SiouxSports.com Forum

Does UND plan on getting new fb uniforms?

johnnyroyale

With your impending move to FCS, do any of you know if UND plans on updating your uniforms? As you know, NDSU updated ours when we moved up. Kinda of a "fresh start" or "new era" sort of thinking, I guess. Would a (negative) NCAA nickname decision affect this? Another question would be how many of you would be in favor of updating your unis, regardless of the nickname issue. I am not talking wholesale changes, just some small updates, newer styles, etc while still reflecting the UND Fighting Sioux moniker. I for one was pleased when NDSU updated ours. I think the new ones look more "DI" and I like how most FCS teams sew their conference patch onto their jerseys. It also felt like NDSU was ushering a new era of Bison Football, which, in effect, we are. I am curious as to what you guys think. Not about our jerseys (no need for another smack fest) but about your own.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not be opposed to new jerseys, as long as they are done tastefully. There is nothing wrong with an occasional change to the design (but lets not get like the Gophers hockey team and get new uniforms every year or so). I personally would like to see a larger Sioux logo on it. But I also like having a traditional design, and the "ND," if I am not mistaken, is the logo they have historically used. The hockey team got new jerseys when the new REA was built.

I think the new ones look more "DI" and I like how most FCS teams sew their conference patch onto their jerseys.

IIRC, the Bison went to that new "modern" pant stripe and changed from yellow to green pants for away games.

Personally, I can't stand the new Vikings-esque pant stripe and I would throw up if UND went in that direction. I prefer the traditional look for college teams.

IIRC, the Bison went to that new "modern" pant stripe and changed from yellow to green pants for away games.

Personally, I can't stand the new Vikings-esque pant stripe and I would throw up if UND went in that direction. I prefer the traditional look for college teams.

The Bison actually changed the pants and jerseys for the away unis. The pants are green with the "modern" (yellow) stripe down the side and they also added the new Bison-Head logo to the pants. They used a slightly different shade of dark green for the pants that I think looks great. The jerseys had to be changed again after 2005 because announcers and spectators had trouble distinguishing the numbers when the players were down on the field. The yellow numbers on a white jersey looked blurry. They fixed that last year by outlining the yellow numbers with a green border so they stood out better. They also embroidered the numbers on as opposed to a standard silk-screening. I like the embroidered look much better. It gives the jersey a higher quality look. They also have a yellow stripe (well, kind of a stripe?) that runs down from the armpit to waist area that's pretty cool. I am looking fwd to attending the Spring Game (April 21st at The Dome) to see what kind of gear they'll be selling. They usually have a large selection of game-worn jerseys and other items that a person can purchase and you never know what you'll find digging through the racks. Every year is different and I enjoy that almost as much as watching the game itself. Does UND do something like this for your Spring Game?

I am looking fwd to attending the Spring Game (April 21st at The Dome) to see what kind of gear they'll be selling. They usually have a large selection of game-worn jerseys and other items that a person can purchase and you never know what you'll find digging through the racks. Every year is different and I enjoy that almost as much as watching the game itself. Does UND do something like this for your Spring Game?

That sounds like the rather, shall we politely say, "Filene's Basement" (aka no-holds-barred-free-for-all) approach. Anyone who's ever been to Boston knows to what I refer.

UND has game worn jerseys up for bid at most home hockey games. It's the more "Sotheby's" approach.

I like the interlocking ND, they've used it forever. I wouldn't change anything about the home uniforms. However I wouldn't mind if they did away with the black pants for away games. I would also like to see the player's name on the back of jerseys.

I also like Colonels, Generals, Bombers, Minuteman, ect--something unique

" ... somthing unique"? :sad:

Colonels - George Washington University

Generals - as in the former USFL New Jersey franchise, or the team the Globetrotters pound for show

Bombers - see CFL, Winnipeg, Blue variety

Minutemen - may I refer you to a university in Amherst, Massachusetts.

Go Cavalry. (bugle charge call here)

I do like the ... Vegas ... gold. ;)

I like the interlocking ND, they've used it forever. I wouldn't change anything about the home uniforms. However I wouldn't mind if they did away with the black pants for away games. I would also like to see the player's name on the back of jerseys.

I'm with you on the black pants. Green helmets, white jersey's and black pants........never did like that combo. As for the interlocking ND, well, the fact that I use it for my avatar tells you what I think of it.

" ... somthing unique"? :sad:

Colonels - George Washington University

Generals - as in the former USFL New Jersey franchise, or the team the Globetrotters pound for show

Bombers - see CFL, Winnipeg, Blue variety

Minutemen - may I refer you to a university in Amherst, Massachusetts.

Go Cavalry. (bugle charge call here)

I do like the ... Vegas ... gold. ;)

George Washington is the Colonials. However, there was the Kentucky Colonels of the ABA. But I'm pretty sure there have been some minor league teams called the Cavalry as well. Not many unique names that aren't of the rediculous variety, a la Heat and Wild.

George Washington is the Colonials. However, there was the Kentucky Colonels of the ABA. But I'm pretty sure there have been some minor league teams called the Cavalry as well. Not many unique names that aren't of the rediculous variety, a la Heat and Wild.

Eastern Kentucky is called the Colonels.

How is this for unique, the University of North Dakota Aurora. Keep the colors. Use the logo Sioux, somehow???

aurora_andreassen.jpg

The aura of the Aurora.

I hope not. As cool as the thing is, it aint suitable for a nickname. The one thign we can't pick is some abstract thing that can't have a personality. Names with colors in front aren't good either.

For those who feel that there is nothing wrong with UND's current uniforms (aside from the black pants - please get rid of those), I would direct you to this website. Lots of good info and discussion on athletic aesthetics.

For those of you who think this is a good looking uniform...i just don't know what to say.