SiouxSports.com Forum

Long Island Frazee

Blackheart

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see a similar fate for the Sioux next season when Oshie, Duncan, Chorney, Finley, Bina, and Lammy are all gone.

You just keep counting down the days then...we will keep winning. Hey, if it helps you sleep at night to wish and wait for a theoretic Sioux demise, (which will not happen, see this thread: Loaded.) then by all means...

I can see a similar fate for the Sioux next season when Oshie, Duncan, Chorney, Finley, Bina, and Lammy are all gone.

Don't count on it. The Sioux will have plenty of talent to finish top five WCHA and make the tourney. Just like the Gophers have right now even without Okposo. Our boys just need to compete harder, no excuses granted.

Don't count on it. The Sioux will have plenty of talent to finish top five WCHA and make the tourney. Just like the Gophers have right now even without Okposo. Our boys just need to compete harder, no excuses granted.

It's been an uphill battle this year with all that talent. It won't be any easier next year without those guys.

Thery're leaving! OMG!! Why didn't anyone say anything??? What ever will we do??? Pull the fire alarm! Call Hakstol!

It is apparently hard for fans of other teams to wrap their heads around the concept, but in North Dakota, the Sioux don't rebuild, they reload. It isn't a cliche, it's the real world.

Sheesh, I would be more worried about THIS year if MY team was making travel arrangments for the first round the WCHA tourney. But then I am not like fans who would jump ship during a year of adversity and troll about other teams websites. But that's just me. To each his own, I say.

It is apparently hard for fans of other teams to wrap their heads around the concept, but in North Dakota, the Sioux don't rebuild, they reload. It isn't a cliche, it's the real world.

Some people have short memories. Good teams don't always bounce right back when losing top talent. To think that the Sioux will just plop new guys into the roles vacated by Oshie and others is a bit lofty.

Cue the 2001-2002 season, please: 16-19-2 record, 11-15-2 in the WCHA, 7-9-1 at home, and 7-10-1 on the road. That season ended with a WCHA first-round playoff loss at Minnesota.

North Dakota isn't exempt from a down year anymore than Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Boston College, or Boston U are.

Some people have short memories. Good teams don't always bounce right back when losing top talent. To think that the Sioux will just plop new guys into the roles vacated by Oshie and others is a bit lofty.

Cue the 2001-2002 season, please: 16-19-2 record, 11-15-2 in the WCHA, 7-9-1 at home, and 7-10-1 on the road. That season ended with a WCHA first-round playoff loss at Minnesota.

North Dakota isn't exempt from a down year anymore than Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Boston College, or Boston U are.

One year out of eleven? I guess the exception makes the rule. Thank you

i hate to bump this thread but a article came out on this

nightmare season

I am not a fan of Jeff Frazee and my personal opinion is that he is a head case, but I'm less than impressed with what the Minnesota goalie coach Robb Stauber said in this article:

"He's building a track record of basically falling asleep," Stauber said, noting that the problem is not about working on fundamentals, but "what's going on between the ears?"

This is something I would expect to hear from fans (especially from opposing fans like me) not a quote to the newspaper from a coach. I know I would be extremely upset if one of our coaches was talking to the media like this about one of our players. It's one thing to say that a certain player had a bad game or isn't playing up to their potential, but to basically say that a player is a head case to the media is in my opinion not a smooth move.

Thery're leaving! OMG!! Why didn't anyone say anything??? What ever will we do??? Pull the fire alarm! Call Hakstol!

It'll be a challenge, but history has shown that the UND Hockey organization is up to the challenge.

oh you sieve, of course you pop up..............at least our best players stick around til the end :D now theres a concept.......

the gophs had had a few problems this season.......injuries, quitters and a goalie with nothing between his ears..........it happens to the best of them ;) well injuries that is

seriously ive always said this about und and minny............usually 1 down year will happen every ten years or so. just law of averages i believe but usually they are expected. thats the crazy thing about your team. oh well - fear the dogz

Wow, what a great hockey mind. I think UND will be good next season based on their recruits coming and the players coming back.

"He's building a track record of basically falling asleep," Stauber said, noting that the problem is not about working on fundamentals, but "what's going on between the ears?"

This is something I would expect to hear from fans (especially from opposing fans like me) not a quote to the newspaper from a coach. I know I would be extremely upset if one of our coaches was talking to the media like this about one of our players. It's one thing to say that a certain player had a bad game or isn't playing up to their potential, but to basically say that a player is a head case to the media is in my opinion not a smooth move.

I agree; boy if you think your player has issues, he is ever going to have more reading that article.

Dude, all I'm sayin' is that even top programs can't do it year after year after year. There's always going to be a hiccup in there somewhere.

Man, I'm not Dude, he left the forum yesterday :D

I shoulda left a smiley.

We had a 10 year hiccup from 87-97 with a ton of talent and not much hardware to show for it. I know what you're sayin' about history.

And yes, no one would have predicted the Gopher problem this year, until Stoa got hurt. He was probably the one guy on their entire squad Lucia couldn't replace. Now it's Kangas.

Man, I'm not Dude, he left the forum yesterday :D

I shoulda left a smiley.

We had a 10 year hiccup from 87-97 with a ton of talent and not much hardware to show for it. I know what you're sayin' about history.

And yes, no one would have predicted the Gopher problem this year, until Stoa got hurt. He was probably the one guy on their entire squad Lucia couldn't replace. Now it's Kangas.

Since 1997 UND has missed the NCAA tourney once, I think that is pretty impressive I wish we had more titles but its still pretty good.

I couldn't agree more if I wanted to! Boy, would I love to see the next practice when Stauber starts giving Frazee some instructions! :D

sad thing for Minnesota is Jeff has one more year left. I can't imagine NJ taking him early.

I wonder if Don Lucia is the market for another goalie?

What is sad is that so many great Sioux fans have bailed from this site recently and we are left with the short sighted nausea of trolls such as this. For those of you who are new, this same individual was preaching a similar demise for the Sioux prior to the arrival of Toews and Oshie. Bucky I won the debate regarding JT versus your one year wonder, would you care to have a round II. My prediction is that DT will be an extremely succesful DI player. The game was too easy for JT and he tended to play down to the level of the competiton. DT has to work a little harder than big brother for the results and we all know what hard work leads to in the WCHA. A good old game of spank the Gophers.

What is sad is that so many great Sioux fans have bailed from this site recently and we are left with the short sighted nausea of trolls such as this. For those of you who are new, this same individual was preaching a similar demise for the Sioux prior to the arrival of Toews and Oshie. Bucky I won the debate regarding JT versus your one year wonder, would you care to have a round II. My prediction is that DT will be an extremely succesful DI player. The game was too easy for JT and he tended to play down to the level of the competiton. DT has to work a little harder than big brother for the results and we all know what hard work leads to in the WCHA. A good old game of spank the Gophers.

I don't know who you're thinking of but it's not me. As you can see I joined this forum in December of '05 which was during the freshman season of Toews and Oshie. That would make it tough for me to predict a Sioux demise on this board prior to their arrival wouldn't you think? Got any other stuff you'd like to make up about me?

And for the record I'm not predicting a horrible season for the Sioux next year. I'm just saying losing your top two forwards, your top three d-men, and your #1 goalie is a lot to replace and it may be a down year for UND's standards. No need to get bent out of shape, it's just my opinion.