SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

3 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Plenty of fans have purchased the "interim" jerseys - in case you hadn't noticed.  Since they're "interim," I haven't bought one - and won't buy one.  I'd like to see what they come up in terms of something new for 2017-2018.  

Do you think it will have the Brien logo on it?

............relax folks. JK.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

The mistakes of the previous full-time administration continue to haunt UND.  Its going to be a slow heal. 

Yes, but which previous administration? 

Tom Clifford had great working relationships with the tribes and could've gotten a "perpetuity" deal.
Kendall Baker? Well the jerseys went blank under him for a while, then geometric, so you know what his end goal was. 
Charles Kupchella could've followed through on the First Amendment threats and taken the NCAA to court on that. 
Robert Kelley floundered with committee after committee instead of leading and taking actions.

By the time (interim) Schafer and Kennedy arrived, things had been pushed around the playing field as much as they possibly could and needed to be acted upon.

And so they have. 

• Upvote 1

I see that hockey players are back to the "Sioux" usage on Twitter again.  Berry really laid down the law, boy.  

That really helps the university in their implementation of the logo and nickname.  I mean, Cam Johnson knows alot about being a Sioux hockey player and wearing that logo.  :silly:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

I see that hockey players are back to the "Sioux" usage on Twitter again.  Berry really laid down the law, boy.  

That really helps the university in their implementation of the logo and nickname.  I mean, Cam Johnson knows alot about being a Sioux hockey player and wearing that logo.  :silly:

Yes, it gets extremely tiresome.  Starts at the top though, if coach embraces the logo, watch what happens.  Take a look at football and Bubba for example...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Yes, it gets extremely tiresome.  Starts at the top though, if coach embraces the logo, watch what happens.  Take a look at football and Bubba for example...

Exactly. Bubba Schweigert gets it; he is an AD type. Berry, although a great coach, just has too much conflict of interest in this whole "tradition" and "culture" situation. Of course, one could argue Bubba would have conflict too but clearly he took the logical road instead, which is great. 

The hockey community currently breeds hatred for the new logo and nickname. There needs to be a change in the hockey culture before many fans begin to even fathom change and I agree that starts with Berry. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, ChrisUND1 said:

33 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Exactly. Bubba Schweigert gets it; he is an AD type. Berry, although a great coach, just has too much conflict of interest in this whole "tradition" and "culture" situation. Of course, one could argue Bubba would have conflict too but clearly he took the logical road instead, which is great. 

The hockey community currently breeds hatred for the new logo and nickname. There needs to be a change in the hockey culture before many fans begin to even fathom change and I agree that starts with Berry. 

You can still keep that tradition and culture with a new name.  Again, it all goes back to what Bubba has done.  UND has a strong football tradition.  It is not any less as the North Dakota Fighting Hawks than it was as the North Dakota Fighting Sioux.  Berry needs to start promoting the new name and logo, much like the other coaches at UND have.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Berry needs to start promoting the new name and logo, much like the other coaches at UND have.  

His pace is slower than the other coaches.  The logo will be on the ice and uni's next year.  I don't have a problem with his slower approach.

3 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

You're a piece of work..........and I'm being kind. Ridiculous comment to make but I get it coming from a FB only guy.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

Was he wrong?

Very. It's a broad brushed he uses.....over and over and over.

But like I said I get it from FB only fans. It is what it is. 

BTW were you or UND-FB-FAN at Scheels Friday?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Very. It's a broad brushed he uses.....over and over and over.

YOU SHUT YOUR DAMN MOUTH OXBOW6!  WE ALL KNOW THAT EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE ATTENDED HUNDREDS OF FOOTBALL AND BASKETBALL GAMES OVER THE YEARS THAT YOU'RE A "HOCKEY ONLY" FAN!  

Just now, MafiaMan said:

YOU SHUT YOUR DAMN MOUTH OXBOW6!  WE ALL KNOW THAT EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE ATTENDED HUNDREDS OF FOOTBALL AND BASKETBALL GAMES OVER THE YEARS THAT YOU'RE A "HOCKEY ONLY" FAN!  

You forgot VB...........

3 hours ago, UND1983 said:

You're probably right.

Capture.JPG.f2ab02c5a5f34384c0918943de68174e.JPG

* Nodaks, * Flickertails, its all the same school. If Gersich wants to say Sioux on twitter or FB or whatever thats fine, its free speech. But putting on a jersey with a Hawk on it, and stepping out on the ice with the hawk logo, seeing fans with Hawk jerseys will be a reality check. If people think no one will buy a Hawk jersey, just think people bought UND jerseys with no Sioux logo on it after the name was retired. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

You're a piece of work..........and I'm being kind. Ridiculous comment to make but I get it coming from a FB only guy.

I hope that rock you've been living under has been nice and warm. 

Reality check. 

"Hockey guys" despise the new logo and nickname largely because of current "popularity" trends in social media and hockey game cheers and not because of individual critical thought. There needs to be leaders within the hockey community for mere consideration to happen. I am steadfast on this and I don't expect you to get it. 

• Downvote 5

12 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Reality check. 

"Hockey guys" despise the new logo and nickname largely because of current "popularity" trends in social media and hockey game cheers and not because of individual critical thought. There needs to be leaders within the hockey community for mere consideration to happen. I am steadfast on this and I don't expect you to get it. 

image.JPG

DXCGLHTAVZPHSKN.20151008205444.jpg

So will Berry wear a Hawk logo when that interlocking ND is retired? Also has he ever worn the Hawk logo on a shirt or cap?

16 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Reality check. 

"Hockey guys" despise the new logo and nickname largely because of current "popularity" trends in social media and hockey games and not because of individual critical thought. There needs to be leaders within the hockey community for mere consideration to happen. I am steadfast on this and I don't expect you to get it.

Again were you at the hockey game Friday?

Simple question.