SiouxSports.com Forum

Duncan, Chorney staying

PCM

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Duncan and Chorney already have TJ on the hook to stay :lol: I hope. And if Chicago drafts the Russian kid and they can't get him over here this year due to the bargaining issues, maybe JT says what the hell do I have to go to Chicago for, I'll stay one more year, win my third world junior championship, win #8 with the Sioux as the captain, then go make my millions when I am finally 20. My world is much cheerier with my green colored glasses on, especially since it is snowing in the middle of April. Go Sioux!

Hey DAR, what are you going to complain about now? :lol:

So far so good. I'll keep my fingers crossed that a few more possible departures will stick around, but if not at least we've dodged a couple of bullets. There have been recent years when just about everybody who could leave, left. The dike is holding for the moment, let's see how strong it is.

As fans we are fortunate to have two fine young men sticking around for another year. We should never take this for granted.

I think Duncan and Chorney already have TJ on the hook to stay :lol: I hope. And if Chicago drafts the Russian kid and they can't get him over here this year due to the bargaining issues, maybe JT says what the hell do I have to go to Chicago for, I'll stay one more year, win my third world junior championship, win #8 with the Sioux as the captain, then go make my millions when I am finally 20. My world is much cheerier with my green colored glasses on, especially since it is snowing in the middle of April. Go Sioux!

As much as I believe Toews will be gone, this may not be so unrealistic. In your scenario, you mention if Chicago drafts the Russian kid and cannot get him over here...but even if they do get him here, Toews may decide to wait as it could be tougher to make the big club (although he would fit in). Also, if they draft Pat Kane, maybe Kane goes and Toews waits a year. There just seems to be something with how close-knit this team and these guys are.

As I said before, I think Toews is gone, although I hope he stays, and Bernie Burgraff also had said that he'd be surprised if he leaves after his conversations with Toews.

From Dumb and Dumber:

Lloyd: What are the chances of a guy like you and a college like the Sioux... staying together for 1 more year?

Jonny T: Well, that's pretty difficult to say.

Lloyd: Hit me with it! I've come a long way to see you, Jonny. The least you can do is level with me. What are my chances?

Jonny T: Not good.

Lloyd: You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?

Jonny T: I'd say more like one out of a million.

[pause]

Lloyd: So you're telling me there's a chance!

no kidding...it's not like he's going to know what to do with millions moreso when he's 19....all he needs to know is that they are there and he won't have time to spend it right away anyways

look for tj to stay as well!!

I think sometimes "we" give these young men too little credit as far as making decisions that are best for them. Obviously staying in the college atmosphere/setting is what is best for alot of these guys. Some will feel that turning professional is what is best. But in a day and age of greedy, me! me! athletes (MLB and NBA players at the top of the list), it is refreshing to see these 2 young men put friendships, teammates and an experience that college provide as a priority at this point in their lives.

Now with that being said, I would not have any issues if Toews, Lee or Oshie turns pro or stays for another year. Although it would be nice to have them all around next year, I have no doubt that each will make the best decision for them down the road. And those decisions, whether "we" approve or not, should be respected.

if all we end up losing is toews and yes i believe he was the best player in the nation we still will have a very special team that can do some damage. the blue line will be stacked with talent and EXPERIENCE and having duncs and osh back is pretty damn sweet....sounds liek they want #8 more than anyone would ever think....

having duncs and osh back is pretty damn sweet....sounds liek they want #8 more than anyone would ever think....

How are you so sure that Oshie is coming back?

But I agree, that would be quite the team if Oshie, Duncan, and Chorney all stick around.

They would definitely be one of the favorites for the WCHA and NCAA title.