SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 UND Recruiting

AJS

42 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

Two new offers:

DE Zach Petersen, 6'5", 225, Eldridge (North Scott), IA  Has offer from IL

WR/DB Rico Payton III, 6'2", 180, St. Louis (Lindbergh), MO  Has offer from SIU (some sources have him already committed to SIU)

Payton committed to SIU in August, but since has received about 4 more offers.  So, not sure if there's other info out there that he's not a firm commit or what.......

I think Petersen ends up at Illinois.

44 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

Two new offers:

DE Zach Petersen, 6'5", 225, Eldridge (North Scott), IA  Has offer from IL

WR/DB Rico Payton III, 6'2", 180, St. Louis (Lindbergh), MO  Has offer from SIU (some sources have him already committed to SIU)

Illinois and Wisconsin loaded with talent, Bubba needs to recruit these areas harder.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Illinois and Wisconsin loaded with talent, Bubba needs to recruit these areas harder.  

I've been saying that for a while now.   Remember, I think it was 3 years ago that we had ZERO commits from WI.  Yes, Z*E*R*O.    Lets see, 3 years ago, now how old would those kids be now?

12 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

Have you seen this Killington dude’s Hudl?  Plays strong safety now ... think they’ve got him pegged for Mike LB.  Has competing offers from most of the service academies and a couple of non schollies. 

He looks about 190 soaking wet. 
Then again, that's what we had a MikeLB most of this season ... :(

10 hours ago, HSFootball Fan said:

Newbie here. Is UND close to done making offers?

Go to this site's home page.  At the bottom of the page, click on Wiki.  That will take you to listings of prospects, commitments and signings for FB, M & W BB and VB.  

I would guess that UND is not even close to being done making offers.

I believe I just saw this kid had 5 TD's in a playoff game down here tonight for #3 Chandler.   Not sure how to tell if he has a bunch of offers already or not, or if he would ever be considered since he is not in our area......or if coaches ever get info like this passed on from a common Joe football fan like me but thought I would post it.  He's got some nice size. 

https://www.hudl.com/profile/5263035/gunner-romney  

8 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

I believe I just saw this kid had 5 TD's in a playoff game down here tonight for #3 Chandler.   Not sure how to tell if he has a bunch of offers already or not, or if he would ever be considered since he is not in our area......or if coaches ever get info like this passed on from a common Joe football fan like me but thought I would post it.  He's got some nice size. 

https://www.hudl.com/profile/5263035/gunner-romney  

247 shows him committed to BYU.

20 hours ago, UND Fan said:

Go to this site's home page.  At the bottom of the page, click on Wiki.  That will take you to listings of prospects, commitments and signings for FB, M & W BB and VB.  

I would guess that UND is not even close to being done making offers.

Thanks, I have been watching that for quite a while. I wasn’t sure what the typical # of scholarship commitments UND has by this time and by signing day.

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

How’d he look?

He looked pretty good.  SCL is a run-option team so they ran  the majority of the time.  The QB only threw the ball 9 times in the game.  Nevertheless, the talent is definitely there.  He was targeted 7 times and caught 5 balls. The two misses were knocked down at the line of scrimmage and the other was a throw that was in double coverage that he couldn't quite bring it.  A couple of jump balls where he definitely had the advantage in height, but the QB underthrew him a bit so he had to adjust.  Ran some pretty good routes, including on his long TD catch and showed some decent speed.  He also had a great read on the Pequot QB on a interception and was the teams punted.  Had 2 punts for 83 yards. 

Think he ended up with 5-131 and 1 score in a rout or Pequot.  Pierz might give them a bigger challenge in the 3A title game.

He will be a nice addition to that WR core for sure.