SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

tn_037.JPGtn_IMG_5666.JPGtn_IMG_5859.JPG

What do you know....We split again :D Nice Saturday win for the Sioux. Can we keep it going? We havent swept a team in the regular season at The Ralph since October 2006. The last regular season sweep came the previous season. So I say we are do :lol: GO SIOUX

Previous Games for each team

SIOUX - split with scsu, lost friday 3-2 and won saturday 6-2

HUSKIES - swept mercyhurst on the road

Last Meeting between teams

Split in Houghton this season. Huskies won Friday night 3-1 and Sioux won Saturday night 6-0.

nodak.gif - 9th in pairwise rankings, 3rd in WCHA-14 points

Overall Record: 10-8-1 (.553)

WCHA: 7-7-0, 14 points

Home: 5-4-0

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This must be a sweep for the home team and the first stick salute of the season (in January! :D). Our goal from now on should be to secure a third place finish and then win the Final Five, which would give us some momentum going into the NCAA tournament. And that mission must start against MTU.

Prediction:

Friday: UND 2, MTU 0 (JPL with the shutout)

Saturday: UND 4, MTU 2 (Empty Net Goal seals the sweep)

Stick Salute here we come!!! :lol:

This must be a sweep for the home team and the first stick salute of the season (in January! :D). Our goal from now on should be to secure a third place finish and then win the Final Five, which would give us some momentum going into the NCAA tournament. And that mission must start against MTU.

Prediction:

Stick Salute here we come!!! :lol:

thats why i chose that photo - good karma here we come

tech has been playing solid hockey almost winning the GLI tourney, beating mich state and losing to michigan in double OT, solid team, we need these 2 wins and 4 points

This team has to get out in front early. Tech will clog the neutral zone and the middle of the rink, so we have to keep the passes short and work for shots.

This is a series where we must get some hard working rebound goals. No points for style against MTU.

Tonight was one of the best 60 minutes we've seen all year. Let's see if we can't roll that into a home sweep.

Get to the net hard early, bang one in. MTU can not run and gun with us, but they can win a tight-checking defensive battle, so first goal (once again) is key.

I liked the line chemistry tongiht. Hak might've gotten it right (finally)

I think we'll see Malone work into the lineup again. Miller still not doing much.

Defense still needs to get their head's on. I take the good, which outweighs the bad this year on Finley, Bina, Jones and Chorns. Genoway is looking good too now. Marto and Lapointe are playing like...well, freshmen. They need to adjust, come second half, noone's a freshman anymore

I know I should probably ask Tech fans but did Michael-Lee Teslak get injured? I've been looking at CollegeHockeyStats and the past few series there other goalie Rob Nolan has been playing. Which I'm totally fine with seeing Nolan instead of Teslak.

Hopefully the Sioux can play 2 strong games and earn a sweep.

GO SIOUX!!

I know I should probably ask Tech fans but did Michael-Lee Teslak get injured? I've been looking at CollegeHockeyStats and the past few series there other goalie Rob Nolan has been playing. Which I'm totally fine with seeing Nolan instead of Teslak.

Hopefully the Sioux can play 2 strong games and earn a sweep.

GO SIOUX!!

Apparently Teslak got re-injured against NMU. I had a Tech fans tell me it was NMU induced.

I'm sure Tech will play tough (what a shocker in the WCHA). Based on Hak's comments, I wouldn't be surprised to see Walski play one of the nights. Probably Saturday, depending on how Friday goes.

i dont like this idea at all. we are trying to get on a roll right now and get a damn sweep. now maybe walski plays and gets a big win for the sioux and that would be great but whatever hak chooses is cool.

i dont like this idea at all. we are trying to get on a roll right now and get a damn sweep. now maybe walski plays and gets a big win for the sioux and that would be great but whatever hak chooses is cool.

I don't see Walski starting anytime soon, I hope. I also agree that you have to go with your proven goaltender, Phil has played well and yep he has let in some weak goals but all goalies do, however, Phil isn't the reason we lost friday. Let Walski lay against BSU or UAA, however, they aren't a auto win either as BSU beat UMD tonight. I just don't like this idea that Walsky has some how earned a start, he has been nothing more than a soft 2nd goaltender and solid 3rd goalie that is unproven. I am not buying this logic.

Is that a hint of indirect negativity? "there's too much negativity on the boards"

Sioux split, same way as always.

Yes, because gasboy and a couple other friends and I are coming up for the games. Our record hasn't been stellar for the last several years:

2 ties against CC

Loss and tie against AA

Win and Tie against Duluth

Win and Tie against Mankato

It's hard to say how serious Hak was about that. When he mentioned it, I kind of got the feeling that he was telling Phil that we need his best performance every game, and if he's getting tired, maybe it's time he had a break. Hak commented that Phil definitely responded in last night's game, so I get the impression that he's earned next Friday's start regardless of what was said. Hard to say though, and as you said, Hak knows what's right for the team. He sees Walski practice every day.

This must be a sweep for the home team and the first stick salute of the season (in January! :lol:). Our goal from now on should be to secure a third place finish and then win the Final Five, which would give us some momentum going into the NCAA tournament. And that mission must start against MTU.

Prediction:

Stick Salute here we come!!! :0

dont you people see the continous jinx you put on the team :) Just say, lets hope for a sweep and keep it at that :D Heck im down for at least a home saturday win myself!

It's hard to say how serious Hak was about that. When he mentioned it, I kind of got the feeling that he was telling Phil that we need his best performance every game, and if he's getting tired, maybe it's time he had a break. Hak commented that Phil definitely responded in last night's game, so I get the impression that he's earned next Friday's start regardless of what was said. Hard to say though, and as you said, Hak knows what's right for the team. He sees Walski practice every day.

That crossed my mind too - if it was just a conversation to get Phil fired up, kind of like the response to "I'm thinking of sitting you down, Jimmy" in Miracle.

By no means do I think Phil is playing poorly (Friday can hardly be blamed on him). I don't think he should be sat based on performance. My only thought is that IF, mentally, he really does need a quick break (which Hak would know), I'd rather see it this weekend, so he can come back refreshed and start the hot streak. While we'd prob. all be more comfortable with Walski playing against UAA or BSU, those games are late enough in the season where you don't want to be switching things up, because the Sioux should already be on a hot streak.

Regardless of who plays, I trust Hak.

There's a reason Walski's wearing the garish green and white. I never saw him play in high school but trust the opinion of those who did. Granted, he's only played well enough during practice to stay on as the practice goalie. He's been on the bench for almost three years, I have never heard of his bi%hing and moaning because he doesn't play. I think that shows a lot of character and I'm damn glad to have him on the team. It would be great to have a goalie we can turn to if Philippe can't play for whatever reason.

Trust in Hak.

There's a reason Walski's wearing the garish green and white. I never saw him play in high school but trust the opinion of those who did. Granted, he's only played well enough during practice to stay on as the practice goalie. He's been on the bench for almost three years, I have never heard of his bi%hing and moaning because he doesn't play. I think that shows a lot of character and I'm damn glad to have him on the team. It would be great to have a goalie we can turn to if Philippe can't play for whatever reason.

Trust in Hak.

thats because he knows his role and has known it from day one, you will hardly ever hear a 3rd string walk on goalie complain on any program. they are there because they love the game, they know their role for sure or they wouldnt be there and want to be a part of a great program. most of them could go play on a d-2 team but chose this route. im guessing he may get 1 start this season but who knows.