SiouxSports.com Forum

Long Island Frazee

Blackheart

Millen? Snuggerud? Did you attend UND when I was there (1988-1992)?

No I was a young alum back then. Those were the last players I remember verbally abusing before I matured. :D

I am soooooo much older and wiser now. :huh:

My cohort included Ludwig, Patrick, Jensen, Sykes, White, Carroll, Dachysyn, Murray.....

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know who you're thinking of but it's not me. As you can see I joined this forum in December of '05 which was during the freshman season of Toews and Oshie. That would make it tough for me to predict a Sioux demise on this board prior to their arrival wouldn't you think? Got any other stuff you'd like to make up about me?

And for the record I'm not predicting a horrible season for the Sioux next year. I'm just saying losing your top two forwards, your top three d-men, and your #1 goalie is a lot to replace and it may be a down year for UND's standards. No need to get bent out of shape, it's just my opinion.

I must apologize for my tendancy to mix up Bucky and her twin sister Slappy. :D

This is something I would expect to hear from fans (especially from opposing fans like me) not a quote to the newspaper from a coach. I know I would be extremely upset if one of our coaches was talking to the media like this about one of our players. It's one thing to say that a certain player had a bad game or isn't playing up to their potential, but to basically say that a player is a head case to the media is in my opinion not a smooth move.

Perhaps not a smooth move, but when the comment and/or the characterization is warranted, I say let 'er fly. This sort of ties in to the whole mess that (d)evolved on a couple other thread over the last month or so.

When a kid (yes, see, I acknowledge these young men are still "kids") signs on the dotted line to play hockey for a big-time program like UMTC or UND, they take onto themselves more than a place on a team and a free (or nearly) college education. Their talent and skills have brought them to the limelight, and that light sometimes creates some very harsh shadows.

Frazee, in this case (but this is one of those "fill in the blank" kind of statements) receives all sort of accolades when his play is stellar. He gets the headlines, he gets the slaps on the back and yes, the free cocktails at the local watering hole. He's in the spotlight and his success "earns" him things most other college students only dream about.

But when his play (or his conduct) is less than what is expected, he, by the same measure, is in line for criticism from his fans and his coaches. I'm sure that in this case Rob Stauber has quietly approached Frazee attempting to help him "fix" the problem that pops up time after time, to no avail. Frazee's play is deserving of criticism; his coach made it official.

All of this, of course, is merely IMHO.

Perhaps not a smooth move, but when the comment and/or the characterization is warranted, I say let 'er fly. This sort of ties in to the whole mess that (d)evolved on a couple other thread over the last month or so.

When a kid (yes, see, I acknowledge these young men are still "kids") signs on the dotted line to play hockey for a big-time program like UMTC or UND, they take onto themselves more than a place on a team and a free (or nearly) college education. Their talent and skills have brought them to the limelight, and that light sometimes creates some very harsh shadows.

Frazee, in this case (but this is one of those "fill in the blank" kind of statements) receives all sort of accolades when his play is stellar. He gets the headlines, he gets the slaps on the back and yes, the free cocktails at the local watering hole. He's in the spotlight and his success "earns" him things most other college students only dream about.

But when his play (or his conduct) is less than what is expected, he, by the same measure, is in line for criticism from his fans and his coaches. I'm sure that in this case Rob Stauber has quietly approached Frazee attempting to help him "fix" the problem that pops up time after time, to no avail. Frazee's play is deserving of criticism; his coach made it official.

All of this, of course, is merely IMHO.

i read he didnt do squat over their break as well, i believe dubay said this on his radio show or a hockey show, basically saying he dried his pads and let them hang for a couple weeks. that isnt gona get it done on any level if thats the case. maybe sagard could help more on what dubay mentioned. either way i still think he bails before the season is over. ust a gut feeling, not trying to cause a stir. it seems like he could care less overall

... we all know what hard work leads to in the WCHA. A good old game of spank the Gophers...

The Sioux have done VERY well against the Gophers the last few years. If they'd play that hard vs. the rest of the WCHA the Gophers probably wouldn't have hung any banners the last couple of years. Granted they were those meaningless McNaughton Cups so I can understand why JT and the boys weren't that interested.

On topic Frazee is simply a bad Kangas night from getting back into the lineup. Kangas has had some brutal games so far so I don't think we've seen the last of Jeff good or bad.

On topic Frazee is simply a bad Kangas night from getting back into the lineup. Kangas has had some brutal games so far so I don't think we've seen the last of Jeff good or bad.

Saw that in the paper today. To be honest I was a bit surprised because after seeing the look on Lucia's face, and frankly the horrible performance Frazee had last weekend on top of this struggles, I thought Frazee was done forever. However, I think Lucia has done a good job of taking a deep breath and trying to help Frazee rebuild himself based on what I read.

The Sioux have done VERY well against the Gophers the last few years. If they'd play that hard vs. the rest of the WCHA the Gophers probably wouldn't have hung any banners the last couple of years. Granted they were those meaningless McNaughton Cups so I can understand why JT and the boys weren't that interested.

5-5 over the last 3 years is VERY good? :ohmy:

I hope I have seen the last of Frazee for a while. I think you have to give Kangas the next 4 games unless he blows big time. Frazee is a train wreck and Solei, while a good story is not going to lead them to the playoffs. I think they hitch the trailor to Kangas and see what the kid does. I might give Frazee a game against AA to see where he is. I would be fine if he doesn't play again.

disagree on frazee being a bad kangas night back in. i think lucia makes a real statement and plays solei unless hes not on the roadtrip but at home i can see that. lucia has no confidence left in frazee and i think is done wit the horse and pony show that is the frazee ya know. i roll with kangas no matter what with the gophers hes your future anyways and get him all the big wcha experience especially on the road you can get him. hes a solid goalie.

I sure hope so. :ohmy:

disagree on frazee being a bad kangas night back in. i think lucia makes a real statement and plays solei unless hes not on the roadtrip but at home i can see that. lucia has no confidence left in frazee and i think is done wit the horse and pony show that is the frazee ya know. i roll with kangas no matter what with the gophers hes your future anyways and get him all the big wcha experience especially on the road you can get him. hes a solid goalie.

I heard all three goalies are making the trip to Duluth.

Sioux tinted glasses aside, what a tough fall for Jeff.

I predicted he'd be #1 goaltender by January of his freshman year because of how bad Briggs was in big games. Didn't happen.

He was very good in international competition and in juniors against tougher opponents but it didn't pan out in college.

Baffling to me.

Sioux tinted glasses aside, what a tough fall for Jeff.

I predicted he'd be #1 goaltender by January of his freshman year because of how bad Briggs was in big games. Didn't happen.

He was very good in international competition and in juniors against tougher opponents but it didn't pan out in college.

Baffling to me.

Granted he's had some good games now and then (Final Five last year), but collectively over the past year and his propensity to let in soft goals.......Frazee has been significantly worse and I attribute it to Jonathan Toews lighting him up in the World Junior's last year in the shoot-out. Since that time Frazee has not been the same overall.

Granted he's had some good games now and then (Final Five last year), but collectively over the past year and his propensity to let in soft goals.......Frazee has been significantly worse and I attribute it to Jonathan Toews lighting him up in the World Junior's last year in the shoot-out. Since that time Frazee has not been the same overall.

Are you Lucia's speech writer? I mean, what a concept, a Gopher player that hasn't been the same after going to the WJC :D