SiouxSports.com Forum

2007-2008 ND High School Hockey

riders06

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It must feel good to go on a message board and rip on a kid who is a Mr. Hockey finalist.

hey you turd we're not coming on here to say that this kid isnt worthy.

Its already been stated before and ill say it again. There are much, much, much more worthy kids that should be finalist. Thats FINAL! YOU WANNA KNOW WHY. CUZ IM A HIGHSCHOOL KID AND I KNOW EVERYTHING!!!! you two turdlets can take your education and shove it. Come on here and insult highschool kids intelligence, when you should be the one checking out your head. What do you expect??? DO YOU KNOW THE TITLE TO THIS TOPIC. U NIMWIT. HIGH SCHOOL HOCKEY!!!

bhs 4, north 0

gpr 2, mandan 0

looks like 0 for 2 :0

edit: i think you have to be within a couple of goals to even consider it a correct prediction :lol:

gfrr 8, century 2... can't give you that one, still off 8 goals

south 4, whs 1... your closest one yet, but since you misspelled williston, i can't give this one to you either

0 for 4, tough day :lol:

bhs v. gpr should be a good game today

i don't know what the scores were earlier in the year, but souths soph. goalie they switched to halfway through the season is pretty solid, he will need to be outstanding to keep gfrr off the scoreboard today

it should be the two teams everyone thought it would be, but bhs could pull out a win

Well I suppose I was a bit off. But watching that game it seemed like RR squandered numerous chances. 60-10 edge in shots and the score could've been worse.

Grafton will need to play better today than they did yesterday to have a chance to win it. It seemed like they gave up a lot of good scoring chances that a better team will capitalize on.

Century and Williston are two very bad teams.

Rehak is solid defensively but just about average offensively. Players like him are a dime a dozen (in juniors and whatnot). I would take both of RR's D-men over him. Not a knock on him, he just doesn't do a whole lot with the puck when he has it.

Red River started off a bit slow but then picked it up. I expect a convincing win over South tonight.

For a team that's down 2-0 in the third (Mandan), it sure seemed like there wasn't much of a sense of urgency to win. Their goalie played exceptionally well, however. I thought he turned in the best performance of the day.

GPR-BHS will be the best game of the day. I'm thinking Grafton will pick it up tonight, however, and earn their spot for Saturday night.

mr. blanston... since it is a snowballs chance in hell, we will start with juniors. you give me 25-1 odds (much better than a snowballs chance in hell i would say), and you name the price, and i will take the bet. rehak is anything but average, and if he decides to go that route, he could play right along your east side golden boys in the ushl. rr is very talented and has some great players, that does not mean a great player cannot come out of the west. if you have seen rehak play many times as you claim, then you are just a horrible judge of hockey talent.

Alright, 250-10. If this kid is on a USHL roster at this time next year, you win. If he is not, I win.

"if you have seen rehak play many times as you claim, then you are just a horrible judge of hockey talent."

Have you ever seen a USHL game before? Skill wise, he doesn't stand a chance.

I think we had this exact same argument last year when a kid from the west won Mr. Hockey. Predictably, he's had a less than average year in the NAHL and is not currently on track to receiving any looks from D1 schools. On the other hand, 2007's best player by far, (Danny Wurden, Fargo South), is doing very well in the USHL. Wurden is a defenseman in a far more talented league, and Herbel is a forward in the much less talented league. Both players have 10 points thus far. Interesting...

Although I don't expect South to beat Red River tonight, I believe they will make a game of it. Their sophomore goalie has been incredibly hot ever since taking over the starting job, and I believe both RR/South regular season games were played prior to the Bruins' goalie change (somebody please correct me if I'm wrong about that). Red River should and probably will win tonight, but the same could have been said for the South team that was upset by Red River in the semifinal game three years ago. As Chris Berman likes to say, that is why they play the games. For the sake of the Red River fans, let's hope your players aren't taking South as lightly as you are.

Wrong analogy from two years ago. The two teams split the games and they were very closely played. Red River has been the better team twice versus South this year and I expect no different tonight.

"There is no reason why he shouldn't be a Mr Hockey finalist."

There is a reason why he shouldn't be a Mr. Hockey finalist: there are other players in the state who are much, much more talented. He has a snowball's chance in hell at playing junior A, let alone D1 (yes, I've seen him play several times).

Hockey 09 don't look at this as us ripping on a kid who is a Mr. Hockey finalist. We (or at least I) don't have anything against these two players from the WDA. They're average players who work hard for their team, and for that they should be commended. Instead, try to look at this as us ripping on coaches in the West who ignorantly and selfishly vote for kids in their conference instead of the players who are much more qualified for the award.

I agree with you. I'm in no way saying that Rehak shouldn't be up for Mr. Hockey. After watching him yesterday he is after all a very good defenseman. What I am trying to say is that there are more skilled people that could be more worthy as far as a candidate for Mr. Hockey. I mean it is pretty obvious that the race is between Ladouceur and Meland, but possibly a better candidate could have been named than a kid with 19 points from the west. When has a defensive defensman ever won the award? I cannot recall someone in recent years that was described as being a defensive defenseman. My only reasoning for why a player from Red River was not named along with Ladouceur and Meland was that maybe the coaches thought those two helped others on the Red River like Schaefer and Galbreath by contributing to their point totals or possibly that Red River shouldn't be allowed to have three candidates because that might be too many for a good team that has the best senior class by far in the state. Who else from the east could you think of besides the seniors on Red River that could possibly be a candidate for Mr. Hockey? There's no one else I can really think of if any that should be!

consolation bracket...

north 5, mandan 1

williston 4, century 1

semifinals...

gpr 6, bhs 2

gfrr and south just getting going

interesting stat from the nd state tourney, both against century, and i watched both games... ladouceur had one assist and played well defensively for a dominant team that won 8-2... while rehak had a goal and an assist and was a shutdown defenseman all game in a 4-1 victory. take it for what it is... rehak did what he has been doing all season long, but he is from the west, so i am sure he is overrated.

consolation bracket...

north 5, mandan 1

williston 4, century 1

semifinals...

gpr 6, bhs 2

gfrr and south just getting going

interesting stat from the nd state tourney, both against century, and i watched both games... ladouceur had one assist and played well defensively for a dominant team that won 8-2... while rehak had a goal and an assist and was a shutdown defenseman all game in a 4-1 victory. take it for what it is... rehak did what he has been doing all season long, but he is from the west, so i am sure he is overrated.

Century blows so using them in an argument is worthless.

Two years ago South won the championship. I was referring to three years ago. South beat Red River twice in the regular season and, if I'm not mistaken, again in the East Region tournament. Red River pulled off the big upset in the semifinal round of the state tournament. Maybe South can return the favor tonight. I certainly wouldn't bet on it, but crazier things have happened.

You are mistaken. In the 04-05 season, RR and South split in the Regular season. In the EDC tourney, RR lost to Grafton in the semifinal game and beat North in the play-in game. Red River then beat South 4-2 in the State semifinal. They would then go on to beat Central 3-0 in the championship game. So, yeah, I don't think I'd call it an upset.

I know someone mentioned a defensive defenseman never winning the award, and while I can't think of one who won either, I can think of one who was very deserving and from the sounds of it plays a similiar game to Mr. Rehak. The kid was Sean Hoffman and he played defense for Fargo North in the 1990's. The kid was a real bruiser, and went on to play for the University of Minnesota as a linebacker (rightfully so). Anyway, with the way the voting goes, it is very possible that Ladoucer (sp?) and Meland will split votes from eastern coaches and western coaches will all vote for the same guy. Who knows. If I had to pick today with the information provided I'd probably give the nod to Meland. Mainly because I believe him and Ladouceur are on similiar tiers, but I have heard nothing about Ladouceurs intellectual level. However, it has been advertised that Meland boasts a 4.0. To be honest, I'd like to see academic ability removed from bias as to who wins the award, but the state add an all-academic team. That way the best hockey player wins the award and we still give recognition for the work the kids do that will almost certainly be of greater importance than their success on the ice. Just my take.

North over Williston 3-1. You've got to be kidding me....#2 seed from the West? North just beat the #2 WDA seed and #2 regular season seed in consecutive days.... Congrats to North!

The west is brutal. They managed to walk away with no hardware. None, Zilch, Notta. They won the minimum amount of games possible for four teams in an eight team tournament.

The only question that arises from this topic is who has a chance to beat Red River? I see them going undefeated and having 2 finalists for Mr. Hockey. I don't think anyone in North Dakota will play a close game with them.

3-2 in triple ot... gpr over gfrr. great game. definately two best teams. gpr will be good next year, don't lose alot. like berman says... that is why they play the game. tough loss for a good rr team, but what a great game to watch. early predictions have a long time to fall apart :huh:

2008 North Dakota State High School Hockey Championship

Final

[#1] Red River Roughriders (23-2-1) 2 vs. [#2] Grafton - Park River Spoilers (21-5-0) 3

Game Attendance: 4121

Mr. Hockey - Ryan Ladouceur

1st Period:

10:27 1st Period

Grafton - Park River goal; Tyler Lindell (Tyler Vold, Adam Schaefer) ES

15:16 1st Period

Red River goal; Keith Howe (Ryan LaDouceur, Jarrett Galbreath) ES

End of First

Red River 1

(11 Shots, 6 Scoring chances, 12 Faceoffs won, 2 penalties)

Grafton - Park River 1

(11 Shots, 3 Scoring chances, 12 Faceoffs won, 2 penalties)

Grafton starts 2nd period on the power play.

2nd Period

2:36 2nd Period

Red River goal; Nick Schaefer (Ryan LaDouceur) ES

End of Second

Red River 2

(12 [23] Shots, 7 [13] Scoring chances, 11 [23] Faceoffs won, 1 penalty)

Grafton - Park River 1

(8 [19] Shots, 5 [8] Scoring chances, 10 [22] Faceoffs won, 0 penalties)

3rd Period

9:14 3rd Period

Grafton - Park River goal; Tanner Anderson (Chad Demers) PP

End of Third

Red River 2

(6 [29] Shots, 4 [17] Scoring chances, 8 [31] Faceoffs won, 1 penalty)

Grafton - Park River 2

(10 [29] Shots, 4 [12] Scoring chances, 8 [30] Faceoffs won, 0 penalties)

End of First Overtime

Red River 2

([34] Shots)

Grafton - Park River 2

([34] Shots)

End of Second Overtime

Red River 2

Grafton - Park River 2

Third Overtime

Grafton - Park River goal; Chad Demers (Gaustad, Mohagen)

End of Third Overtime

Red River 2

Grafton - Park River 3