SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ MAVERICKS

AZSIOUX

tn_IMG_1792.JPGtn_IMG_1906.JPGtn_Sioux%20vs%20MSU%20WCHA%20Playoffs%20Game%202%20102.JPG

Nice grind it out win on friday night. Sometimes thats the way you have to win games. Lets drop 5 or 6 on theese guys without kaip who took care of some unfinished business from last season by wooping bruess's azz. We will see Davidson tonight so another chance for him to get some icetime in the WCHA..Our defense has been outstanding..The Sioux have given up 5 total goals in the 4 game streak...Lets get another 2 points and extend this win streak to 5 games.GO SIOUX

B2 NETWORK WEBCAST FOR GAME - 10 MINUTES OR SO BEFORE PUCK DROPS - 6.00

sioux_puck.gifsioux_puck.gifsioux_puck.gifsioux_puck.gifsioux_puck.gif

OSHIE - anslap2.gif - ZACHARIAS

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MSU continued their trend of not being able to score in conference games. 2 goals or less now in 11 of 14 WCHA games this year and Kiap took out their leading scorer for tonight. There is no reason the Sioux can't get 3-4 goals tonight and sweep this weekend. We didn't look sharp last night, but being able to win an ugly game at this time of year is big. I think they'll look/play better tonight and take care of business. Hak sounded pretty PO'ed by all the Mav's hacking last night especially the slash to Trupp. Watch out for tonight!!

It will be interesting to see how the refs call it early on tonight. I also hope our fans get more vocal. It would be nice to see the rest of the WCHA come up with a few ties tonight so we can continue to keep the gap bigger as we head down the stretch. I can honestly see us making a strong run for 2nd in the league as things unfold.

It will be interesting to see how the refs call it early on tonight. I also hope our fans get more vocal. It would be nice to see the rest of the WCHA come up with a few ties tonight so we can continue to keep the gap bigger as we head down the stretch. I can honestly see us making a strong run for 2nd in the league as things unfold.

Want WI to beat UAA again tonight. That puts MTU, MSU and AAU in the bottom 3. I'd take any of those 3 at home in the playoffs.

MSU continued their trend of not being able to score in conference games. 2 goals or less now in 11 of 14 WCHA games this year and Kiap took out their leading scorer for tonight. There is no reason the Sioux can't get 3-4 goals tonight and sweep this weekend. We didn't look sharp last night, but being able to win an ugly game at this time of year is big. I think they'll look/play better tonight and take care of business. Hak sounded pretty PO'ed by all the Mav's hacking last night especially the slash to Trupp. Watch out for tonight!!

the funny thing is our so called fighter has more goals than their leading scorer that will sit tonight :lol::love:

:love::lol:

thats the best part listening to maverick fans bitch that we sent a goon to fight bruess when bruess dropped the gloves right with kaip, unless kaip has superman powers and forced bruess's helmet and gloves off then made him curl up and not throw any punches. what a showing for bruess ;) kaiper has 6 goals and their leading scorer has 5 goals. funny stat really.

Tonight is going to be a war. Let's hope I'm wrong, but I'm calling this one for the Mav's, 2-1.

AZ, how was it watching the game on your plasma?

i think we put a whooping o them tonight on the scoreboard, 5-2 or 6-3 something like that

i didnt do the hook up last night as i watched the sunc game and the gopher hockey game at the same time on split screen :love: along with the sioux on the laptop on the coffee table. may try it tonight if we dont buy the pay per view UFC fights

how does yours look? similar to the laptop screen or a bit more blurrier?

going back to last nights game kozek was hitting like crazy out there like always, i look for zajac, jones, radke and davidson to play a very very physical game tonight. i wonder if kozek will get that top line spot as he did move there in the 3rd period last night. hope so.

i think we put a whooping o them tonight on the scoreboard, 5-2 or 6-3 something like that

i didnt do the hook up last night as i watched the sunc game and the gopher hockey game at the same time on split screen :love: along with the sioux on the laptop on the coffee table. may try it tonight if we dont buy the pay per view UFC fights

how does yours look? similar to the laptop screen or a bit more blurrier?

going back to last nights game kozek was hitting like crazy out there like always, i look for zajac, jones, radke and davidson to play a very very physical game tonight. i wonder if kozek will get that top line spot as he did move there in the 3rd period last night. hope so.

It isn't too bad. I sit about 12 feet from it, and I run the audio from my headphone-out jack to the PC audio in jack, and I get pretty good sound. I prefer the TV to the laptop. You also need to hit "full screen" on the player so that you don't get any burn-in from the player boxes and internet explorer. Also, adjust the screen saver so you don't end up seeing that every 10 minutes or whatever you have it set to. I think Siouxmama also set it up through her plasma, I wonder what she thinks.

I believe tonite will be a real war. The Mavericks might not be the most skilled team, and they might have Jutting for a coach, but one thing that impressed me last night is they never backed down. After the Sioux took it to them in the first period they came back and outplayed the Sioux in the 2nd. The Sioux were lucky to still have the lead at the end of 2.

After the Sioux put up another goal they might have backed off a little but the opposite happened. It seemed like they ratcheted up the effort a little. After Kaip beat Bruess they seemed to come out even harder, I thought. The Sioux did a good job of closing out the game but there was no quit in the Mavericks.

If the Sioux don't clean up some of the mistakes and don't play a little more crisply I predict they will lose tonite. However, I'm confident they will win. They will not win because the Mavericks laid down. That won't happen.

thats the best part listening to maverick fans bitch that we sent a goon to fight bruess when bruess dropped the gloves right with kaip, unless kaip has superman powers and forced bruess's helmet and gloves off then made him curl up and not throw any punches. what a showing for bruess :love: kaiper has 6 goals and their leading scorer has 5 goals. funny stat really.

I think that is a top ten post there. :lol: I had a Maverick fan trying to say that Kaip didn't win and bascially cheated by pulling Buress's jesery over his head. That said top scorer for the Mavs last year was pretty bushleague smacking a guy while he wasn't fighting back. I think that is as bad as Downie suckering Jason Blake.

Want WI to beat UAA again tonight. That puts MTU, MSU and AAU in the bottom 3. I'd take any of those 3 at home in the playoffs.

Agreed.

I would much rather the Sioux face MTU, MSUM, or UAA in the first round playoffs then UW or even UMN if things finish close to how they are now.

The thought of having to win 2 games against UW or UMN with a shot at the F5 on the line doesn't interest me. I have faith that the Sioux could win, but there are easier paths to St Paul. :love:

The Mav D shouldn't be expected to keep Oshie and Duncan off the score sheet for an entire weekend. 3-0 Sioux

well oshie did have a assist last night :love: but i agree, hope kozek is with osh and duncs tonight and if so that line gets 6-8 points total!!

It isn't too bad. I sit about 12 feet from it, and I run the audio from my headphone-out jack to the PC audio in jack, and I get pretty good sound. I prefer the TV to the laptop. You also need to hit "full screen" on the player so that you don't get any burn-in from the player boxes and internet explorer. Also, adjust the screen saver so you don't end up seeing that every 10 minutes or whatever you have it set to. I think Siouxmama also set it up through her plasma, I wonder what she thinks.

Yes, it was hooked up, and I thought it came in pretty good. We put it on full screen and other than not always being able to see the puck, it worked well. Will do it again tonight.

I am sick and tired of watching our skilled players getting hacked, smacked and punched as the refs just sit there watching it. I hope this April that the team coachs start to address this kind of stuff. If there wasn't a game disqualification for fighting in college hockey this stuff would start to go away. Kaip stepped up and took care of business last night.

Redfrog and Bob in Wisconson, thanks for the step by step guide to setting up the viewing from laptop to TV. I tested it with the youtube clip of Kiap's fight last night to check quality and it looks like it is going to work pretty good for tonight. Invited some friend over to watch too.

THANKS!!!!

GO SIOUX!!!!!!

Redfrog and Bob in Wisconson, thanks for the step by step guide to setting up the viewing from laptop to TV. I tested it with the youtube clip of Kiap's fight last night to check quality and it looks like it is going to work pretty good for tonight. Invited some friend over to watch too.

THANKS!!!!

GO SIOUX!!!!!!

I have to second the Thanks on this one. Never thought of it until you guys were discussing it. Works well!

Thanks again!

I have to second the Thanks on this one. Never thought of it until you guys were discussing it. Works well!

Thanks again!

Glad I could help! Tonight I'm working, so I'll be watching on the PC.

I wouldn't be suprised to see a few scrums early, with penaltys being called. I think the refs will be calling it tight, trying to keep it from getting out of hand.

Glad I could help! Tonight I'm working, so I'll be watching on the PC.

I wouldn't be suprised to see a few scrums early, with penaltys being called. I think the refs will be calling it tight, trying to keep it from getting out of hand.

i think rylan settled what needed to be settled last night. hak will have th guys focused on hockey and the 2 points we need tonight. we will get a nice lead then have to decide what happens after they start playing jutting slapstick hockey. whatever happens happens but the win is all that matters