SIOUX vs PIONEERS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ndk-den-0215.jpg

Lets make it a 10 game unbeaten streak at The Ralph!!

GO SIOUX

sioux_puck.gifsioux_puck.gifsioux_puck.gifsioux_puck.gifsioux_puck.gif

Big game tonight against a tough Denver team. They have struggled a little bit as of late, so expect them to come out hungry. We need 60 good minutes. Need to play Sioux hockey. There are no easy games in the WCHA. We'll need our leaders to step up. Goal tending will be key.

Big game tonight against a tough Denver team. They have struggled a little bit as of late, so expect them to come out hungry. We need 60 good minutes. Need to play Sioux hockey. There are no easy games in the WCHA. We'll need our leaders to step up. Goal tending will be key.

sounds like hak is on the boards with being suspended tonight ???

du won 2 games vs a bad gopher team but it is still 2 wins and thats a good thing. they are wothout ruegsegger (20 points) so thats a big loss. their goalie will be the key. mannino is their hope this weekend. go sioux

After 3 long weeks without watching a Sioux game i am soooo PUMPED for this series!!! ???

Yes lets see that unbeaten streak continued tonight.

Without Hak on the bench i am clueless how the sioux will come out in the first 2 min. i am not expecting to be much change but i guess only time will tell.

I want to see intensity, after 2 weeks off they need to get STRAIGHT BACK INTO IT. come out firing and i want to see a few big hits EARLY on.

I want to see the PP get some SHOTS tonight i do not want to see 10 passes and no shot. SHOOT THE PUCK BOYS, dont force a shot but take one that is there.

i hope to see Lammy solid in net tonight as he has been all season long, well rested and ready for another big weekend.

LETS GO SIOUX

:D

After 3 long weeks without watching a Sioux game i am soooo PUMPED for this series!!! ???

Yes lets see that unbeaten streak continued tonight.

Without Hak on the bench i am clueless how the sioux will come out in the first 2 min. i am not expecting to be much change but i guess only time will tell.

I want to see intensity, after 2 weeks off they need to get STRAIGHT BACK INTO IT. come out firing and i want to see a few big hits EARLY on.

I want to see the PP get some SHOTS tonight i do not want to see 10 passes and no shot. SHOOT THE PUCK BOYS, dont force a shot but take one that is there.

i hope to see Lammy solid in net tonight as he has been all season long, well rested and ready for another big weekend.

LETS GO SIOUX

:D

i wouldnt worry about phil and there is no reason for the team to come out the first 2 minutes any different if hak was on the bench. i think its a non issue once the puck drops overall. play sioux hockey and we will win.

Everyone's said it, but I'll say it again....this entire series may boil down to a good goaltending competition. Both teams are very skilled up front and with D. The question is, do we see the Mannino who played against MSUM or the one who played against UMTC? Either way, the Sioux need some dirty goals. Crash the net and grab the rebounds.

Let's go boys! I'm so pumped for this series! ???

per brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

UND's lines

10 Andrew Kozek--7 T.J. Oshie--16 Ryan Duncan

20 Matt Watkins--29 Chris VandeVelde--17 Rylan Kaip

22 Brad Malone--19 Evan Trupp--21 Matt Frattin

26 Kyle Radke--8 Ryan Martens--14 Brad Miller

4 Taylor Chorney--28 Robbie Bina

2 Joe Finley--5 Chay Genoway

6 Zach Jones--3 Derrick LaPoint

1 Phil Lamoureux

30 Aaron Walski

scratches - marto, davidson, forney.......zajac serving 1 game suspension

Denver's lines

9 Rhett Rakhshani--21 Tyler Bozak--14 Tom May

19 Kyle Ostrow--12 Jesse Martin--16 Anthony Maiani

17 Matt Glasser--22 Brian Gifford--8 Dustin Jackson

10 Stephen Cunningham--26 Julian Marcuzzi--27 Brandon Vossberg

4 Chris Butler--25 Cody Brookwell

11 J.P. Testwuide--7 Patrick Mullen

5 Andrew Thomas-2 Zach Blom

29 Peter Mannino

1 Marc Cheverie

Eades pre-game comments:

I don't think any momentum has been lost over the break. We need to keep it simple early on and get back into our game. It's not a bad time of the year to have a week off to get some guys some rest, and we'll be ready to go at it again tonight.

A lot of offensive talent on both sides of the ice. First goal is very important, but we've fought back when we haven't gotten it. We'll have to see how the PP's play out, but on paper, it looks like a low scoring game.

Their freshman line aren't 3 normal freshman. They're similar to Trupp and Frattin, and they've got half a season under the belt, so they're not freshman anymore. They haven't played in this building yet, so maybe that will have some affect on them.

Frattin is really playing his game, making solid plays and contributing. He may have tried to do too much early on, but now he's found his game. Hopefully, him and Trupp can get something going.

We've done a lot of good things and we just need to get back to basics on the PP. Need to get some shots, and hopefully get a few against Mannino. Every play doesn't have to be tic-tac-toe on the PP.

We have a number of different goals this year. First off is securing home ice, then advancing on to the F5, and then comes the big games.

Coach Hakstol is our leader. He's got everyone prepared for tonight. We just need to go out and execute the way he's designed the game plan.

A great night of hockey line up here on the tube in Michigan:

UND vs. Denver-FSC

MSU vs. Wis-FSP (They're mentionn the Kaip fight)

Washington vs. Florida-NHL Network

Detroit vs. Columbus-(Detroit sucking...)

Haven't been on the forum during a game in quite awhile. Looking forward to following the game via the eyes of other Sioux fans.

Sioux win tonight! Go Sioux.

A great night of hockey line up here on the tube in Michigan:

UND vs. Denver-FSC

MSU vs. Wis-FSP (They're mentionn the Kaip fight)

Washington vs. Florida-NHL Network

Detroit vs. Columbus-(Detroit sucking...)

Haven't been on the forum during a game in quite awhile. Looking forward to following the game via the eyes of other Sioux fans.

Sioux win tonight! Go Sioux.

We've got Maine BU here too (NESN)

DROP THE PUCK!

Gasboy has banned me from Sensers because of my poor record there, so the Sioux better win now.

That's why I had to move so far away...so I wouldn't be tempted to go to games. My record isn't so hot either ??? (or it's because I'm a weenie and couldn't handle the cold weather anymore)

The DU announcers just said Duncan and Oshie might be the best two forwards in the nation.

Maybe I'm just too used to watching them play, but I think I would disagree. Though it could be, like I said, that I'm just used to it so it doesn't seem as amazing anymore. I'm spoiled.....

Hard to say. You can't really compare them to Kevin Porter in the CCHA, because they actually let him play without getting mobbed, and not calling any penalties. I would say Oshie is one of the top forwards, if not the top. I think Duncan will be back for his senior year.