SiouxSports.com Forum

Hak Suspended Two Games

CASiouxfan

Looks like we definitely disagree! :lol: When you say cursing is something that affects others, I don't know how you can ignore those that see you flipping the bird and not say that's the same thing.

Again, when you fly the bird you are cursing out that individual, saying "f you". If Hak says "f that" or "that's fing baloney" no one cares. But if he yells "f you Adam!" it's the same thing, except only Adam and the players here him (unless he's on tv). But when he flies the bird the whole arena can see it.

So yes, to me, there's quite a difference.

You right........when a coach yells at a ref "there's no f'n way thats a penalty", that just fine. BUT, when he makes it personal, by saying "F you', or gives him the finger (which I think is the exact same thing), that coach is going to get tossed regardless of what sport it is or what level.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the last post regarding the WCHA officials and the entire WCHA office for having the most pathetic group of candy asses that stick out their chests because they purchased the WCHA Officials patch and red band at Wal Mart in Denver.

The referees in the WCHA are the worst in college hockey. I'd say promote the young up and coming linesmen that get #1 skate, which 3/4 of the referees can't keep up w/ the play; always out of positon to call goals, no goals, ooh I can't see the puck squirt through the goalies legs laying on the goal line; have to skate over to the players box to explain every single penalty (what a joke!); don't have the balls to make the call at the scorers table then simply skate away; get rid of instant replay because they make the wrong decision 8 out of 10 and lose games at the final buzzer; have a clown who runs the Officials Corp thinking he's God's gift to officiating.

Whew.

I have lots more where that came from.

If the league would suspend the AR who physically pulled Bradley Malone's facemask all the way around his head until it was left hanging then threw him in the penalty box because he wears one of Sheppard's patches. That just isn't right. Maybe Malone should have met him just before the linesmen had drinks laughing about the game Saturday night at Stubbs & Herb's. Then we would see how tough this punk is not wearing his "Superman" jersey.

The kids have consequences. The coaches have consequences. The WCHA Officials are above God in the eyes of Bruce McCleod.

That's where all the problems begin and fester.

The WCHA attracts the absolute best and most skilled players year in and year out. Yet, the NHL is more suited for the skilled players now so they leave early.

What does the NCAA and the WCHA say to T.J. Oshie in the first game of the season after he scored the previous shift.

"Get in the box .. no go to your corner .. you are the highly touted kid going to St. Louis .. we will show you what the WCHA will do to you and penalize you as much as possible and let every player in this league hook, slash, cross-check, spear and butt end you. You little S.O.B we will show you."

The kid flat out should have left and laughed while going to the bank. Look at JT. Barring injury would have been ROTY no doubt. In the WCHA, always injured due to goons kneeing, slashing and tackling him.

Why do you ask UND is so strong in the playoffs and makes the last three Frozen Fours. Because we don't deal w/ WCHA refs.

Everything starts and ends with WCHA officials. They are a joke and they represent the best league in College Hockey.

Over the last few years, I have seen a huge raft of Sioux, WCHA, and NCAA games. Lucky me.

Last night, I went to see the Wild and the Wings play. I have often read of people here noting the difference between officiating in the NHL and in college hockey, especially the WCHA.

Wow. What a difference. College hockey is the greatest game on earth. I can hardly imagine how much greater it would be if the games were called like they are in the NHL. While we're at it, let's bring back the old college hockey fighting rules as well.

I am a convert. The WCHA needs to do something about its refereeing program. It's starting to look too much like Hee Haw.

I think it is funny that Hak can't even watch the game from a Sky Box, he has to be off the premises.

It's gonna damned near kill the guy. He is so full of passion and love for the game and for his team.

Imagine, if you will, that you had to spend a part of your fall hunting days not only without a gun and a license in hand, but also away from your "arena," the great North Dakota prairie, and instead watch hunting shows on TV while all of your buddies, and their dogs, were out chasing down birds in the fresh autumn air. All because of a flip of a finger in the heat of passion, seen by folks who do not approve. Not too funny.

It's gonna be a real drag weekend for Coach Hakstol. He has well learned his "lesson." All of us, as lesser hacks, can go about our day cussing and moaning, and flipping the finger with impunity. A lousy finger. Big flipping deal. There was no harm to the finger twenty or thirty years ago. What is the big harm of it now? My God, my God!! The finger!!! Let's all grow some skin and grow some balls. Even if we cannot all grow some hair.

TV, cell phones, and technology have dented many a good man. Hak now wears that badge as well.

He is no less of a man, no less of a husband, no less of a father, no less of a coach, no less of a fine University representative, and no less of a public figure because of it. Time to give it all a rest.

It's gonna damned near kill the guy. He is so full of passion and love for the game and for his team.

Imagine, if you will, that you had to spend a part of your fall hunting days not only without a gun and a license in hand, but also away from your "arena," the great North Dakota prairie, and instead watch hunting shows on TV while all of your buddies, and their dogs, were out chasing down birds in the fresh autumn air. All because of a flip of a finger in the heat of passion, seen by folks who do not approve. Not too funny.

I agree it would be tough, nice analogy as well. :lol:

will the wcha have suspension police in the locker to see if hak calls them between periods? :lol:

all he has to do is dress in a disguise :lol: like bobby valentine did whe he got kicked out of a game with the ny mets..classic :D

BEFORE

a_valentine_i.jpg

AFTER

468724115_3a2c357f61.jpg

That you fit the typical stereotype of a person who lacks knowledge and lives their life vercariously through a bunch of kids playing hockey who you worship as idols.

I would like to apologize to hermit, and the entire SS community for my comments on page three of this thread. I'm disappointed in myself for allowing my emotions to get the better of me.......

Immature, yes. I didn't expect you to find the humor in my reply, but I find humor in yours. And I live vercariously(sp?) through my children not through hockey players, thank you very much. You may not be far off when you say I worship sioux players as idols though, my ornate shrine with plaster falices of each player and coach would probably agree with you (my knees hurt). If only I could find within myself a way to be more atypical, unstereotypical and knowledgeable. Wait.... I could find a thread where I disagree with everyone and spout irrelevant comments using big words that make me feel smart, so on and so forth. You win!

(is that what you want?)

Peace, Love and SIOUX HOCKEY............bitches

He is no less of a man, no less of a husband, no less of a father, no less of a coach, no less of a fine University representative, and no less of a public figure because of it. Time to give it all a rest.

:lol: So be it

It's gonna be a real drag weekend for Coach Hakstol. He has well learned his "lesson." All of us, as lesser hacks, can go about our day cussing and moaning, and flipping the finger with impunity. A lousy finger. Big flipping deal. There was no harm to the finger twenty or thirty years ago. What is the big harm of it now? My God, my God!! The finger!!! Let's all grow some skin and grow some balls. Even if we cannot all grow some hair.

TV, cell phones, and technology have dented many a good man. Hak now wears that badge as well.

Sweet Jesus NDH, that was one helluva post. You must be a writer or something....professor perhaps? If not, you should be. As usual, dead right.

Sweet Jesus NDH, that was one helluva post. You must be a writer or something....professor perhaps? If not, you should be. As usual, dead right.

That is true NDH but you still have to take responsibility for your actions. I mean come on NDH if Lucia did that we would all be calling for his head. What Hak did was Bobby Knight like and he deserves the suspension he received. I am as big a Sioux hockey fan as there is and this forum is awesome......BUT you cannot do that PERIOD!! You think a top flight 8th or 9th grade recruit sitting in the stands is going to see that and be impressed??

What?? too harsh?? come on, you guys are so lame on discipline. Bina, Oshie and Towes(?) should have had 2 games out last yr. for the minor in a bar incident. Now Hextall (i know, hakstol) finally gets whats due. No one flips a ref off anywhere without consequences. In Fargo, where everyone wants to live, SU benched Jake Morris 2 games for stealin a sweater from Penneys, and benched Gordon for kickin in a window at a keg party at Moorhead State and should have done a better job when Rocky let those 2 guys off (Reggie Scott?) for the snowball fight with the campus cops. This is lame treatment for your nukker coach as he still gets full pay. The only thing you gotta worry about its that Eades loves this cause he wants the job so bad, he can taste it. Yea baby, go pea in an elevator and try get out of that, even if the power goes out. Ha, Ha, Ha.

He only flipped off an official, it's not like he knocked up a cheerleader or anything like that.

That is true NDH but you still have to take responsibility for your actions. I mean come on NDH if Lucia did that we would all be calling for his head. What Hak did was Bobby Knight like and he deserves the suspension he received. I am as big a Sioux hockey fan as there is and this forum is awesome......BUT you cannot do that PERIOD!! You think a top flight 8th or 9th grade recruit sitting in the stands is going to see that and be impressed??

Nope, any intelligent and skilled kid who gets to watch several games probably wouldn't want to spend any of his hockey career being subject to WCHA officiating.