SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire head coach Dave Hakstol

Goon

Get out the pitch forks and rakes  

143 members have voted

1. 1. If Hakstol's team doesn't win a national title should he be fired.

• Yes
    • No

I can't resist, the Fighting Sioux have gone a very respectable 17-7-2 playing the hardest schedule in college hockey and some Sioux fans want coach Hakstol to be fired because the lost one fricken game. Holy Cow!!!

Edited by Goon

I can't resist, the Fighting Sioux have gone a very respectable 17-7-2 playing the hardest schedule in college hockey and some Sioux fans want coach Hakstol to be fired because the lost one fricken game. Holy Cow!!!

I voted "yes," but I was doing it to be funny since we're jokingly sandbagging Hak's career at UND.

Haks problem is he cant get his boys up for big games.

If this is another one and done year vs some team out east or any team for that matter, yes i agree that we shoudl cut ties with hakstol.

Anything less than a run to the final four is unacceptable with this team.

If this is another one and done year vs some team out east or any team for that matter, yes i agree that we shoudl cut ties with hakstol.

Now is the time for a bad game or two....lighten up fans....Hak's teams are competitive and c'mon reality is that there is more to a NCAA championship than just skill and good coaching. There is a lot a luck also....a key injury or just opposing goal tender on fire....

Hak stays.

Goon, your an idiot. If Hakstol left, at least 50 out of the remaining 58 college hockey teams would die to have someone like him coach their team. IT WAS ONE BAD GAME. If the Sioux win tonight 1-0, its still a SPLIT.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

The fans expect nothing less than a title every year!! realistic or not.

Actually, the fans expect to contend every year, but to win sometimes. Hak took over a program that won 5 titles in the preceding 25 years and had just moved into the best facility in the nation. To expect some national titles is not out of line.

Actually, the fans expect to contend every year, but to win sometimes. Hak took over a program that won 5 titles in the preceding 25 years and had just moved into the best facility in the nation. To expect some national titles is not out of line.

He also has many things that most programs do not. World class weight lifting facility. Best training equipment. Biggest college hockey fan contingent in the nation. All home games on national tv. Players dont pay a dime for equipment (sticks). I think there was a article that there is like only 5 progams that pay 100% of sticks as most other jsut have a set aside moeny and dived out equally to each player and once that runs out, the player is responsible for it. Im willing to bet hak as an unlimited recruiting budget.

I know hak has been a head coach before but has he ever won a post season title other than the final 5?

WIth all the seniors, leadership, draft picks, skill players that the fighting sioux have this year, this is probably the best/balanced team IMO that Hak has had to date. If he cant put another banner up or atleast make it to the frozen four, i would hope faison sets down with Hak and has a talk with him saying that he is on ice that is as thick as red river in early december. Not on the thickness of the ice of red river in mid febuary.

Goon, your an idiot. If Hakstol left, at least 50 out of the remaining 58 college hockey teams would die to have someone like him coach their team. IT WAS ONE BAD GAME. If the Sioux win tonight 1-0, its still a SPLIT.

Go back and re-read what I said this...

What is it that I said that is so controversial? Did I say I wanted the coach fired? I was showing how ridiculous it was for some fans wanting the head coach to be fired after one loss while he is in the midst of a great season... You sir are the one that is being the idiot... If you're going to attack someone please at least read what your attacking that person for... If you had any reading comprehension skills what so ever you would realized that we are basically in agreement... Come on Skippy...

Edited by Goon

So when UND went to Boston and beat BU and B.C. winning the regional that wasn't a big game(s), when the Sioux beat UMN in Denver in overtime that wasn't a big game...

Sioux gettin out played by yale was a big game

Sioux getitn beat in 3 consecutive years of the frozen four were pretty big games id say

Yeh i guess a couple here and there wouldnt hurt but every april the boys lack something I think

And when the sioux beat BC BU most of theose players were blaisers players so they had a little bit of blais in there head. HTese guys have nothing but Hak in there mindset.

Last nite was a pretty big game id say. Sioux vs omaha. Teacher vs student

tonite is a even bigger game. lets hope Hak proves me wrong and the boys come out firing.

Sioux getitn beat in 3 consecutive years of the frozen four were pretty big games id say

Yeh i guess a couple here and there wouldnt hurt but every april the boys lack something I think

And when the sioux beat BC BU most of theose players were blaisers players so they had a little bit of blais in there head. HTese guys have nothing but Hak in there mindset.

tonite is a even bigger game. lets hope Hak proves me wrong and the boys come out firing.

Why don't you learn how to spell,before criticizing Hak.

DIdnt no we had grammer police here.

Also wasnt really critizing Hak. Just frustrated with Hak. Trust me I just as much as a Hak lover as you are "In Hak we Trust"

But if is not working out, its not working out. I measure sucess by Ncaa Divison 1 titles. Not by second half runs, participation banners,

Goon I realize you are "just kidding", but what you stated could have been posted in the game thread without the poll. In essence you are playing both sides of the fence. This thread is ridiculous and distracting to the team and it's fans.

I put it up to pull them away from the game thread so we could talk about the actual game without calling for the coaches head... Someone suggested that we bring back the fire Hakstol thread so I did... How am I playing both sides of the fence? How did you vote? just wondering. :lol:

I agree, we all know Hakstol loves this program and bleeds green, but the reality is that the games we lost in the regionals or the frozen four in years past, the team in the first period acts like it doesnt even belong on the ice. They seem to always play catch up in these games. If you look at the intensity on the bench during the game with Blais, he and his assistants are constantly cheerleading the players and seem to have so much energy. I can't count how many times when Hakstol is interviewed after these losses its the same story, we weren't prepared and we just didn't come prepared. If you look at Blais's teams, no matter who he puts on the ice, he gets allot out of those players and seems to be prepared always. I would also say, Hakstol should have a good record in years past, look at the quailty of players year in and year out that play here.

Go back and re-read what I said this...

What is it that I said that is so controversial? Did I say I wanted the coach fired? I was showing how ridiculous it was for some fans wanting the head coach to be fired after one loss while he is in the midst of a great season... You sir are the one that is being the idiot... If you're going to attack someone please at least read what your attacking that person for... If you had any reading comprehension skills what so ever you would realized that we are basically in agreement... Come on Skippy...

Please don't start dumb threads like this. Thank you. From all the Sioux fans.

• Upvote 1

Please don't start dumb threads like this. Thank you. From all the Sioux fans.

Why don't you just take a breath and settle down skippy... If you're going to attack someone at least have your ducks in a row...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2