SiouxSports.com Forum

2007-2008 ND High School Hockey

riders06

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bismarck 5 North 1 If Bismarck loses this game the west should no longer be invited to the state tournament

Grafton 6 Mandan 2

Red River 8 Century 0

South 4 Williston 3 Possibly best game of the tournament

Grafton 5 Bismarck 3 Chance for Bismarck to prove themselves, but Grafton is just too good

Red River 6 South 2 South has a rough game after a battle with williston

Red River 4 Grafton 2 red River shows why people have been talking repeat since the clock hit 00:00 last year

Bismark over North 4-1

GPR over Mandan 6-1

RR over BC 5-0

FS over Williston 3-2 OT

Bismark over GPR 3-2 2OT

RR over Williston 7-0

RR over Bismark 4-1

Can you say back to back baby!

I think a better finalist from the east could have been added instead of Colby Rehak from Williston. I know he's been playing for Williston for a long time but I mean there's plenty of other candidates that could have taken his spot from the east or even a player such as Andrew Seeberg from Bismarck High who led the west in scoring this year. How does a breakout player like Nick Schaefer from Red River who has 69 points and is second to Eric Meland's 75 not get nominated? Or possibly Jarrett Galbreath of Red River who's also been playing high school hockey for quite some time.

i dont think it matters if there are west candidates...its politics.... and its basically between meland and ladoucer....id probly say meland gets it

If we had to take someone from the west it should have been Dickenson's goalie. That team is absolutely horrible and he gave them a chance to win in most games.

really??? willeston, dickenson??? have you never left grand ferks or can you just not spell? i would guess those of you saying rehak doesn't deserve to be a finalist have never seen him play (or possibly saw the one game they played rr in last years state tourney and almost knocked them off, rr didn't have a lead until a few minutes left in the game) he is one of the very few north dakota kids who have legitimate division 1 talent. he is a great skater and has great vision, and is arguably the most physical defenseman in the state. he is just as good of player as ladoucer, but plays out west on a non-dominant team. like i stated earlier, i think ladoucer deserves it, and meland's numbers are outstanding, but rehak is legit. i don't know much about the bhs kid, but i wouldn't be surprised to see the other three finalists all in div 1 hockey in a couple of years. im sure you can all make your arguments about who should be there instead... the four finalist from rr comment was quite humorous, but don't discount a kid you know nothing about, because you think the west sucks and everyone should bow down to your team. it is attitudes like that that make me hope someone knocks rr off their high horse, although i realize the chances are slim.

really??? willeston, dickenson??? have you never left grand ferks or can you just not spell? i would guess those of you saying rehak doesn't deserve to be a finalist have never seen him play (or possibly saw the one game they played rr in last years state tourney and almost knocked them off, rr didn't have a lead until a few minutes left in the game) he is one of the very few north dakota kids who have legitimate division 1 talent. he is a great skater and has great vision, and is arguably the most physical defenseman in the state. he is just as good of player as ladoucer, but plays out west on a non-dominant team. like i stated earlier, i think ladoucer deserves it, and meland's numbers are outstanding, but rehak is legit. i don't know much about the bhs kid, but i wouldn't be surprised to see the other three finalists all in div 1 hockey in a couple of years. im sure you can all make your arguments about who should be there instead... the four finalist from rr comment was quite humorous, but don't discount a kid you know nothing about, because you think the west sucks and everyone should bow down to your team. it is attitudes like that that make me hope someone knocks rr off their high horse, although i realize the chances are slim.

ladoucer?? really?? have you never left the west or can you just not spell?

ladoucer?? really?? have you never left the west or can you just not spell?

How does one become "arguably the most physical defensemen in the state"? Who argues it? Who doesn't argue it? How do you even compare something that is "arguably" I'm not even arguing the abilities of Rehak, as I believe he is a very good defensemen. You know what they say about "almost winning" though right? It's still losing to the team that "almost won" and winning to the team that "almost lost"...

SERIOUS QUESTION: CAN I CALL A GUY AN IDIOT.

haha. ill just qoute this guy.

he is one of the very few north dakota kids who have legitimate division 1 talent.
COME ON.. you make it sound like hes some sort of GOD on ice that was screwed out of an award. o and if your still sour about being up the whole game than getting beat out late in the third. GO CRY. Its a game. Normally they play the whole thing to decide a winner you dont go by
"o we were up the whole game we were jipped out of a win."
o no doesnt work like that. You should know this by now, but just incase you dont ill tell ya.

HOCKEY GAME

1 period

2 period

3 periods. Game over after third. that how you decide a winner by who has the highest score at the END of the third.

SERIOUS QUESTION: CAN I CALL A GUY AN IDIOT.

haha. ill just qoute this guy.

COME ON.. you make it sound like hes some sort of GOD on ice that was screwed out of an award. o and if your still sour about being up the whole game than getting beat out late in the third. GO CRY. Its a game. Normally they play the whole thing to decide a winner you dont go by o no doesnt work like that. You should know this by now, but just incase you dont ill tell ya.

HOCKEY GAME

1 period

2 period

3 periods. Game over after third. that how you decide a winner by who has the highest score at the END of the third.

you can call me one, only if you do it to my face, but your entitled to your opinion, reguardless of how idiotic it is. i put my life savings up saying ive got more education in my left pinky than you'll ever have, but if that makes me an idiot, go ahead. i never said rehak was a god, i said he is a legit mr. hockey finalist with div. 1 talent. i also said i think ladouceur deserves the award. i like how you also made up a second quote to fit your "argument". and yes, they play three periods of hockey or until they have a winner, my point was to those of you saying no west team can stick with rr, and that they will win by 15 (was one quote). and to lives-to-play... i live in the east, so yes i have left the west, and i mispelled a hs kids last name, sue me. im sure that is on par with not know how to spell the name of towns in your home state. i should have know better than to post on this forum and get in an argument with a bunch of angry hs kids ??? i take full responsibility for that one.

you can call me one, only if you do it to my face, but your entitled to your opinion, reguardless of how idiotic it is. i put my life savings up saying ive got more education in my left pinky than you'll ever have, but if that makes me an idiot, go ahead. i never said rehak was a god, i said he is a legit mr. hockey finalist with div. 1 talent. i also said i think ladouceur deserves the award. i like how you also made up a second quote to fit your "argument". and yes, they play three periods of hockey or until they have a winner, my point was to those of you saying no west team can stick with rr, and that they will win by 15 (was one quote). and to lives-to-play... i live in the east, so yes i have left the west, and i mispelled a hs kids last name, sue me. im sure that is on par with not know how to spell the name of towns in your home state. i should have know better than to post on this forum and get in an argument with a bunch of angry hs kids ??? i take full responsibility for that one.

Rehak does not have D1 talent I could maybe see him playing at MSU-Bottineau. The only kids that have D1 talent come from RR or GPR this year. I was at the game last year when RR was losing to Williston and Rehak was not that noticeable comparing him to Galbreath and LaDouceur. I hope Williston does well and we could have a rematch of last years quarter finals but this year RR will dominate them and I don't see either South or Williston even giving them a good game.

THEY OUTSHOT THEM BY FIFTY SHOTS!!!! IT WAS AN ACT OF GOD THAT IT WASN'T A TEN GOAL GAME. QUIT REFERRING TO THAT UGLY DISGRACE OF A GAME.

Now, with that said, there is no team that can skate with Red River or Grafton, there just isn't. They may be able to keep a game close with the assistance of a hot goalie, because that's what happens at tournament time. No one can SKATE with them though. And you laugh at all four finalists coming from one school, well i'll tell ya what, RR didn't deserve four, but one could strongly strongly argue that they could have had three up for the award. Jarrett Galbreath has 35 points on the year and that places him pretty high in the rankings. Add that to the fact that he's a four-year varsity player (in the east, YES it's harder to do that in the east than west) and that this is his fourth state-championship game the kid has been in and you can argue strongly that he deserves it. I've seen Rehak play multiple occasions and i can tell you with honesty, not eastern bias, that i'd take both RR d-men before him. Not because he is bad, but because they are better.

LASTLY.....people predicting on this board, especially the ones that have RR winning 5-0...add an "after the first period" when typing in that absurd score...they'll win by 10 at least

I must say that Rehak is a good player from what I saw of him last year when Williston played Red River, but how does a player from the west with only 19 points become a candidate for Mr. Hockey? And yes, I know he plays for a team that is not that good but that still shouldn't matter.

It must feel good to go on a message board and rip on a kid who is a Mr. Hockey finalist. I would be willing to bet that everyone who is on here bashing Rehak couldn't even carry his jock strap. You guys say how does a kid with 19 points in the West get a nomination for Mr. Hockey. The kid plays defense, he's not a forward. There's a lot more to the game than just putting up points. The kid plays on a offensively challenged team, compared to Ladouceur who plays for a very dominant Red River team that frequently blows out opponents and finds the back of the net a lot more than Williston does. Its only common sense when a team scores as often as Red River does that those kids are going to have higher point totals than a kid like Rehak from Williston. Red River has 158 goals compared to Williston's 77 according to Gillen's site. Red River has scored more than twice the goals Williston has. Ladouceur has one more goal than Rehak, but a lot more assists. Well its a lot easier to pick up assists when you are playing for a highly skilled Red River team that averages over 6 goals a game. I am by no means trying to take anything away from Ladouceur, the kid is a great player and in my mind deserves to win Mr. Hockey. You dont get drafted into the USHL unless you can play, but at the same time Rehak can also play the game. He may not be the player Ladouceur is, but he is a very good hockey player who has been a big part of an improving Williston program. There is no reason why he shouldn't be a Mr Hockey finalist.

It must feel good to go on a message board and rip on a kid who is a Mr. Hockey finalist. I would be willing to bet that everyone who is on here bashing Rehak couldn't even carry his jock strap. You guys say how does a kid with 19 points in the West get a nomination for Mr. Hockey. The kid plays defense, he's not a forward. There's a lot more to the game than just putting up points. The kid plays on a offensively challenged team, compared to Ladouceur who plays for a very dominant Red River team that frequently blows out opponents and finds the back of the net a lot more than Williston does. Its only common sense when a team scores as often as Red River does that those kids are going to have higher point totals than a kid like Rehak from Williston. Red River has 158 goals compared to Williston's 77 according to Gillen's site. Red River has scored more than twice the goals Williston has. Ladouceur has one more goal than Rehak, but a lot more assists. Well its a lot easier to pick up assists when you are playing for a highly skilled Red River team that averages over 6 goals a game. I am by no means trying to take anything away from Ladouceur, the kid is a great player and in my mind deserves to win Mr. Hockey. You dont get drafted into the USHL unless you can play, but at the same time Rehak can also play the game. He may not be the player Ladouceur is, but he is a very good hockey player who has been a big part of an improving Williston program. There is no reason why he shouldn't be a Mr Hockey finalist.

"There is no reason why he shouldn't be a Mr Hockey finalist."

There is a reason why he shouldn't be a Mr. Hockey finalist: there are other players in the state who are much, much more talented. He has a snowball's chance in hell at playing junior A, let alone D1 (yes, I've seen him play several times).

Hockey 09 don't look at this as us ripping on a kid who is a Mr. Hockey finalist. We (or at least I) don't have anything against these two players from the WDA. They're average players who work hard for their team, and for that they should be commended. Instead, try to look at this as us ripping on coaches in the West who ignorantly and selfishly vote for kids in their conference instead of the players who are much more qualified for the award.

"There is no reason why he shouldn't be a Mr Hockey finalist."

There is a reason why he shouldn't be a Mr. Hockey finalist: there are other players in the state who are much, much more talented. He has a snowball's chance in hell at playing junior A, let alone D1 (yes, I've seen him play several times).

Hockey 09 don't look at this as us ripping on a kid who is a Mr. Hockey finalist. We (or at least I) don't have anything against these two players from the WDA. They're average players who work hard for their team, and for that they should be commended. Instead, try to look at this as us ripping on coaches in the West who ignorantly and selfishly vote for kids in their conference instead of the players who are much more qualified for the award.

mr. blanston... since it is a snowballs chance in hell, we will start with juniors. you give me 25-1 odds (much better than a snowballs chance in hell i would say), and you name the price, and i will take the bet. rehak is anything but average, and if he decides to go that route, he could play right along your east side golden boys in the ushl. rr is very talented and has some great players, that does not mean a great player cannot come out of the west. if you have seen rehak play many times as you claim, then you are just a horrible judge of hockey talent.

bhs 4, north 0

gpr 2, mandan 0

looks like 0 for 2 ;)

edit: i think you have to be within a couple of goals to even consider it a correct prediction :lol:

I think the fact that maybe the west is not as bad as everyone thinks. RR is by far the best team talent wise but BHS is deep and has 4 very good Defenseman. I guess we'll find out tomarrow night