SiouxSports.com Forum

2008 Roster

siouxnami

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott Foyt stuck around as a senior that didn't get much playing time as a senior.

and foyt wasnt a regualr for his first 3 years either, complete different situation, scott played 2,8,7,8 = 25 total games in 4 years for und all spot duty. radke has played 25,43,41 = 109 total games.

who may not be a regular in the lineup, he lost his d spot and they just stuck him at forward really

How did they just stick him at forward? Hakstol has said that he moved him to forward because he wanted a gritty hard-nosed forward and we had enough defensemen to move him. I don't want to be mean, but you do have to listen to what the coach has said. I will believe it when i see the link.

Hamilton leaving has been brought up before, and again I will believe it when I see the link. I actually asked a friend in the athletic departmen about that the first time and he laughed.

Grieco leaving would make ZERO sense. Why would he leave when he is the clear cut #2 this season and possibly the favorite for the #1 after Phil graduates?

NO way.

Hamilton leaving wouldn't surprise me, however. Other than moving closer to home, I don't understand why he wanted to come here in the first place. If he sticks it out, great, but he may have been dumb to transfer.

How did they just stick him at forward? Hakstol has said that he moved him to forward because he wanted a gritty hard-nosed forward and we had enough defensemen to move him. I don't want to be mean, but you do have to listen to what the coach has said. I will believe it when i see the link.

Hamilton leaving has been brought up before, and again I will believe it when I see the link. I actually asked a friend in the athletic departmen about that the first time and he laughed.

first off i like radke but he LOST his spot to a better d man in chay. he didnt get moved to forward because he is better at forward, sorry....the other options were martens and forney who were both hurt during the season and foyt who wasnt gona see the ice so there was kyles spot, yes he can play if hes at UND but dont act like they moved him there because they wanted to.....i hope he stays and plays on a grinder line for sure

I'm still surprised with that move. He is very valueable against teams with good team speed i.e (Gophers, Maine, Michigan). The only defenseman that has better skating skills or puck handeling skills is Chorney.

yeah, what the hell does hak know :silly:

Radke has shown to be a character kind of guy, who'll switch positions to help the team, and who'll go back to D when needed ... every team needs that kind of contribution.

I get a kick out of Radke. He did give UND's forwards a little "edge" last year. Character guy may be taking it a little far. What choice did he have? Play forward or sit on the bench. IMO, a character guy doesn't make a habit out of taking stupid 3rd period penalties all the bleeping time. :silly:

I get a kick out of Radke. He did give UND's forwards a little "edge" last year. Character guy may be taking it a little far. What choice did he have? Play forward or sit on the bench. IMO, a character guy doesn't make a habit out of taking stupid 3rd period penalties all the bleeping time. :silly:

Radke strikes me as the kind of guy that will do anything to win. The coaches could tell him to skate through a brick wall and he would ask, "How many times?"

Radke strikes me as the kind of guy that will do anything to win. The coaches could tell him to skate through a brick wall and he would ask, "How many times?"

He wouldn't ask how many times, 'cause it only takes once.

He'd ask, "Forwards or backwards?" (Reference to playing forward or defense.)

He wouldn't ask how many times, 'cause it only takes once.

He'd ask, "Forwards or backwards?" (Reference to playing forward or defense.)

Radke's a keeper; how many teams would love to have players like him who play the role asked of him without question. Add the upper class leadership to the equation, and he need to be a regular in the Sioux lineup.

:silly: Is Dave Hakstol going to be the siouxs 2007-2008 Head Coach?

und_hakstol.jpg

wow :silly: nah, he sucks, he only has been to the f-4 in his first 3 years there, we should probably look in a different direction, maybe like a jutting type

wow :silly: nah, he sucks, he only has been to the f-4 in his first 3 years there, we should probably look in a different direction, maybe like a jutting type

I'd say he needs to shape things up. He should be fired after the first game UND loses this next season. With UND's tradition and 14 upperclassmen on the team, there's no excuse for not going undefeated. Oh, and the fact that he hasn't kicked Finley, Grieco, and Lee off the team isn't doing him very good either. :silly:

• 1 month later...

Here is an update to this, right now I count the potential for 17 forwards, not counting Oshie, but holding out hope for Duncan. That is a very difficult lineup to crack... We are also set at goalie, but will need at least 1 more defender, maybe more.

Players that will still have eligibility but are likely to be gone:

T.J. Oshie, Taylor Chorney, Joe Finley

Returning Players

Forwards (12)

Ryan Duncan, Andrew Kozek, Ryan Martens, Brad Miller, Matt Watkins, Chris VandeVelde, Darcy Zajac, Michael Forney, Brad Malone, Evan Trupp, Matt Frattin, Brent Davidson

Defense (4)

Zach Jones, Chay Genoway, Derrick LaPoint, Jake Marto,

Goaltenders (2)

Aaron Walski, Anthony Grieco

I also put 5 forward in italics since they could also be a flight risk.

Elite Freshman Class (likely to be tops in the nation)

Forwards (5)

Brett Bruneteau, Mike Cichy, Jason Gregoire, David Toews, Brett Hextall

Defense (2)

Ben Blood, Joe Gleason

Goaltender (1)

Brad Eidness

I still would expect to see some defensive recruits soon.

Even if Duncan & Oshie leave after this season, we are still looking at having 4 "extra" forwards in 2008. That is an overload, IMO, because all the guys can probably perform at the WCHA level.

While it is a good problem to have on paper, I hope Hak can keep everyone's motivation up, because some good players are going to be sitting. That said, I'm very excited about some of UND's recruits. UND's future looks very strong!

Even if Duncan & Oshie leave after this season, we are still looking at having 4 "extra" forwards in 2008. That is an overload, IMO, because all the guys can probably perform at the WCHA level.

You always want 14-15 forwards on the roster because of injuries, illness, "Archibald" activities and/or "Prpich" events, slumps in play, and competiton in practice.