SiouxSports.com Forum

2007-2008 ND High School Hockey

riders06

It just sucks that the better team didn't win. RR was the best team this year. Their season in many peoples minds is a failure becasue they didn't win the big game. This team has competed with the best of the best. They took Roseau Minnesota's #1 to OT and lost on a fluke call. It sucks that GPR had six men on the ice and it wasn't called. You Grafton people know it too. In my mind this team will not be forgotten. You can't judge a team by one goal.

They got tight under pressure. Simple as that.

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a good game. No reason arguing about who won, who lost, who got screwed. It's not changing now.

anyone have thoughts on next year? Will Red River re-load like normal? Will GFC be the top team in Forks next year? What about G-PR, they were loaded with Juniors, repeat? Will Fargo South be back with a talented team?

It was a good game. No reason arguing about who won, who lost, who got screwed. It's not changing now.

anyone have thoughts on next year? Will Red River re-load like normal? Will GFC be the top team in Forks next year? What about G-PR, they were loaded with Juniors, repeat? Will Fargo South be back with a talented team?

I didn't get to see much HS hockey this year, but what I did see at the State Tournament was pretty fun to watch. G-PR will be good again next year with all of their juniors returning. I would also think that RR will re-load like usual. I have heard (although didn't see them play) that Central should be good as they were fairly young this year and some of their top players were Freshman or Sophomores. South should also be in the mix.

All in all, I think the outlook for next year looks pretty good in the East, and I may have to get out and watch more games!

Anyone know if Chad Demers is going anywhere to play

Why ask this when you're from Grafton and you know just as much as everyone else on hear does about Demers? The kid is good but he is not good enough to play WCHA hockey, I can see him playing in the USHL for a couple of years and then going to BSU or a school like that.

Why ask this when you're from Grafton and you know just as much as everyone else on hear does about Demers? The kid is good but he is not good enough to play WCHA hockey, I can see him playing in the USHL for a couple of years and then going to BSU or a school like that.

From what I saw this weekend, with a bit of size and seasoning in the USHL, Demers will be a DI player and could fit in the WCHA.

RR year in and year out is the best in ND hockey, that is what they mean by reload. And ND only has one division unlike MN who have A and AA.

Ok, thanks. I thought maybe they were like Duluth East and are known to bring in players to go to school there.

Word is that Demers was on a visit with UND on sunday.

From just a numbers standpoint, I can never understand the point of bringing up ND vs Minn HS hockey. Minnesota has 84 Class A hockey teams and 71 AA teams, about nine times the ND number. The Class A ranks in Minnesota have enrollments that go all the way to nearly 1500 students (like Bemidji, Alexandria, St Cloud Apollo, etc. etc). In North Dakota, the only schools that would automatically be Minnesota AA would be Minot, Fargo South, West Fargo, and possibly Bismarck, which would make less than 1/2 a AA section in Minnesota. The other 14 teams would make barely more than one Class A section in Minnesota. Furthermore, than are a lot of very weak teams in MN HS hockey: Wahpeton couldn't beat a single ND team (including even the west's last place Hazen-Beulah), but yet beat four Minnesota teams (Walker, Morris, Red Lake Falls, and Bagley). Yet no one discusses the weak state of Minnesota hockey HS predominant in midstate, southern MN, Minneapolis, St. Paul, and older/poorer suburbs.

Strong HS programs for small Minnesota schools like Roseau, Warroad, East Grand Forks, and Crookston are an exception, not a rule. For the population of ND relative to MN, ND HS hockey does quite well in producing talent and competitive teams.

Red River and Central would be in AA if they played in minn!

The only question that arises from this topic is who has a chance to beat Red River? I see them going undefeated and having 2 finalists for Mr. Hockey. I don't think anyone in North Dakota will play a close game with them.

That's why you shouldn't speculate so early. RR played close games with GPR, DL (on one occasion), Roseau and Fargo South, among others. GPR even beat them twice. Sorry for quoting you riders, but you're the first one to post like this (of many), and it's these kinds of posts I find as worthless, because I'm just waiting for the 2008-2009 thread to start with similar posts.

Good call on the 2 Mr. Hockey finalists though. :blush:

Oh, and yes that was a pretty obvious too many men on the ice. However, as happens all the time with refs, they miss calls and miscall penalties. As there is no video replay in NDHS hockey, they couldn't do anything about it because none of the refs saw it. Tough luck for RR, but it happens to teams all the time, not just RR, and you can't change it now. I can guarantee those refs are getting ripped into by their higher-ups for that one.

Some of you people really need to get a life. It's unfortunate for athletes that all ND high school sports don't have instant replay. Refs have been missing calls and making poor calls for years. This isn't the first time and unfortunately, it won't be the last. Congrats to both teams for giving us fans a great game to watch.

It just sucks that the better team didn't win. RR was the best team this year. Their season in many peoples minds is a failure becasue they didn't win the big game. This team has competed with the best of the best. They took Roseau Minnesota's #1 to OT and lost on a fluke call. It sucks that GPR had six men on the ice and it wasn't called. You Grafton people know it too. In my mind this team will not be forgotten. You can't judge a team by one goal.

Some of you RR fans look like a bunch of sore losers and you know it too.

Some of you people really need to get a life. It's unfortunate for athletes that all ND high school sports don't have instant replay. Refs have been missing calls and making poor calls for years. This isn't the first time and unfortunately, it won't be the last. Congrats to both teams for giving us fans a great game to watch.

I concur. Let it go. Mistakes happen. Remember the 5th down?

It was a good game thought and congrats to the Spoilers.

I concur. Let it go. Mistakes happen. Remember the 5th down?

It was a good game thought and congrats to the Spoilers.

Sorry...do not let it go! Use this game as absolute proof why replay must be used. There is too much at stake. This should be the last time a ND hockey championship is ever decided by the refs. to shut up and say nothing will only allow this BS to continue.

Sorry...do not let it go! Use this game as absolute proof why replay must be used. There is too much at stake. This should be the last time a ND hockey championship is ever decided by the refs. to shut up and say nothing will only allow this BS to continue.

Of course mistakes should be corrected and improvements should be made. The state championship game takes place in a modern rink equipped with video replay, perhaps that is something the could be utilized in the future. But I think the discussion on here as gotten to the point that it is just ridiculous.

Edit: Well, it has now gone to epic proportions. It is the lead story on the Fargo Forum's website. Though I don't blame them for putting it up.

In watching most of the games this weekend I think GPR and RR were pretty even.

Regardless if the refs made the wrong call you still have to play through the adversity.

Both teams when it was 2-2 had numerous opportunities.