SiouxSports.com Forum

Lee Watch

Sioux-cia

im thinking Ottawa hasn't talked a whole lot to him yet which is why no announcement. Seriously, it is not like they have had anything else on their minds lately. I'm sure there will be an anoucement soon, as to whether or not it is he is going or staying, that is up to Brian.

disagree, if ottawa says you are not ready for the nhl or ahl and we want to you to stay at und for 1 more year then its not up to brian, i say hes gone and plays a solid season in the ahl

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I still think Brian will sign as soon as the bonus money is worked out, seeing the Sens get their azzes beat up by the Ducks makes me wonder if Ottawa will re-think bring him in as he will not change the dynamic their current d-corps bring to the ice. Might the Sens instead decide to go after some big hitters?

Well, they should definitely get a few d-men who aren't afraid to go into the corners or protect their blue line, so I doubt Lee would help there. Pretty sad state of affairs for the NHL if these two teams are "the best". :bigsmile::silly:

Well, they should definitely get a few d-men who aren't afraid to go into the corners or protect their blue line, so I doubt Lee would help there. Pretty sad state of affairs for the NHL if these two teams are "the best". :bigsmile::silly:

They are not "the best", they just happen to be the two teams that survived. Check out this article by notorious Red Wings basher/hater Ted Montgomery, who says that the best team in the Wings-Ducks series did not win. www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/columnist/montgomery/2007-06-05-pronger-finals_N.htm. Any objective person who watched Games 3, 4 and 5 of that series should agree.

They are not "the best", they just happen to be the two teams that survived. Check out this article by notorious Red Wings basher/hater Ted Montgomery, who says that the best team in the Wings-Ducks series did not win. www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/columnist/montgomery/2007-06-05-pronger-finals_N.htm. Any objective person who watched Games 3, 4 and 5 of that series should agree.

Thanks for posting that article. My next question to this guy is granted Pronger's hit was questionable, and it debatable wether he should have be suspended. I am cool with the suspension because he is a repeat offender, however, what about Chris Neil? The guy's game consists of one questionable play after another. Last night during the game in the Second Period I believe; Neil was head hunting a duck player in the offensive zone. Now Neil didn't connect because he isn't a good enough player to keep up iwth the skilled boys but it he would have it would have been worse than Prongers hit.

I think when their names go on the Cup, they will go down in history as the best this year

I missed most of the playoffs - Now I wish I had watched more - but in the Finals the Ducks were difinitely the best

Thanks for posting that article. My next question to this guy is granted Pronger's hit was questionable, and it debatable wether he should have be suspended. I am cool with the suspension because he is a repeat offender, however, what about Chris Neil? The guy's game consists of one questionable play after another. Last night during the game in the Second Period I believe; Neil was head hunting a duck player in the offensive zone. Now Neil didn't connect because he isn't a good enough player to keep up iwth the skilled boys but it he would have it would have been worse than Prongers hit.

No disagreement. He is as bad or worse than anyone on the Ducks. Alfredsson's slap shot on Niedermeyer was also inexcusable. However, the Ducks are not very likeable because they have this penchant for running goalies and attempting to take out key players--if you saw the hit on Holmstrom, who was Detroit's most effective player to that point--you may agree with that assessment. Don't get me wrong--the Ducks are skilled and they are the champions. They also deserve the Cup and earned it. They were clearly better than Ottawa. I just get annoyed when I hear that the Ducks "physical play" is the reason they are champions. The truth is that they play on the edge and they got a bit lucky against the Wings (which you need to win championships) because they were outplayed for a majority of that series. Detroit matched them physically, and outshot, outchanced and outplayed them for most of that series. Giguere and a little bit of puck luck were the difference. Although the Ducks won and are deserving, it is my opinion (others may disagree) that the best team did not win which apparently is shared by at least one writer who ironically is always ripping the Wings. As Jason Noterman said, "hockey is a funny game."

No disagreement. He is as bad or worse than anyone on the Ducks. Alfredsson's slap shot on Niedermeyer was also inexcusable. However, the Ducks are not very likeable because they have this penchant for running goalies and attempting to take out key players--if you saw the hit on Holmstrom, who was Detroit's most effective player to that point--you may agree with that assessment. Don't get me wrong--the Ducks are skilled and they are the champions. They also deserve the Cup and earned it. They were clearly better than Ottawa. I just get annoyed when I hear that the Ducks "physical play" is the reason they are champions. The truth is that they play on the edge and they got a bit lucky against the Wings (which you need to win championships) because they were outplayed for a majority of that series. Detroit matched them physically, and outshot, outchanced and outplayed them for most of that series. Giguere and a little bit of puck luck were the difference. Although the Ducks won and are deserving, it is my opinion (others may disagree) that the best team did not win which apparently is shared by at least one writer who ironically is always ripping the Wings. As Jason Noterman said, "hockey is a funny game."

I am not going to argue with what you said. I guess I would rather be lucky than good and a few bounces definately went the Ducks way. I thought they were lucky to win the first two games of the finals.

He stated final decision hadn't been made yet, I believe he also referenced that Ottawa had been busy. He said there is no deadline as to when final decision will be made. IMO, he is waiting for an offer or a bigger one, very non-committal either way.

I saw that broadcast last night too... i also did not hear it i don't understand why he would leave this year so why not just tell us your staying..

well he may not say hes staying because hes trying to work out a deal to sign ;) if that doesnt work out then he will stay obviously, who knows....."yawns"

disagree, if ottawa says you are not ready for the nhl or ahl and we want to you to stay at und for 1 more year then its not up to brian, i say hes gone and plays a solid season in the ahl

ok, you have me there. though if they say here is what we will offer you to come though we think that you should stay at UND for one more year, it is still up to him on whether or not he dots that I in his name and puts it down on that line. Now, before you jump all over me, that is hypothetically and I am in no way a hockey expert who knows what the Sens are thinking.

ok, you have me there. though if they say here is what we will offer you to come though we think that you should stay at UND for one more year, it is still up to him on whether or not he dots that I in his name and puts it down on that line. Now, before you jump all over me, that is hypothetically and I am in no way a hockey expert who knows what the Sens are thinking.

ya never know i guess.....i still think hes going

Typically the longer a player waits the more they want to leave. What could happen is you could have situation similar to Okposo where he wanted to sign but the organization didn't feel he is ready, which I wouldn't blaim Ottawa because I don't feel Brian is ready for the NHL level. Sometimes it's not always based on what the player wants to do but more what the NHL organization wants the player to do.

Typically the longer a player waits the more they want to leave. What could happen is you could have situation similar to Okposo where he wanted to sign but the organization didn't feel he is ready, which I wouldn't blaim Ottawa because I don't feel Brian is ready for the NHL level. Sometimes it's not always based on what the player wants to do but more what the NHL organization wants the player to do.

and to go along with your comment, they would say maybe the AHL would be better for a year as you are not ready for the nhl and to that the player doesnt like so they come back for another year in college.

Anyone think that Brian may want to go and Ottowa offered him the standard deal(not the max and certainly a very small bonus) and said we think you should stay at UND and develop but if you want to go to the AHL here is your deal(2 way contract for sure)? I have a feeling that is kind of what happened with Okposo.

Anyone think that Brian may want to go and Ottowa offered him the standard deal(not the max and certainly a very small bonus) and said we think you should stay at UND and develop but if you want to go to the AHL here is your deal(2 way contract for sure)? I have a feeling that is kind of what happened with Okposo.

That's what I was saying above.

What if he doesn't feel that he's developing the way he would have liked to at UND?

I suppose you could ask that question. I would say that UND has done a pretty good job developing Commie, Greene, Jones et al... Possible...

That is what I read too for KO...