SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Season

F'n Hawks

7 minutes ago, Milford torgerson said:

I like your ambition and vision but where are another 10000 students going to come from?

Especially when they like to praise the "higher admission" standards to have more students that will potentially graduate.

Probably online or more contracts to bring in Asian aviation students.

16 minutes ago, Cratter said:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/3863159-mens-hockey-injuries-become-concern-und-during-fridays-tie-bsu

The amount of players injured on this college hockey team is the same as this UND football team when comparing roster sizes.

What makes this comparison irrelevant is that UND hockey is one of the, if not the top program in all of college hockey. Same with NDSU in FCS. Because of that established excellence both teams have fantastic depth. UND football is just at the beginning of their D1 football journey and isnt there yet. That's the goal, though. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Cratter said:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/3863159-mens-hockey-injuries-become-concern-und-during-fridays-tie-bsu

The amount of players injured on this college hockey team is the same as this UND football team when comparing roster sizes.

Not the same Hockey rolls 4 lines, and can drop down to 3.  In fact a lot of schools play with just 3.  

2 minutes ago, Milford torgerson said:

If the FTE number I saw is correct we are not much above 10000 now.  The total enrollment number is around 15000 with 20%+ being online or off campus so putting 20000 students on campus in the next 8 years looks kinda undoable to me

In his defense, he never said on campus students.

50 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Yes an absolute scrub.  Please have some idea what you are talking about.  He is also an NFL quarterback.

https://247sports.com/Player/Cardale-Jones-16539/high-school-27354

Well, how much money did you win picking OSU to win the FBS title that year after their first two QB's went down?  Did you also predict him heading to the NFL before those two games or after?

5 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Well, how much money did you win picking OSU to win the FBS title that year after their first two QB's went down?  Did you also predict him heading to the NFL before those two games or after?

It was a great coaching job by one of the all-time best coaches no doubt about it.  It was also one position and if anyone thinks ohio state would have been in even close to that position with 13-15 of their starters out, I have a bridge I would like to sell you.  Even your beloved Bison would never be able to keep winning every week with 13-15 of their starters out.  I do think UND should be doing better managing the situation than they are, but to think they would keep winning under the circumstances is nuts.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

It was a great coaching job by one of the all-time best coaches no doubt about it.  It was also one position and if anyone thinks ohio state would have been in even close to that position with 13-15 of their starters out, I have a bridge I would like to sell you.  Even your beloved Bison would never be able to keep winning every week with 13-15 of their starters out.  I do think UND should be doing better managing the situation than they are, but to think they would keep winning under the circumstances is nuts.

If there was a magic fix-it, don't you think places like Duke, Kentucky, Arizona, and Indiana would have figured out how to make themselves football schools by now?  

NDSU didn't wind up in the position they are in now by accident.  UND has been playing catch-up ever since the big "D1" announcement by Fargo U.  

I also recently asked a local high school recruit whom NDSU has been scoping out if he's considered the University of North Dakota at all.  His response?  "WHO?"

6 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

If there was a magic fix-it, don't you think places like Duke, Kentucky, Arizona, and Indiana would have figured out how to make themselves football schools by now?  

NDSU didn't put themselves in the position they are in now by accident.  UND has been playing catch-up ever simce the big "D1" announcement by Fargo U.  

I recently asked a local high school recruit whom NDSU has been scoping out if he's considered the University of North Dakota at all.  His response?  "WHO?"

Rhode Island?  Who cares.   Rt blew the whole D1 thing.  UND will get caught up because it is the flagship university of the state of North Dakota.  It will hurt pretty bad when NDAC gets beaten by lowly UND.  Its coming like a freight train.  Rocky Hager never thought it was going to happen either.

As for those other schools, they have never been schools known for football, UND has been, and will be again soon.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Midwestern Hawk said:

Rhode Island?  Who cares.   Rt blew the whole D1 thing.  UND will get caught up because it is the flagship university of the state of North Dakota.  It will hurt pretty bad when NDAC gets beaten by lowly UND.  Its coming like a freight train.  Rocky Hager never thought it was going to happen either.

Rhode Island?  LOL!  Yea, and I'm really in the mafia, too.  You do know that we're on the same team, right?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Und is coming like a freight train?  Jesus I must be living in a parallel universe or something! 

14 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

As for those other schools, they have never been schools known for football, UND has been, and will be again soon.

Will you be the flagship when SU has double the enrollment?  Take a good  look a the people in power in ND. 

Neither UND or Grand Forks control there own destiny. Both places are not liked.

• Downvote 3

1 minute ago, moser53 said:

Will you be the flagship when SU has double the enrollment?  Take a good  look a the people in power in ND. 

Neither UND or Grand Forks control there own destiny. Both places are not liked.

Not liked?  By whom NDSU booster club?  A kid in minneapolis does not care about ND politics.  UND has way more to sell overall than NDSU.