SiouxSports.com Forum

Long Island Frazee

Blackheart

Granted he's had some good games now and then (Final Five last year), but collectively over the past year and his propensity to let in soft goals.......Frazee has been significantly worse and I attribute it to Jonathan Toews lighting him up in the World Junior's last year in the shoot-out. Since that time Frazee has not been the same overall.

That would hold more water if two of his best games as a Gopher -- both late-season matchups versus UND last season -- didn't come AFTER that game.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frazee has fallen well short of the mark of taking the lead position in goaltending at UM. I think the main problem is he doesn't take every game seriously and every shot seriously. It's a severe lack of concentration and will plague him for the rest of his career. This takes nothing away from his accomplishments in the past, but what are they? Second and forth in WJC? ( I realize they took the Naughton home last year - might have been because of some defensemen on his team, ie Goligoski!) He is not a championship tender - Kangas will backstop this team for the rest of the year, he deserves it.

That would hold more water if two of his best games as a Gopher -- both late-season matchups versus UND last season -- didn't come AFTER that game.

Well in his first game back against UND after the Junior's last year, he did get somewhat lit up. He was pulled if I recall. Granted, he did play well in two other games against the Sioux except for his propensity to not cover the post (which has been a problem his whole career) that led to a goal.

Since the Juniors last year he's let in three goals (although one didn't count) from the center line, the blue line and the far red line. One being in his first game back against UND after the Juniors.

And seriously, you can't say that being lit up on five goals by Toews in the shootout in the Juniors in such a high profile game (or whatever the number of goals it was) has had no effect on him. He's human and it has had to have an effect on him. He's had a lot more brain-lapses since that time as reflected in the three long goals he has allowed over that time.

Well in his first game back against UND after the Junior's last year, he did get somewhat lit up. He was pulled if I recall. Granted, he did play well in two other games against the Sioux except for his propensity to not cover the post (which has been a problem his whole career) that led to a goal.

Since the Juniors last year he's let in three goals (although one didn't count) from the center line, the blue line and the far red line. One being in his first game back against UND after the Juniors.

And seriously, you can't say that being lit up on five goals by Toews in the shootout in the Juniors in such a high profile game (or whatever the number of goals it was) has had no effect on him. He's human and it has had to have an effect on him. He's had a lot more brain-lapses since that time as reflected in the three long goals he has allowed over that time.

I think the Bina goal is the one that screwed his head up even more than it already was. It's tough to live that one down. Giving up shoot out goals to a player like Toews is understandable and certainly not emabarrassing. If anything he should have come back from the world juniors with a ton of confidence after the way he played.

First paragraph spot on. Last paragraph crazy talk. He has had issues long before the Toews shootout. He was brilliant in the WJC third place game shortly afterwards. He finally beat out Briggs with good play down the stretch last year. If there was a single goal (which I don't believe) that got to him I'd point more to the Porter goal than any Toews shootout goals.

If there was a single goal (which I don't believe) that got to him I'd point more to the Porter goal than any Toews shootout goals.

That one will follow him forever! The staff at the nursing home 60 years from now will bring it up just to get his pacemaker charged up!! :silly: