SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ MAVERICKS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WEEKEND POINTS RECAP:

Ok, I put together the scoring recap for this weekend (from most points to least: minimum 1 point):

Chay Genoway -- 2g 1a 3pts

Matt Frattin -- 0g 3a 3pts

Robbie Bina -- 1g 1a 2pts

Taylor Chorney -- 2a 2pts

Joe Finley -- 2a 2pts

TJ Oshie -- 2a 2pts

Duncan -- 1g 1pt

VV -- 1g 1pt

Trupp -- 1g 1pt

Kozek -- 1g 1pt

Watkins -- 1a 1pt

Genoway has a shot at Defenseman OTW, but I think the strongest candidate may be Frattin for Rookie OTW.

It was a great weekend, good sweep for the Sioux. I also thought it was great to hear the Ole on the way out of the arena. My family was singing along. It was a great game. One thing I was impressed with us VandeVelde. I think he is getting to be a top player for the team.

I agree on VandeVelde. It seemed to me he was one of the best Sioux players this weekend.

I have been thinking about this weekend & have to say I was impressed how the Purple cows kept coming

They are a very good team - Kilpatrick reminds me of Drew

They play with a edge we have not seen alot of

I think I like their Coach & if I was a player wouldn't mind playing for him at all

Our PK was awsome again & our PP improved (that was the difference for the weekend)

Otherwise they played with us pretty good

I think I like their Coach & if I was a player wouldn't mind playing for him at all

Our PK was awsome again & our PP improved (that was the difference for the weekend)

Otherwise they played with us pretty good

I guess it depends who you talks to. I believe he is a decent coach that gets the most out of his teams.

After being around the downtown Mankato area this weekend, I could easily see a riot occuring. Drunk idiots everywhere!

I thought the idiots were in the student section at the Artist Formerly Known As Midwest Wireless Civic Center. Thanks to my next-to-the-student section tickets, I was treated to the following catchy cheers:

F*** the Sioux!

Sioux's a girl's name!

You f***in' cheat!

and, the all-time classic...

Hang the Sioux!

Given Mankato's sad history with treatment of Indians, I was especially unnerved by the last chant.

Mankato Sioux Indians Hanging

While I enjoy a good road trip and Mankato is an easy ticket for Sioux fans, sometimes, it takes everything in me to not go punch some moron in the face. The one saving point for last night's game was the student behind me yelling "WHAT A PATHETIC POWER PLAY!" two seconds before the Sioux scored a goal on that very same power play. Hilarious.

Good sweep for the Sioux. Let's keep things rollin' vs UAA next weekend!

I thought the idiots were in the student section at the Artist Formerly Known As Midwest Wireless Civic Center. Thanks to my next-to-the-student section tickets, I was treated to the following catchy cheers:

F*** the Sioux!

Sioux's a girl's name!

You f***in' cheat!

and, the all-time classic...

Hang the Sioux!

Given Mankato's sad history with treatment of Indians, I was especially unnerved by the last chant.

Mankato Sioux Indians Hanging

While I enjoy a good road trip and Mankato is an easy ticket for Sioux fans, sometimes, it takes everything in me to not go punch some moron in the face. The one saving point for last night's game was the student behind me yelling "WHAT A PATHETIC POWER PLAY!" two seconds before the Sioux scored a goal on that very same power play. Hilarious.

Good sweep for the Sioux. Let's keep things rollin' vs UAA next weekend!

just like our student section :lol: i love road games especially to mariucci, there are always fans who go overboard including many sioux fans as well but it take it in and laugh most of the time and just hope the sioux win so they shut the hell up :glare:

I like going to see Sioux hockey but I've run into the most idiots at Mankato, which is why I especially enjoyed the rousing exit last night. This weekend I pretty much stayed in my seat and avoided the concourses between periods which helped tremendously. And fortunately, I was either with tons of Sioux fans or else I was with a rather tame Mankato crowd. One or the other.

I was unable to watch this series unfortunately. I did see Kaiper on youtube :glare: Sounds like special teams played well. Only the one goal on 5 on 5 though. Any overall feel of how we are clicking 5 on 5? Clearly you never argue with a sweep. I just keep looking for us to get better doing the little things. I've been really impressed with Trupp lately. The kid's motor never stops. From the box score, it sounds like Frattin is finding his "inner playmaker" which is great for us.

Don't want to beat the dead horse and get more eye rolls, but how did the defense look? Again from the box it sounds like Genoway is still playing great.

My biggest concern is still around how we handle an aggressive forecheck. Does Mankato bring it with all three forwards on their forecheck? Reading through Firday's thread, it sounds like we were hanging on.

I am optimistic due to our sweeps. They are teams that we should sweep though. The goal has to be to get better every weekend so that we are still playing in April.

I was unable to watch this series unfortunately. I did see Kaiper on youtube :glare: Sounds like special teams played well. Only the one goal on 5 on 5 though. Any overall feel of how we are clicking 5 on 5? Clearly you never argue with a sweep. I just keep looking for us to get better doing the little things. I've been really impressed with Trupp lately. The kid's motor never stops. From the box score, it sounds like Frattin is finding his "inner playmaker" which is great for us.

Don't want to beat the dead horse and get more eye rolls, but how did the defense look? Again from the box it sounds like Genoway is still playing great.

My biggest concern is still around how we handle an aggressive forecheck. Does Mankato bring it with all three forwards on their forecheck? Reading through Firday's thread, it sounds like we were hanging on.

I am optimistic due to our sweeps. They are teams that we should sweep though. The goal has to be to get better every weekend so that we are still playing in April.

sorry, too deep for me on the agressive forecheck stuff only watching from webcast :lol: we played well, d played very good again. genoway is damn good. 5 goals by 5 different players saturday night. 5 pp goals on the weekend. keep improving sioux and lets keep uaa at the bottom of the wcha and gain 4 more points.

OK I do have to share the funniest thing I head from a Mav's fan, possibly the the dumdest thing ever. I think this could be a reflection of the education they are getting at MSU.

After the fight on friday night. My wife and I overheard a guy saying, "that the WCHA should review the fight and kick Kaip off the team and out of the league because he knows how to fight to good." He was explaing this to someone and also said that "the reason he could tell this was because of the way Kaip pulled the other guys jersey over his head so easily."

My wife who does not really like the fighting even thought this was the dumbest thing she had ever heard. That is your quality education at MSU hard at work.

I like going to see Sioux hockey but I've run into the most idiots at Mankato, which is why I especially enjoyed the rousing exit last night. This weekend I pretty much stayed in my seat and avoided the concourses between periods which helped tremendously. And fortunately, I was either with tons of Sioux fans or else I was with a rather tame Mankato crowd. One or the other.

I especially liked the "Ole Ole" the Sioux fans in the corner did as a salute to the Green/white after the game Saturday night. It was a good visiting team stick salute from the fans.

9.5 Nike Sasqutch SUMO, diamana stiff shaft

2006 Callaway Fusion FT-3 with Aldila stiff shaft, the only problem is ..........

It is to long on the par 4's and you have to chip back to get on the green :glare:

Gutty performance this weekend, nice job by the special teams, AAU is in big trouble, can you say 7 IN A ROW!

2006 Callaway Fusion FT-3 with Aldila stiff shaft, the only problem is ..........

It is to long on the par 4's and you have to chip back to get on the green :glare:

Gutty performance this weekend, nice job by the special teams, AAU is in big trouble, can you say 7 IN A ROW!

Callaway cloug rock, I hope we can get 7 games in a row going into Rodentville.