SiouxSports.com Forum

No Jokes Here. Missing NDSU student

Hayduke

I just heard about this on the local news.

Please follow the link and look at the photo. If you see him, and he could be anywhere in the region since Saturday morning, he's probably in some sort of distress. Do what you can to help or at least call law enforcement.

NDSU did not have Bearson’s age, height, weight, hair color or other identifying features, but released two photographs of the student.

Just assume he's 18-20 years old. (I get not having height/weight for non-athletes, but don't college applications still require a DOB? Or can't they say because of FERPA.)

Mead needs to explain: where did they go? Were they looking for something? How did they get lost and how did they find they way back to Meads? I'm assuming they had left Fargo as a tweet about being so lost we're gonna die I wouldn't think would happen within city limits.

Bearson had a cellphone with data. Which has a GPS.

Bearson was with Meads roommate, Jake. Yet nothing on record from Jake who was in also lost with Bearson.

Mead needs to explain: what does "dude it's jack" mean? Aka where did they go? Were they looking for something? How did they get lost and how did they find they way back to Meads?

Bearson had a cellphone with data. Which has a GPS. Why is he tweeting Mead and not texting him? Bearson was with Meads roommate.

"Dude it's Jake"

I took it to mean Jake was using bearsons Twitter to send a message to Mead??

The family is requesting that media give them time to grief and plan a funeral before they answer any more questions.

I can understand that.

My thoughts are with them.  This is a horrible situation even without the news from last night.  Hopefully, they get the chance to grieve and process everything that is happened by themselves.

• Upvote 1

The investigation of NDSU student Bearson's death doesn't seem to be progressing (at least publicly); in some ways it seems to be going the wrong way. 

Fargo Police Chief Keith Ternes told The Forum the day Bearson’s body was discovered that there was no indication the public was at risk. A week later, Jacobson urged the public to be cautious, ...   

So in a week of investigation, by how many law enforcement agencies, the Fargo / NDSU community has gone from "no indication the public was at risk" to "urged the public to be cautious".

The Red River Valley does not need another "unsolved" situation like NDSCS / Andrew Sadek.

The investigation of NDSU student Bearson's death doesn't seem to be progressing (at least publicly); in some ways it seems to be going the wrong way.

Caution advised one week after discovery of slain NDSU student's body; police still have no answers

So in a week of investigation, by how many law enforcement agencies, the Fargo / NDSU community has gone from "no indication the public was at risk" to "urged the public to be cautious".

The Red River Valley does not need another "unsolved" situation like NDSCS / Andrew Sadek.

Forgotten about Joel Lovelien?