SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Seawolves

Siouxdonyms

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about that many shots, as UAA plays a trap defense, but to be outplayed like we were is unacceptable.

O.k. maybe not that many shots, but you're definitely right about being outplayed. It is completely unacceptable. they won't be able to do this next weekend and beat mn. they're definitely going to have to play much better.

Hakstol's post-game comments:

Phil Stole 2 points for us tonight. I guess things have a way of evening out. The 2nd period was our worst of the year. It is what it is. Not going to get to negative about anything tonight. We've walked away from rinks wondering what we had to do to get a win...tonight, we got one from the opposite perspective.

We weren't moving or checking. We played absolutely slow in our own zone. Compound that with selfish penalties...those are mental mistakes.

The positive light...we got 2 points and in the 3rd period, we regained composure. It wasn't a great period by any means, but compared to the 2nd. Phil made the save on the PP with 4 or 5 minutes left. On a night like this when 19 guys aren't going, the one guy between the pipes made the difference.

It's natural for the other team to feed off our play. I told their coach that if they keep playing like that.... We've been on the other end where we've lost 2 points and for whatever reason, we got the 2 points tonight. There will be some sore bodies. We stood around so much tonight, so no speed was involved, so maybe it won't be that bad.

We have to take tomorrow off, and get focused again on Monday. Another weekend in the WCHA next weekend.

Most important, we continue to get separation from 4-9 in the league. What happens in the top 3, who knows. We've got all the points we can possibly get now, and they have to come back and win their games (Denver).

This games in the garbage can. I'm not going to over analyze it and be too critical, but we'll look at it.

With a sweep next weekend when can get even closer to CC because CC doesn't have a WCHA game next weekend.....Oh baby its after the new year so watch out here comes the Sioux

CC and UND both have played 20 games, so CC will have a chance to make up the points. DU has played 4 less games than either UND or CC. The max points for each team is:

CC 47

UND 42

DU 48

so CC needs to stumble more and UND needs to keep its sweep streak going (especially against Denver).

Most importantly, the top three have separated themselves from the rest of the field. No #4 vs # 5 play-in game for the Sioux unless there's a major breakdown.

Well that was one UGLY hockey game. ??? EVERYBODY got walked around tonight, and there was a steady stream to the penalty box in the second and third. The only thing that saved our bacon there was that UAA had a tendency to take a penalty at some point during our penalty.

UAA played well, but the Sioux played worse. There is no way we come out with a win like that against anyone else left on the schedule. UMTC is very hungry for points, DU is playing for #1 seed and St. Cloud and Duluth are scrambling for home ice. Need a full effort from everyone to keep this train on the tracks.

I'll take the win and the two points, but I really hope that the team can use this game as a real hard gut check and get back to playing the way we all know that they can play.

My one wish for tonight is for Matt Frattin to actually hit the net with one of his shots. Whenever he has an open look, he always misses high. It's scary. Early in the season, both games last week at Mankato when we were there, and last night. He always shoots high. Too High.

Please hit the net. The Back of it Preferably.

I had thought the same thing watching the game tonite. I think I can pick out 4 shots in the last 2 weekends that he's shot high and missed the net.

Of course, Tormey probably ducked!

Early in the season the team lost a couple of games they felt like they deserved to win. Tonite evens things out a little bit. Our WCHA point totals are pretty close to what we actually deserve. I don't think I've ever seen a game where the Sioux could seem to change things around too much. 13 shots?

Is AA that good or did the Sioux just make them look that good? I admit I was very impressed with the intensity that continued to bring shift after shift after shift. They seemed to just wear the Sioux down in the Sioux's defensive zone. Only Kaip's line seemed to have much success cycling the puck themselves.

Phil was excellent this weekend. Just fantastic. Thank you Phil!

Ugly.

2 points and another sweep.

But OMG was that an ugly game.

If Anchorage had anything approaching the skilled players that UND does, Saturday would've been a very lop-sided loss for the home team.

Sometimes an ugly win is a lot more important in the long run than a rout; I'm sure the eighteen UND players who stood around the whole game know they got away with one. The only guys who showed up were Lamoureux and TJ.

Interesting weekend coming up.

outshot 36-13 by the Seawolves....wow...that is pathetic. I realize shots on goal are not everything but if we play like this next weekend we will get swept......

It looked as if the Sioux were already thinking about the Gophers and next weekend. No one was moving their feet, the goal that counted was a blunder by Chorney. Oshie was one of the few that actually worked hard every shift. Everyone else looked like they were more interested in cross checking the opposition. Chay needs to have an extraction, his penalties were of the knuckle head kind. I think UND played down to their competition. I actually hope that UND can please play with effort this weekend against the Goofs.

You know what hurt UAA even more than all those supposed non-calls? That they insisted on taking penalties while on the power play. I don't remember them having a full 2 minute power play once this weekend. On every single one of their power plays, I believe they took a penalty. That's no one's fault but their own.