SiouxSports.com Forum

2007-2008 ND High School Hockey

riders06

the most embarrassing part of the whole ordeal isn't that the officials missed a call, but how the red river student section and several other fans reacted after the overtime goal was scored by littering the ice with trash, signs and then throwing things at the grafton players as they celebrated....it was a disgusting act of childish, spoiled, self righteous disrespect and the administrators and teachers at red river should be absolutely embarrassed with the way they were represented by the students and fans. absolutely disgusting...

Both sides were throwing things on the ice...happens every single year, win or lose.

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both sides were throwing things on the ice...happens every single year, win or lose.

i understand that but as i sat and watched these kids throw things, they weren't just throwing it onto the ice...they were aiming at the grafton players..i even saw a grafton player catch a water bottle as it hit him in the chest.....its a deplorable act to begin with just throwing it on the ice, but to be doing it with malice towards the players or officials....

Let just say Malm got out coached!!!!! What was he doing running 2 lines when he has a deeper bench into the 3rd overtime.

I would rahter have an RR fresh third and 4th line over a GFR tired second line. Malm should have utilized is bench a little bit more. The kids from

GPR have been running 2 lines since they won the Pee Wee A state title.

Well about the throwing stuff on the ice, it does happen every year. But it my beelif that only the RR kids threw stuff at the GPR players cuz they came and banged on there glass righ tafter they scored.

they scored and piled into the corner!!!!! i don't care where it happens...there's no excuse for it....when you score a goal that big the absolute LAST thing you're thinking about is where you celebrate!! to say it was "red rivers glass" is just silly... had they skated around for a minute and made it a point to do RIGHT in front of the red river students (ala danny irmen in front of the sioux student section a couple years ago) then that's just piss poor on the players part....this was not the case saturday night however

Well about the throwing stuff on the ice, it does happen every year. But it my beelif that only the RR kids threw stuff at the GPR players cuz they came and banged on there glass righ tafter they scored.

Well then if that was the reason then i guess the crowd would litter the ice whenever a player makes an action towards the crowd at a sioux game.

I did see Red River's 3rd line on the ice in the 2nd and 3rd overtime. What are you talking about? They may have missed a couple of shifts due to Red River having last change and the matching being done. But the 3rd line did indeed play. I do not believe Coach Malm got outcoached, however he would probably have you think that way if for any reason it deflected anything negetive away from the kids. I have never seen a coach year in year out continually get these players to become better young people along with becoming better hockey players. Yes, Coach Malm gets some incredibly talented kids into his program, but that doesn't mean you're just going to win. I particularly didn't like Brad Schlossmans attack on his blog today, I firmly believe it Matt Malm's statement that if he was in the same position he wouldn't feel as if that state title was as warranted. The first thing was, and most things out of Coach Malm's mouth after this whole ordeal has been nothing but complimentary to the play and performance of GPR. That doesn't mean he shouldn't be allowed to show disappointment in the missed call against his team, and the one thing about the response that Schlossman featured and jumped all over, he was responding to a hypothetical question- that's all and he answered it. Malm didn't get outcoached- Red River didn't get outplayed- GPR just won the championship on a wonderful play in the 3rd ot, that's how it works sometimes. Congrats to them.

Im a Senior at Red River High School and am totally ashamed of my peers. I am especially ashamed of the students that called into the Big Show today and used foul language and are trying to taint GPRs win. Its alright to be sour about a win. Its apart of life but to try to go onto the radio to want to tell GPR players when they look at their rings/trophies years down the road to remember that they are cheaters...that they cheated the game. Thats just a disgusting attitude, shine a poor light on Red River. I've heard that the students were horrible all day. I cant believe how much the students use the "you suck chant" ..... and screaming F*** THEM UP SIMO, durring the NATIONAL ANTHEM for christ sakes. This might be hypocritical to my BUZZKILL topic but i will voice on thr what i think should be done.

First of all, absolutely the penalty should have been called. The refs should be held accountable for missing it. However, there is no way the goal could have been called off, even with instant replay. Too many men on the ice is a penalty, a goal cannot be called off because a ref missed a penalty. This situation is directly comparable to any other penalty. Let

the most embarrassing part of the whole ordeal isn't that the officials missed a call, but how the red river student section and several other fans reacted after the overtime goal was scored by littering the ice with trash, signs and then throwing things at the grafton players as they celebrated....it was a disgusting act of childish, spoiled, self righteous disrespect and the administrators and teachers at red river should be absolutely embarrassed with the way they were represented by the students and fans. absolutely disgusting...

Yeah, UND fans NEVER throw anything on the ice.

Yeah, UND fans NEVER throw anything on the ice.

here...i'll highlight it for YOU.....AGAIN

i never said that it was ok for sioux fans to do it either...i think it's absolutely retarded when people throw stuff on the ice..it slows down the game...could cost the home team a penalty...and makes your fans look like idiots and makes the team look bad.....players could get hurt...all around just stupid to do

hats on a hometeam hattrick or like the bears thing at saturdays sioux game...chuck a puck....cool....throwing !@#$ at the players or just throwing !@#$ on the ice to show that you are a spoiled loser...not cool

i think it's just stupid that people would use that argument....just cuz another teams fans does it doesn't make it right

Every year after the championship game the winning team and the losing team both throw objects onto the ice. I was sitting in the front row of the student section and as soon as I knew for sure the game was over, I threw my sign and stick over. Not trying to hit anybody nor was anyone else UNTIL the GPR players skated by. They didnt just skate by though, they were jersey popping, taunting and even taking the signs, laughing and throwing them back at us. I think it was funny though as a GPR cheerleader walked by the student section and made a crying face at us to be a little b*tch, someone threw a bottle at her and just barely missed. Happens every year, especially after we just got jipped from a game.

Every year after the championship game the winning team and the losing team both throw objects onto the ice. I was sitting in the front row of the student section and as soon as I knew for sure the game was over, I threw my sign and stick over. Not trying to hit anybody nor was anyone else UNTIL the GPR players skated by. They didnt just skate by though, they were jersey popping, taunting and even taking the signs, laughing and throwing them back at us. I think it was funny though as a GPR cheerleader walked by the student section and made a crying face at us to be a little b*tch, someone threw a bottle at her and just barely missed. Happens every year, especially after we just got jipped from a game.

GPR STATE CHAMPS BABY!!...f you RR

idk he said the big show. what ever that is

1310 talk radio.. dont fret the small stuff.. ..1p-2p "The Show With No Name" with Mike McNamara

Coach Bill Chase, Nick Schaefer, and Ryan LaDouceur were on talking about the controversial non-call during the Championship Game. Also about how they are dealing with the season. The host took a dump on the Red River students???(rightfully so) Douce Uncle called in to say hes proud of him. A old timer from grafton called in to tell Nick how he was proud of him. Among other Red River kids making asses out of themselves. Some kid called in right away and couldnt even talk, he choked up but what I picked up through his studdering was. Dontchya think it was cheap that they took the win from you and crap like that.

Coach Chase, Nick, and Ryan hats off to you guys. Specially the two athelets they sure as hell handled themselves in a respectable manner.

NDstatehockey. well. i discussed your comment with Teddy Roosevelt he wanted me to tell you "F-U-2!"

GF Herald

I think this article says it all. Rules are enforced by refs. You play the game based on the refs interpretation and enforcement of the rules, not by the rules alone. This is similar to the courts and the rules of the land. I think everyone will disagree with the lack of enforcement by the refs but it shouldn't take away from the win. Just because the refs interpretation or enforcement of the rules isn't how most view it (this incident being completely unintentional), it is how the game must be played. Great game by both teams.