SiouxSports.com Forum

Saturday Night - No Sioux Hockey

farce poobah

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Early in the evening we had moved into 5th in pairwise alone, but after Denver's win, they flipped us, so we're at 6 and Denver is at 5. :)

with their win that was gona happen. hell of a matchup coming up at the ralph. 5th and 6th pairwise teams!!

This isn't news to anyone, but MN's PP ineptitude is really stunning. They did manage to score against UND, going 2-5 on December 7 (a date which will live in infamy). Since then, excluding the series against Wayne State (which had already sold some of its equipment in its going out of business sale), in which they went 3 for 9, they are a combined 1 for 43 over 13 games. The "1" was on a 5 x 3 advantage against Wisconsin. I guess it's all the more shocking to me since it's MN we're talking about, and if there's one thing they've always been good at, it's scoring on the PP. It'll be interesting to see how much of an impact Ness and Schroeder have on the PP next year.

This isn't news to anyone, but MN's PP ineptitude is really stunning. They did manage to score against UND, going 2-5 on December 7 (a date which will live in infamy). Since then, excluding the series against Wayne State (which had already sold some of its equipment in its going out of business sale), in which they went 3 for 9, they are a combined 1 for 43 over 13 games. The "1" was on a 5 x 3 advantage against Wisconsin. I guess it's all the more shocking to me since it's MN we're talking about, and if there's one thing they've always been good at, it's scoring on the PP. It'll be interesting to see how much of an impact Ness and Schroeder have on the PP next year.

I can't EVER remember MN being at the bottom of the PP standings.

Another amazing stat: Denver's PK, for the WCHA season, has allowed 1 net goal, in 88 opportunities. And CC is doing even better - net zero goals allowed on their PK. Here I thought the Sioux PK was good.

http://www.collegehockeystats.net/0708/confstats/wcham

Special Teams Net: PPF SHA PP PPA SHF SH NET

1 Colorado College 15 2 +13 7 7 0 +13

2 Denver 13 3 +10 7 6 -1 +9

3 North Dakota 18 2 +16 12 2 -10 +6

St. Cloud State 17 4 +13 9 2 -7 +6

5 Minnesota Duluth 9 2 +7 10 5 -5 +2

6 Michigan Tech 11 1 +10 15 0 -15 -5

Minnesota 9 4 +5 12 2 -10 -5

8 Wisconsin 12 6 +6 15 2 -13 -7

9 Minnesota State 13 4 +9 20 2 -18 -9

10 Alaska Anchorage 10 2 +8 20 2 -18 -10

Was the whole building in Denver bored half-way through the 3rd? The crowd was quiet (but it sounds like that's always the case?), Frank and Doug were bored, and even the players looked like they were walking their dogs the last 3 minutes.

I was afraid maybe we woke up the sleeping gopher, but apparently not.

Was the whole building in Denver bored half-way through the 3rd? The crowd was quiet (but it sounds like that's always the case?), Frank and Doug were bored, and even the players looked like they were walking their dogs the last 3 minutes.

I was afraid maybe we woke up the sleeping gopher, but apparently not.

That is Magness for ya. Home town crowd...DEAD!

this may have been posted but here it is if not,

canasius vs rit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwWWx8yazFs

what a stupid move by the official to send 2 players from 1 team to the box creating a 5 on 3 fight, thats why the player comes flying out of the box and drops a rit guy :silly: then the goalies :lol:

This must be staged. There were no green jerseys to be seen. :huh:

... and people went crazy over some minor altercations in the Sioux vs. gopher series. I would bet that Wisconsin and Mankato have a few altercations that surpass what went on the other weekend.

A quick check of the penalties in MN's games last weekend shows

CFB - White

Double-Roughing - Bickel

Roughing - Carman

Roughing - Wehrs

CI - Wehrs I'm not sure what a CI is, but I thought I read somewhere this fracas was caused by the gophers running into Mannino.

I'm sure MN didn't cause ANY of these issues either. Seems like MN has been involved in a lot of roughing penalties 2 weeks in a row. Common denominator? :silly: