SiouxSports.com Forum

Duncan, Chorney staying

PCM

Goon, I think you're right. I never knew anybody from Rugby that I liked, except my West Hall RA Bill. :(

Ryan Duncan is what is right with college sports, and if you impugn his character, then are you not saying that the American higher education system is at fault? I put it to you, RC, is this not an indictment of the entire United States. Gentlemen, I'm not going to stand around and let this troll

badmouth my country! :D

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Goon, I think you're right. I never knew anybody from Rugby that I liked, except my West Hall RA Bill. :p

Ryan Duncan is what is right with college sports, and if you impugn his character, then are you not saying that the American higher education system is at fault? I put it to you, RC, is this not an indictment of the entire United States. Gentlemen, I'm not going to stand around and let this troll

badmouth my country! :(

I challenge you to show me one time where I impugned Duncan's character. I have not said one single thing that is derogatory about him. I think he's a great player and I hope he stays.

The fact of the matter is that he is coming off a Hobey Baker year. His NHL stock is at an all time high right now. If an NHL team calls on him again and makes him an offer that he can't refuse, I would not blame him one single bit for taking the money. I don't think he would be a liar if he did. If I did, then I would be impuning his character.

Here's an analogy. Someone says, "I'm never getting married" Two months later he meets an incredible girl, falls in love and gets married. Is he a liar? Not in my book. At the time he said it, he truthfully meant it. But things changed

I know there's been MANY times when I've said, "I'm never drinking again." :D

I challenge you to show me one time where I impugned Duncan's character. I have not said one single thing that is derogatory about him. I think he's a great player and I hope he stays.

The fact of the matter is that he is coming off a Hobey Baker year. His NHL stock is at an all time high right now. If an NHL team calls on him again and makes him an offer that he can't refuse, I would not blame him one single bit for taking the money. I don't think he would be a liar if he did. If I did, then I would be impuning his character.

Here's an analogy. Someone says, "I'm never getting married" Two months later he meets an incredible girl, falls in love and gets married. Is he a liar? Not in my book. At the time he said it, he truthfully meant it. But things changed

I know there's been MANY times when I've said, "I'm never drinking again." :D

Reality- I think you've made your point about 3 or 4 times over. We get it. btw, is Johnson or Okposo staying? I for one, hope they do.

Reality- I think you've made your point about 3 or 4 times over. We get it. btw, is Johnson or Okposo staying? I for one, hope they do.

I'm sorry if I had to restate my point but it seemed to be falling on deaf ears. I don't like to be accused of trolling when I feel I'm bringing up what I feel are honest points. I also NEVER bad mouth people and don't like to be accused that I am.

I really hope they do too. :D

They are facing the same choices that Kessel, Vanek, Toews after their freshmen seasons. Vanek and Toews came back for at least their sophomore years, Kessel went to the NHL.

I really hope they do too. :D

They are facing the same choices that Kessel, Vanek, Toews after their freshmen seasons. Vanek and Toews came back for at least their sophomore years, Kessel went to the NHL.

i say EJ is gonzo from all interviews and so forth. i would like to see okposo back as its great for the wcha, guess it depends on how he feels with the gophs team or how close the isles feel he is to playing in the nhl.

I'm sorry if I had to restate my point but it seemed to be falling on deaf ears.

This team lost five players early last season. It's been losing players early for the past several seasons. It's not as if this is the first time it's happened. I know you consider yourself the voice of enlightment, but you're not telling us anything we didn't already know.