SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ MSU

AZSIOUX

tn_037.JPGtn_IMG_7505.JPGtn_IMG_2980.JPG

Sure nice seeing a stick salute for the SWEEP vs Michigan Tech. Huge series win for the Sioux and lets continue it down in mankato vs the mavericks. 3 wins in a row..lets make it 4 and 5.....Time for another SWEEP... GO SIOUX

SIOUX - Coming off a sweep at home vs Michigan Tech

3rd in WCHA Standings with 18 points

MAVERICKS - Coming off a Friday Overtime loss and a Saturday tie in Duluth

9th in WCHA Standings with 9 points

nodak.gif - 6th in Pairwise rankings

Overall Record: 12-8-1 (.595)

WCHA: 9-7-0, 18 points

Home: 7-4-0

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be at the games this weekend and would love to see a Sioux sweep. Should be a lot of fun. They played really good hockey this weekend against MTU. I am think this good have been a good turning point for this team and looking for another second half surge. Go Sioux!

Me and some friends of mine are going to the Saturday game, we have tickets through the FSC club. A few questions:

Where does the arena put the seats of the visiting team?

Does anyone know the alcohol policy of the arena?

How about where are fans staying? The Holiday Inn and Hilton Garden Inn have a skywalk connecting them to the arena, but are a little more expensive. Are there any other hotels in the area?

Me and some friends of mine are going to the Saturday game, we have tickets through the FSC club. A few questions:

Where does the arena put the seats of the visiting team?

Does anyone know the alcohol policy of the arena?

How about where are fans staying? The Holiday Inn and Hilton Garden Inn have a skywalk connecting them to the arena, but are a little more expensive. Are there any other hotels in the area?

1. Sioux fans will be all over, but the main sections we are in are 100, 101, 102, 200, 201, 202, 300, 301, 302. Tickets in those sections still remain by the way.

2. Unless things have changed since the last time the Sioux were there, they serve beer and mixed drinks at the arena.

3. Fans will be staying all over, the Holiday Inn is popular because it is so close to the arena and the bars. We have stayed at the Econolodge and Best Western in the past.

4. Some good places before the game would be Buffalo Wild Wings, Bluebricks and Pub 500. You always see a ton of Sioux fans at BWW and Blue Bricks before and after games. All are within a few blocks of the arena.

We're going down for both games as well. Let's get the crowd involved right away Sioux Fans.Any face offs in the end we're shooting at I'm starting the "LET'S GO SIOUX!" cheer as well at the 1 minute to go mark in each period. Feel free to join in. I felt the fans got involved when they were in St.Cloud on the Saturday night. Sioux are on a roll and let's help them continue. I see a stick salute on the ice coming again. See you there. :D

We're going down for both games as well. Let's get the crowd involved right away Sioux Fans.Any face offs in the end we're shooting at I'm starting the "LET'S GO SIOUX!" cheer as well at the 1 minute to go mark in each period. Feel free to join in. I felt the fans got involved when they were in St.Cloud on the Saturday night. Sioux are on a roll and let's help them continue. I see a stick salute on the ice coming again. See you there. :D

I don't think a stick salute on an opposing team's ice would be smart. It would get real ugly real quick. You would have to call in some of Mankato's finest to break that fight up. If you were talking about the next home series (against UAA), then I am with you.

I will be in Mankato next weekend. I went in 2004 and watched us sweep (with Fabian getting a hat trick on Saturday night). We need to sweep and Duluth and Minnesota need to split to keep the Rodents in their place and to keep Duluth out of our hair for third.

GO SIOUX, LET'S KEEP IT ROLLING!!!

I had sent in the FSC "application" for away tickets to this game, but cancelled after I saw 3rd row tickets on the Sioux end available through Ticketmaster.

If anyone's at the Holiday Inn, stop and have a drink with the "airmail" family. (kids will likely be in the pool, wife will likely be on her laptop, I'll be making sense of it all with a Bud-light in hand)

Since we have the kids along, BWW sounds like a great pre-game place to grab a beer and bite. See you there!

Seems very possible that the Sioux could sweep through UMN. I dont want to look to far ahead, but I am hoping that sweeps are contagious. MSUM is ranked 20 on USCHO.com, and it appears as though UMN could soon be the only MN hockey team unranked as they continue to fall and BSU gets more and more votes each week. When is the last time this has happen anyone know?

I'll be interesting to see how the Sioux do in the brawl against mankato this week without the force of the ultimate scrapper, Brian Lee

Sioux games against MSU will be shown on Charter Mainstreet both nights for those in southern Minnesota with charter cable. I will be at the game Saturday night with the wife (both 04 grads). We will likely be at BW's before the game and probably at Blue Bricks or BW's after the game.

Sioux games against MSU will be shown on Charter Mainstreet both nights for those in southern Minnesota with charter cable. I will be at the game Saturday night with the wife (both 04 grads). We will likely be at BW's before the game and probably at Blue Bricks or BW's after the game.

any webcasts? thx