SiouxSports.com Forum

Stroup

teamsioux

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear that Stroup may have gotten in some trouble and I doubt that he will be at the green/white scrimmage tomorrow....

Projected Starters

I had mentioned backed before the spring game that he wouldn't be playing in the Spring Game... I suppose I could have also included that he was no longer on the team.... sorry.

What is really sad is that somewhere along the line, if what I am reading is true, someone (parent, coach, advisor, friend, whatever) should have sat this young man down and given him an attitude adjustment. Whatever it takes to get the point across. We see way too much of coaches and others allowing you people to skirt the line with unaccpetable behavior and attitudes because of their skills. Then, at some point, odds are things grossly cross the line and it is a train wreck.

The article on Shattuck St. Mary's is outstanding in that it demonstrates and promotes personal toughness and self-discipline.

What is really sad is that somewhere along the line, if what I am reading is true, someone (parent, coach, advisor, friend, whatever) should have sat this young man down and given him an attitude adjustment. Whatever it takes to get the point across. We see way too much of coaches and others allowing you people to skirt the line with unaccpetable behavior and attitudes because of their skills. Then, at some point, odds are things grossly cross the line and it is a train wreck.

The article on Shattuck St. Mary's is outstanding in that it demonstrates and promotes personal toughness and self-discipline.

I would guess that someone, and more than likely more than one person, probably did try and talk to him. You've seen how Stroup plays... he's agressive, competitive, and occassionally out of control. Now imagine him off the field.... there is only so much you can say to a person with that type of a personality.

With Stroup done, and Bodoh's injury situation being uncertain at best, the weakside OLB position is looking like a problem. Besides Giles, who else is there? I assume red-shirt freshmen, although I have no idea who else practiced at the position this spring.

What is really sad is that somewhere along the line, if what I am reading is true, someone (parent, coach, advisor, friend, whatever) should have sat this young man down and given him an attitude adjustment.

But instead he gets a football scholarship, isn't that great!

I am sure at some point people have tried to get through to him, but if people wanted him to play football bad enough they tend to let a lot slide. It's to bad and these types of guys are all over the place in athletics.

lets also remember guys that most of these players are good people. There are always a few people who make a large group of good guys look bad. Lets not make assumptions about all the players based one persons decisions. like previously mentioned lets hope stroup can figure all this out and start making decisions that will help him later in life.

lets also remember guys that most of these players are good people. There are always a few people who make a large group of good guys look bad. Lets not make assumptions about all the players based one persons decisions. like previously mentioned lets hope stroup can figure all this out and start making decisions that will help him later in life.

I agree that most of the FB team is made up of good people, but it seems that a few bad apples are almost always in the group as well. Stroup gets the boot for all this stuff, but a lot of time the general public doesn't even catch wind of what happens because it is kept quite. Look at how much stroup did before he was finally removed.