Wisc. and I hope he developes with us and am not suggesting that we quit on him-heck Finley used to suck. I'm just saying he shouldn't be out there in the stretch run unless he changes it up in a big way.

I'm sure Hak see's this and you WILL NOT see LaPoint in tourney play. Maybe next year

They were complimentary of everything UND all night. Fans, building, team, everything.

If you go into the Sioux Goals Videos thread you can watch the goals from last night, recorded from the FSN-RM feed and hear how excited the announcers get even when the Sioux score. It was great to watch. They were very good announcers from puck-drop to final horn.

Four of the videos can also be found in this article: http://blog.siouxsports.com/2008/02/16/fri...nd-vs-denver-2/

They were complimentary of everything UND all night. Fans, building, team, everything.

If you go into the Sioux Goals Videos thread you can watch the goals from last night, recorded from the FSN-RM feed and hear how excited the announcers get even when the Sioux score. It was great to watch. They were very good announcers from puck-drop to final horn.

Four of the videos can also be found in this article: http://blog.siouxsports.com/2008/02/16/fri...nd-vs-denver-2/

Sweet... :D

I hate to be negative about a player but the situation is crying for it. I will say first that it was sweet to see our front line getting it on like last year.. finally!! Go Kozak-Lazer Boy...

I got on here today for one reason. To make sure all the wise Sioux fans were very aware of what I would call the LaPoint situation. I watched the game later last night on TVo and I was amazed at how bad LaPoint was playing. I noticed a few bad moves by him in the fist period and made a comment to my friend that he wasn't doing things to well so we started watching him. In the second period he was horrible and i mean Horrible. He was by 50 miles the worst player on the ice last night. He was getting baked to the puck by any pioneer within 20 feet further the puck from him. Then i started to notice his stride skating, he takes these little funny looking abbreviated strides and he is just plain slow!!!!!!!!! he gets beat at the fore-check, he SLAPS!!! at the puck. he passes to the wrong team. I have no problem going back on my recording and giving times of reference on these happenings.

I will say that anyone who thinks he was adequate either missed his play or is no judge of player performance.

Marto on the other hand is an excellent skater and a good decision maker. i would probably put him above Bina on the defensive side- and I am big on Bina.

I know Lapoint was a big time scorer in Wisc. and I hope he developes with us and am not suggesting that we quit on him-heck Finley used to suck. I'm just saying he shouldn't be out there in the stretch run unless he changes it up in a big way.

I'm sure Hak see's this and you WILL NOT see LaPoint in tourney play. Maybe next year

Jeeze.

Bitter?

You remind me of someone...