SiouxSports.com Forum

2008 Roster

siouxnami

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was asked if we will see any more recruits for 2008, here is what I think.

Goalies: (Need 3)

Aaron Walski

Brad Eidsness

NEED 1 MORE GOALIE

Defense: (Need 7 or 8)

Derrick LaPoint

Chay Genoway

Zach Jones

Jake Marto

Taylor Chorney

Joe Finley

Ben Blood

Corey Fienhage

Joe Gleason

I predict Finley and Chorney go pro, Blood definitely comes in. Fienhage likely comes in. I think Gleason may play juniors for a year (Frosh Offensive - Defensemen are very rare) This would leave room for 1 or possibly 2 defensive recruits (MacWilliam and/or McPherson).

Forwards: (Usually need 15)

Ryan Martens

Andrew Kozek

Darcy Zajac

Brad Miller

Brent Davidson

Michael Forney

Evan Trupp

Matt Watkins

Matt Frattin

Brad Malone

Chris VandeVelde

Brett Bruneteau

Mike Cichy

Brett Hextall

Mario Lamoureux

David Toews

Jason Gregoire

T.J. Oshie

Ryan Duncan

Talk about a tough lineup to crack. Currently there are 19 forwards eligible to play next year. I don't think any of the incoming forwards will defer for another year. Let's call Oshie and Duncan gone. I don't honestly know if Davidson will stick around, I am assuming that he will. That leaves 17 forwards. My guess is that between VV, Watkins, Kozek, Forney, and Miller maybe 1 or 2 get real hot and end up leaving. Any way I look at it, I don't think we will see any more forwards recruited for 2008.

So I predict 2 more 2008 recruits 1 Goalie, 1 Defender.

Aaron Walski

Brad Eidsness

NEED 1 MORE GOALIE

Derrick LaPoint

Chay Genoway

Zach Jones

Jake Marto

Taylor Chorney

Joe Finley

Ben Blood

Corey Fienhage

Joe Gleason

I predict Finley and Chorney go pro, Blood definitely comes in. Fienhage likely comes in. I think Gleason may play juniors for a year (Frosh Offensive - Defensemen are very rare) This would leave room for 1 or possibly 2 defensive recruits (MacWilliam and/or McPherson).

Ryan Martens

Andrew Kozek

Darcy Zajac

Brad Miller

Brent Davidson

Michael Forney

Evan Trupp

Matt Watkins

Matt Frattin

Brad Malone

Chris VandeVelde

Brett Bruneteau

Mike Cichy

Brett Hextall

Mario Lamoureux

David Toews

Jason Gregoire

T.J. Oshie

Ryan Duncan

Talk about a tough lineup to crack. Currently there are 19 forwards eligible to play next year. I don't think any of the incoming forwards will defer for another year. Let's call Oshie and Duncan gone. I don't honestly know if Davidson will stick around, I am assuming that he will. That leaves 17 forwards. My guess is that between VV, Watkins, Kozek, Forney, and Miller maybe 1 or 2 get real hot and end up leaving. Any way I look at it, I don't think we will see any more forwards recruited for 2008.

I think it would be ideal if we could get two defenders and keep Fienhage and Gleason as 09's. From what I've heard, Fienhage is quite raw and would benefit alot from playing a year in the USHL as would Gleason. If they don't, I think Gleason is the guy who would come in next year.

I think it would be ideal if we could get two defenders and keep Fienhage and Gleason as 09's. From what I've heard, Fienhage is quite raw and would benefit alot from playing a year in the USHL as would Gleason. If they don't, I think Gleason is the guy who would come in next year.

If Fienhage is a 1st/2nd round draft choice this summer (he's currently an A player on the CSS watch list), he won't want to play a year of jr. - and we wouldn't want him to. It would mean one less year at UND - he won't be a 4 year player.

what list of players are up for the draft this summer that we have coming in for 08 or 09

i know gregoire and blood, eidsness and bruneteau have already been drafted.

i think this is a start for the guys who will be drafted...thanks

Toews

Cichy

Fienhage

Gleason

what list of players are up for the draft this summer that we have coming in for 08 or 09

i know gregoire and blood, eidsness and bruneteau have already been drafted.

i think this is a start for the guys who will be drafted...thanks

Toews

Cichy

Fienhage

Gleason

Draft Eligible that are on CSS watch list:

A players

Fink

Fienhage

Toews

Kristo

B players

Cichy

Gleason

Draft Eligible that are on CSS watch list:

A players

Fink

Fienhage

Toews

Kristo

B players

Cichy

Gleason

perfect, thanks a lot!!

was that a record whe we had 3 players drafted in the first round a few years back? im pretty sure it is. from what i read toews seems to be the first rounder in this group but who the hell knows what scouts and teams have up their sleeves..ala THE OSHIE

Aaron Walski

Brad Eidsness

NEED 1 MORE GOALIE

Derrick LaPoint

Chay Genoway

Zach Jones

Jake Marto

Taylor Chorney

Joe Finley

Ben Blood

Corey Fienhage

Joe Gleason

Ryan Martens

Andrew Kozek

Darcy Zajac

Brad Miller

Brent Davidson

Michael Forney

Evan Trupp

Matt Watkins

Matt Frattin

Brad Malone

Chris VandeVelde

Brett Bruneteau

Mike Cichy

Brett Hextall

Mario Lamoureux

David Toews

Jason Gregoire

T.J. Oshie

Ryan Duncan

you honestly think forney would leave early because he was that good. I dont think a pro team would take a kid out of college who cant make the college line up.

I agree that Forney probably isn't going to leave early and I wouldn't be surprised if Duncan came back from his senior year

duncan, oshie, chorney and finely will be gone. and there will be 1 more probably that we dont see right now

duncan, oshie, chorney and finely will be gone. and there will be 1 more probably that we dont see right now

I agree that Oshie, Chorney, and Finley are gone after this year. And if VV or Kozek really light it up, one of them could sign too. But a part of me thinks that there is a chance that Duncan comes back for his Senior year. It probably won't happen, but of those players above, he is the most likely to stay I would say.

Of these 19 forwards:

Ryan Martens

Andrew Kozek

Darcy Zajac

Brad Miller

Brent Davidson

Michael Forney

Evan Trupp

Matt Watkins

Matt Frattin

Brad Malone

Chris VandeVelde

Brett Bruneteau

Mike Cichy

Brett Hextall

Mario Lamoureux

David Toews

Jason Gregoire

T.J. Oshie

Ryan Duncan

With Oshie gone for sure, that brings us to 18. Wow. Pick 6 from the list above to sit each night. That's crazy. Even if Duncan leaves, I think we could still see some player shifting...maybe Davidson not on the team or Forney going to the USHL for a year or something like Fylling did. Hard to say. There is definitely going to be some competition for playing time at forward!

I agree that Oshie, Chorney, and Finley are gone after this year. And if VV or Kozek really light it up, one of them could sign too. But a part of me thinks that there is a chance that Duncan comes back for his Senior year. It probably won't happen, but of those players above, he is the most likely to stay I would say.

Of these 19 forwards:

Ryan Martens

Andrew Kozek

Darcy Zajac

Brad Miller

Brent Davidson

Michael Forney

Evan Trupp

Matt Watkins

Matt Frattin

Brad Malone

Chris VandeVelde

Brett Bruneteau

Mike Cichy

Brett Hextall

Mario Lamoureux

David Toews

Jason Gregoire

T.J. Oshie

Ryan Duncan

With Oshie gone for sure, that brings us to 18. Wow. Pick 6 from the list above to sit each night. That's crazy. Even if Duncan leaves, I think we could still see some player shifting...maybe Davidson not on the team or Forney going to the USHL for a year or something like Fylling did. Hard to say. There is definitely going to be some competition for playing time at forward!

We could have a line of scratches that would be AA's #1 line... :silly:

Well, I guess there's some difficult decisions to be made then, especially if Duncan comes back.

This really is a great problem to have. I also think this is a deliberate attempt to get us out of a cycle we were in where we have ridiculously big classes in 2001, 2005 and potentially 2009. 2008 is crowded, but we don't take a step back in 2009.

i think that Oshie, Chorney, and Finley are gone for sure. Duncan is probable, but who knows. I think feinhage OR gleason will be in with blood, and then (heres my guess) davidson will be moved to the 7th spot on D. i think that VV will be here another year, but i could see kozek signing at the rate hes been going now. Forney will be in the lineup for sure if he can stay healthy...i think he will stay healthy.

i think that Oshie, Chorney, and Finley are gone for sure. Duncan is probable, but who knows. I think feinhage OR gleason will be in with blood, and then (heres my guess) davidson will be moved to the 7th spot on D. i think that VV will be here another year, but i could see kozek signing at the rate hes been going now. Forney will be in the lineup for sure if he can stay healthy...i think he will stay healthy.

oshie,duncan,chroney and finley will all be gone. plus one more in my eyes.

Of these 19 forwards:

Ryan Martens

Andrew Kozek

Darcy Zajac

Brad Miller

Brent Davidson

Michael Forney

Evan Trupp

Matt Watkins

Matt Frattin

Brad Malone

Chris VandeVelde

Brett Bruneteau

Mike Cichy

Brett Hextall

Mario Lamoureux

David Toews

Jason Gregoire

T.J. Oshie

Ryan Duncan

The thing that jumps out at me when I look at that list excluding Oshie and Duncan is that I don't see a definite number one line like we've had the past few years. I think we will be able to roll 4 lines and it may be hard to tell the difference between who is the first and who is the fourth line. That sure would be a nice problem to have.

The thing that jumps out at me when I look at that list excluding Oshie and Duncan is that I don't see a definite number one line like we've had the past few years. I think we will be able to roll 4 lines and it may be hard to tell the difference between who is the first and who is the fourth line. That sure would be a nice problem to have.

you dont see that because you havent seen any of the incoming freshman play i green and white. a couple of those players coming in could make their own #1 line, toews, gregoire and cichy looks damn good :D

you dont see that because you havent seen any of the incoming freshman play i green and white. a couple of those players coming in could make their own #1 line, toews, gregoire and cichy looks damn good :D

I was actually thinking that VV centering Toews and Gregoire would be my best guess as to being the top line.